User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 17 Dec 2008, 18:24   #101
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold
Re: So yeh enough of this Asc > *, but my alliance coulda been better if crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubert Samson View Post
I see next round as somewhat like this one with the exception that the big enemy is going to be Ascendancy and not Denial, even if there isnt the same level of hate for Ascendancy as Denial, I hope (perhaps foolishly) that the alliances will be able to see that, as long as the core of Ascendancy is there, they can win unless taken out of the running very early.
The question is, which alliance will sacrifice themselves to take Ascendancy out of the running. As surely people must realise that if alliances make it impossible for Ascendancy to have a chance of winning, we'd also return the favour to another alliance.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2008, 18:34   #102
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
The question is, which alliance will sacrifice themselves to take Ascendancy out of the running. As surely people must realise that if alliances make it impossible for Ascendancy to have a chance of winning, we'd also return the favour to another alliance.
But with multiple alliances wanting to win its a sacrifice thats going to HAVE to be made if any of them want the chance, i hope people see that and arent just pussied out of it by posts like that.
Unread 17 Dec 2008, 18:59   #103
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
But with multiple alliances wanting to win its a sacrifice thats going to HAVE to be made if any of them want the chance, i hope people see that and arent just pussied out of it by posts like that.
Looks like CT are going to take it then.
Unread 17 Dec 2008, 19:37   #104
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post

three in a row would be a decent achievement
it certainly would be , i dont think it has been achieved by any aly yet

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2008, 19:41   #105
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
i hope people see that and arent just pussied out of it by posts like that.
Like Denial pussied out this round you mean?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2008, 20:39   #106
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Like Denial pussied out this round you mean?
you hit the nail on the head, want a cookie?
Unread 17 Dec 2008, 21:09   #107
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Is it chocolate?
Unread 17 Dec 2008, 21:18   #108
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

no.
Unread 17 Dec 2008, 21:24   #109
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

i want a cookie
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2008, 21:33   #110
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
I see next round as somewhat like this one with the exception that the big enemy is going to be Ascendancy and not Denial, even if there isnt the same level of hate for Ascendancy as Denial, I hope (perhaps foolishly) that the alliances will be able to see that, as long as the core of Ascendancy is there, they can win unless taken out of the running very early.
The beginning of a round doesn't really have a significant effect on the final result.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2008, 21:36   #111
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
The beginning of a round doesn't really have a significant effect on the final result.
no, but some descent midround action on asc lets say after week 3 would have been great.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 09:02   #112
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
Im saying that a concerted effort would have to be made early and be sustained to make sure they couldnt take the win, a bit how Denial was taken out this round after showing so much promise pre-round.

The reality seems to be that the alliances needed for something like this would not be able to organize until at best mid round when their roidcount and value is too high to touch anyways (r28 anyone?)

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 09:30   #113
Reese
If not never; then once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
i want a cookie
first you have to make an out of context post thats only funny to your friends...
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 09:39   #114
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

oh :<
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 10:31   #115
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

It only requires a block to kill ascendancy, like it required a block to kill denial, whats the difference.

Asc can do punny nothing if "whole game" targets them as it been the case with others....
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 10:35   #116
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
It only requires a block to kill ascendancy, like it required a block to kill denial, whats the difference.

Asc can do punny nothing if "whole game" targets them as it been the case with others....
If Asc plays full force like in r28, I doubt a full block would be able to stop a win. Although that's mainly down to that block's inability to organise itself.

However, the chances of Asc playing like r28 ever again are close to nil. Things will continue as usual, not really bothering till about mid round, at which point if it looks like Asc stand a chance, things kick into gear.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 11:33   #117
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well it doesnt help denial then one of the hc's runs to c200 to avoid incommings, think your ex galm8s thanked you for it

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 11:42   #118
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

I like how asc is already out on forums downplaying the 3 in a row.

And that if *ANYONE* attacks them to stop them to win, they will do the same to that alliance.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 12:08   #119
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I think Asc will win 3 (4-5-6-...) in a row, simply because other allies will do nothing to stop them again.

Too affraid of getting hit by asc and not winning because of it...
NEWSFLASH: if you don't hit asc you lose too!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 12:18   #120
Reese
If not never; then once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
I think Asc will win 3 (4-5-6-...) in a row, simply because other allies will do nothing to stop them again.

Too affraid of getting hit by asc and not winning because of it...
NEWSFLASH: if you don't hit asc you lose too!
They can play for planet ranks..
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 12:24   #121
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
I'd rather win the champions league with my team than win the golden ball for best footie player in a losing team...

(Translated to american for you Reese : I'd rather win the superbowl than get an MVP award in a losing team)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 13:23   #122
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post

And that if *ANYONE* attacks them to stop them to win, they will do the same to that alliance.
God forbid we'd retaliate people for attacking us!

