User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 Sep 2005, 05:02   #1
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
New Techs

Last night as i saw the thread for a new tech tree i gave me an idea, Not to research some ships diffrenty by techs but rather ammounts. For instance spanning the setup we have for roids and constructions to ships and eta. So each division(fi/co fr/de cr/bs) you would have to research to be able to control more ships. You could have 10k fi but only be able to support 5k. So you could only send 5k out. the other 5k need to stay back home.

And for the eta, you would have to research -1's on your eta for each group instead of all. So a zik may want to skip some of the FR eta research to get his BS down. The only requirment would be to do the first of the type before(ie. must do fi/co before fr/de).

This would bring more of a skill back into the game. Yes it would make it a tad bit harder for the new players but would not be too hard.

thoughts?

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 08:55   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: New Techs

It'd have to be related to the score of the ships you could send out at once, not the number of ships. 5k Xan ships is alot cheaper than 5k Terran ships
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 12:44   #3
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Will make them easy to steal then if its not possible to send em out.
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 12:53   #4
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

makes it impossible for the bigger planets to be attacked
i can send out 20k ships but got 50k etc, 30k always home, ones attacking me can also only send a small amount of ships, ...

and the res tree takes long enough allready
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 14:49   #5
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Will make them easy to steal then if its not possible to send em out.
had not thought of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berten0
makes it impossible for the bigger planets to be attacked
i can send out 20k ships but got 50k etc, 30k always home, ones attacking me can also only send a small amount of ships, ...

yer but i was thinking more that you would have more planning in how you orderd ships as you wouldn't want ships u couldn't use. so it would make you plan a bit more and as it is i think the tech tree is too short as you can get most things pritty fast

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 15:11   #6
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten

There is always an easy way around that one, simply decrease the amount of time to research each task. I think it might be interesting to have more research options then most people can manage to research in the round, one of my favorite parts of the early rounds is trying to figure out what tech people have, because it affects attacks and def.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote