User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 5 Jan 2009, 13:22   #1
PistNBroke

PistNBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
ROCK recruitment R30

Welcome one and all to the first of many recruitment threads for ROCK this year.

We will once again be troubling the top spots with players refreshed and ready to roid and here is your chance.

We want YOU! No not you, the guy behind you. That's right our doors aren't open for everyone this round. We are aiming for selective recruitment and will be looking for players that can be vouched for by our trusted member based, not just for their playing abilities but for their character too as there is no player in ROCK who is more important than another and there never will be.

Our tech will be up, running and fully functioning to give every ROCKer their best chance to get up those ranks.

Of course ROCK first and foremost is a community of players that enjoy playing and we will always aim to make the rounds fun! (Orbiters agree we are fun ) but at the same time we do push and we do expect to see you on IRC offering defence and helping your fellow members as they will help you.

So if you know one of the ROCK faithfull and think you have what we want come join us in #ROCK on netgamers and contact one of the friendly op's that look alive. Ex-ROCKers are always welcome as we will remember you(unless you have changed your name)!
R13-30 ROCK HC/DC/BC/Bar Tender
R37 on Ascendancy
R40 Special appearance for rock
HEROES WILL SMURF YOU UP
ROCK FTW!!!
<3 Orbit
PistNBroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2009, 14:07   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: ROCK recruitment R30

good luck to all my old comrades in rock for rd 30 will be keeping an eye out for you on the ally rank page
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2009, 14:38   #3
TaucRedFox
BERZERKAR!

TaucRedFox is on a distinguished road

Hurray! Come Flying Foxes, let us join together once more and smite our enemies, crush them like we once crushed the Assassins!

*Redfox summons a mighty golden fox avatar and sits on his right shoulder, surveying the crowds for old padawans*
Unread 5 Jan 2009, 17:21   #4
Pelennor
Tortilla de Patatas

Pelennor will become famous soon enoughPelennor will become famous soon enough

Good luck ROCK
Unread 5 Jan 2009, 19:01   #5
csillag

csillag is on a distinguished road

Well, i must admit i missed the "let's 20-wave wakey" bit from the rec thread :P
Gl ROCKers!

- retired -
csillag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2009, 19:14   #6
drinker
registered drunkard of pa

drinker is an unknown quantity at this point

GL ROCKers, the next fun ally after orbit

cant believe u left pist in charge of your recruitment tho!!

<3 PistNBroke
drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2009, 23:45   #7
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

good luck ROCK, i'm going to miss you all <3
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 19:13   #8
Phantasm
Egotistical Megalomaniac

Phantasm is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck ROCK, and where is HellKicker going?
Did he emoquit?
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 21:19   #9
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Good luck ROCK, and where is HellKicker going?
Did he emoquit?
He retired as he needs to study his sexy ass off

(which means he ofc emoquit as well )

And: Good Luck ROCK. I <3 you all (except Light)
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2009, 06:10   #10
MysticQue
Spy of the Spy

MysticQue is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck ROCKers

miss u guys
Unread 17 Jan 2009, 11:51   #11
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Gl
Unread 21 Jan 2009, 03:16   #12
TaucRedFox
BERZERKAR!

OK guys, so this is the final round - probably. And I know there is a little bit of concern with the 100 max players for alliances, and people want to play a decent final round, and it seems like the last chance. That is very understandable. And I am some old duffer coming in here like I am cock of the coop, like I know what I am talking about *wiggles foxy ears*. But this is my take on this Round 30 and what it really would mean to "go out with a bang".

ROCK has been around one of the longest. It has seen varying times and members have come and gone, some come back every so often and play a few rounds, or perhaps have gone on to have great rounds in other alliances. Heck, some have even joined PA team and worked on the game. Amazing. I am proud of you all, especially the Flying Foxes from old ROCKjr. I stop by sometimes and see what people are up to.

Since this is the final round, and this game is really about the community and always was, the score ultimately second, let's think a moment. Remember how it used to be? Underneath this aged and greying fox fur is the same heart and spirit you recognize. Look into my eyes. ROCK spirit! Yes, deep in the core beats the same heart. In yours somewhere too. Maybe a fondness for the fun we all once had. A nostalgia that one might sometimes smile upon when planning the next newb pwnage. A noble cause. But again, community is what keeps you playing. I hope somehow that community remains and is not disbanded as this round draws to a close. Going out with a bang is more than just 10 weeks of sleepness nights and a final score. It is about perhaps drawing to a close a great history. It can be both of those things.

With this in mind, I call out to all our old and beloved ROCK members, be you retired or in other alliances or sitting on the side lines. I do not wish to poach you from places you are happy with. But, if like me, you would like to see this final round of Planetarion out in the way you really once loved it, come join us and play as a team once more. Perhaps you never were in ROCK, but you remember us from alliances joined in the past. ROCK is recruiting this round for the last time perhaps, we shall see. But join us in making this round another fond smile in whatever we do in the future, something legendary we will always remember. Make this round the best it can be in every way.

Even if you don't join us, come to #ROCK on netgamers.org and say hello, hang about and see who else drops by. Let's end this on a high point. I'll see you all in R30! And you know I'll be pestering you and asking you why you bailed on us this final round :P hehe...
Unread 21 Jan 2009, 04:01   #13
Thely

Thely is an unknown quantity at this point

Even I am playing again this round. I hope to be able to play with many of my old friends and fellow alliance mates. I'm not as eloquent as my husband Redfox, but I just want to say, come join us in Rock for what may be the last chance to play with the oldest continuously existing alliance in PA. Rock was started in Round 3, and we have been a fixture in PA ever since. Come be a part of history!
Thely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2009, 11:35   #14
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

omg Thely been ages is Caledan playing too?

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2009, 12:22   #15
MissyR

MissyR is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be back Thanks for the reminder mail! See ya on MIRC x

ROCK foreva
MissyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2009, 02:11   #16
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

with PA shutting down, I guess I wont be getting another chance to play with you guys.

gl anyways Rock

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2009, 03:13   #17
TaucRedFox
BERZERKAR!

It's never too late to come home for dinner!
Unread 24 Jan 2009, 13:00   #18
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone View Post
omg Thely been ages is Caledan playing too?

Yes he is, plus people such as Ugleb etc quite a few old faces shame i wont be there. Gl rockers... and oh foxy that reminds me THE ASSASSINS ALWAYS RULED THE FOXES!

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2009, 13:33   #19
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Omg is uggie back , oh and ass you and fox are both wrong Fightin-irish ruled
Unread 24 Jan 2009, 15:53   #20
TaucRedFox
BERZERKAR!

It's not too late for you to come back Gzambo. Even though you dare test the might of the Flying Fox kr3w
Unread 24 Jan 2009, 18:21   #21
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

FI has been around since rd 8 , it was your good lady wife who gave tyroka and me permission to start it , so the fox's have 21 rd's to catch up on
Unread 24 Jan 2009, 21:41   #22
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Yes he is, plus people such as Ugleb etc quite a few old faces shame i wont be there. Gl rockers... and oh foxy that reminds me THE ASSASSINS ALWAYS RULED THE FOXES!
you left to LCH you traitor

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2009, 15:04   #23
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone View Post
you left to LCH you traitor
I always thought if left rock to go to legion not lch oh wait i'm thinking bout rd 5