(Jesterina, I'm thinking we should do ND instead)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 13:30   #123
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post

I trust YOU will be stepping upto the plate then SteInMetz next round and leading from the front?

It's pretty simple really, if JBG decides he fancies three in a row and PM's everyone asking to play then we'll all play from the start. If however he's not fussed about next round, and unless someone steps upto the role of 'JBG' I'd say it's safe to say the 'normal' approach will be adopted.

*Note that's not to say that won't be enough to win, you've all proven yourselves terrible enough for Asc to win playing part time.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 20:41   #124
Bubert Samson

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I trust YOU will be stepping upto the plate then SteInMetz next round and leading from the front?
If I had the position to do it, I would take that responsibility on, only because its too boring any other way.

- Edgar Allan Poe
Unread 18 Dec 2008, 22:48   #125
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
If I had the position to do it, I would take that responsibility on, only because its too boring any other way.
Come join Ascendancy, in our alliance you don't need to have the position to do it.

Oh wai...

Can you see why we all think your stupid 'hierarchy' has it backwards?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 01:44   #126
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
c200 hc epic failing
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 04:15   #127
Bubert Samson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Come join Ascendancy, in our alliance you don't need to have the position to do it.

Oh wai...

Can you see why we all think your stupid 'hierarchy' has it backwards?
Im not sure I would allow a lot of the people I see playing to be in anything but the hierarchy to be honest, so while it may be backwards, it is necessary.

- Edgar Allan Poe
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 08:20   #128
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When CBA can do Ascendancy, anyone can.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 09:47   #129
Bubert Samson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
When CBA can do Ascendancy, anyone can.
You know, as I was typing my last response, that thought did cross my mind, but I suppose ill just write that little detail off as the exception.

touché though

- Edgar Allan Poe
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 12:57   #130
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Self-empowerment is fun.
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 13:52   #131
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Im not sure I would allow a lot of the people I see playing to be in anything but the hierarchy to be honest, so while it may be backwards, it is necessary.
People will surprise you. Swings and roundabouts obviously, but you won't know until you've tried.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2008, 12:26   #132
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Self-empowerment is fun.
So is your mum.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2008, 01:52   #133
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ah but he did this round already, by only hitting asc late sign up planets instead of real targets

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2008, 13:31   #134
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

I think the alliance HCs needs to invest more time into cuddling their members and help them become good, and recruit decent players to help them out with the "guiding". Sharing power is good!

Its a bit hilarious if any alliance the following round actually thinks they have a chance with their core alone vs Asc as it is now. They need to educate players, like im under the impression CT have been doing this round, although their players could need some war-training imo

A good example is someone many people know under many nicks, mostly known as mickey and yoshika. Take him into your alliance and guide him and he will be one of your most valuable players, with activity and the will to help his alliance far more then the average player. Its really up to the HCs in the respective top5 alliances if they bother to put the effort into players that needs a little guiding. The more decent players out there the better.

Now thats my opinion, please flame it so we can see who lacks the balls to save PA.

edit: i forgot to say why its important. it boosts MORALE if they see their game improving!

Last edited by HaNzI; 21 Dec 2008 at 13:37.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2008, 14:44   #135
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
A good example is someone many people know under many nicks, mostly known as mickey and yoshika. Take him into your alliance and guide him and he will be one of your most valuable players, with activity and the will to help his alliance far more then the average player. Its really up to the HCs in the respective top5 alliances if they bother to put the effort into players that needs a little guiding. The more decent players out there the better.
Aye, that was some shameful shit people pulled on Yoshika.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
Now thats my opinion, please flame it so we can see who lacks the balls to save PA.
Asking people to flame you is an excellent way of getting flamed.
Unread 21 Dec 2008, 16:09   #136
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Well, im sure you know that i dont mind being flamed as it creates discussion, and i appreciate attention on topics i think is important
I also said in a way that anyone who wishes to flame, better have a damn good reason or they will just look like idiots.
Unread 21 Dec 2008, 16:15   #137
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

How are you suggesting that alliances should go about helping people become better players? A large amount of PA is raw activity, there are a few tricks but once you are past the stage of not knowing what a bcalc is or that whoring Finance centers is the only way to go with cons what more is there?

I find its little things like the fact I am forever complaining to my gal at their attempts to defend an incoming on two levels when one is more efficient even where it causes less damage overall, but for an alliance these things should be done by the presumably already competent officers.
Unread 21 Dec 2008, 18:21   #138
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Better! means learning something new to improve their planet, galaxy and alliance and in the end feel confident what to do in any situation.

you want a list? thats a waste of time as it really is a lot of improvements players can do to their gameplay in this "simple" game. Small things matters.
Unread 21 Dec 2008, 23:35   #139
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
How are you suggesting that alliances should go about helping people become better players? A large amount of PA is raw activity, there are a few tricks but once you are past the stage of not knowing what a bcalc is or that whoring Finance centers is the only way to go with cons what more is there?

I find its little things like the fact I am forever complaining to my gal at their attempts to defend an incoming on two levels when one is more efficient even where it causes less damage overall, but for an alliance these things should be done by the presumably already competent officers.
oh common, there is loads more, fake attack, attack recall, big teamups, mixed attack fleets, fake def. Also what about politics side, get intel on your target, if its some def drain like caj <3 then dont hit it unless big teamup, also exiling galaxys, find fence gals or gals good at cross deffin, hiddin value, this is actually a far more complecating game then u make ouit Londo. Shame on you.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2008, 23:49   #140
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I think Londo was talking the basics rather than embellishments that help an attack get through... only finding a good galaxy is basic out of those imo.

I am sure there are many ppl who make do without fake attacks, mixed attack fleets etc, and who do fine. It is probably more important to be taught to spot them when they are incoming that persuading someone to be willing to do them themselves.

basically i'm not sure why it should be the HC's responsibility to direct the playing style of every member, yes they probably could/should put up guides (I believe there are already some available here on the forums) but then its probably best to leave it to the members to decide what tactics suit them. Surely HC already have enough on their hands without directing their members planets too? or is it an essential for beating asc that there is a small 'elite' group who then essentially run every tiny detail of everyones attacks and defence - and if this was the case then the real question would be are there really the people with the motivation to step up and do it?

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 22 Dec 2008 at 00:01.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 00:03   #141
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

CBA those are the few tricks i was alluding too yes

My post was not well explained, HaNzI was talking about t5 alliances, by the time ppl get to a t5 alliance they have probably been through another one, ASS or F-crew etc, what I meant was, what is there that is the tactical preserve of the top 5 that the others dont have?

Also a large portion of these thing are things that will be learnt naturally in the course of playing without anyone having to give particular instruction - for example if you dont know then Ur DC will tell you what to do with a fake def when he wants one, without there being anything like organised training, teamups naturally happen etc.

Its the tactic's that have least value that are the ones that are not learnt in the routine course of playing with an alliance, launch-recall-launch again, i have done often and only rarely actually benefitted from! or hidden production, i hid huge amounts this round but the benefit was dubious - in another thread Zotham/Golan said he thought my massive hidden hindered rather than helped my progress - I disagree but it certainly failed in helping me find xp which was my original intention!

Intel is I find, even for me too hard to get hold of, requiring an open intel policy by your alliance, unrelated to these educational aims... perhaps ppl should be taught how to use sandmans as a substitute for those of us who dont have intel access, which is dont forget most of the universe.

Perhaps there are many things U do that I dont that I should be doing, my ignorance so clearly stopped me this round!
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 00:09   #142
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
CBA those are the few tricks i was alluding too yes

My post was not well explained, HaNzI was talking about t5 alliances, by the time ppl get to a t5 alliance they have probably been through another one, ASS or F-crew etc, what I meant was, what is there that is the tactical preserve of the top 5 that the others dont have?

Also a large portion of these thing are things that will be learnt naturally in the course of playing without anyone having to give particular instruction - for example if you dont know then Ur DC will tell you what to do with a fake def when he wants one, without there being anything like organised training, teamups naturally happen etc.

Its the tactic's that have least value that are the ones that are not learnt in the routine course of playing with an alliance, launch-recall-launch again, i have done often and only rarely actually benefitted from! or hidden production, i hid huge amounts this round but the benefit was dubious - in another thread Zotham/Golan said he thought my massive hidden hindered rather than helped my progress - I disagree but it certainly failed in helping me find xp which was my original intention!

Intel is I find, even for me too hard to get hold of, requiring an open intel policy by your alliance, unrelated to these educational aims... perhaps ppl should be taught how to use sandmans as a substitute for those of us who dont have intel access, which is dont forget most of the universe.

Perhaps there are many things U do that I dont that I should be doing, my ignorance so clearly stopped me this round!
Well possibly but i dont think your ignorant, I was just stating that this game is FAR more complex then people make out and launch and recalls ARE VERY POWERFUL... how can they not be?? drawing defence, if not helping you it will help others hitting that alliance guaranteed also its about utilizing your fleets and keep em moving constantly, but yes the use of sandmans is also an important factor ofc.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 00:28   #143
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Shall I take a different approach with my response this time, I have played 4 rounds that I really remember... r3-9 are almost entirely lost to my memory. The vast majority of those things U mentioned I learnt in r25, to all intents and purposes that was my first round; I was, as U know, not in a top5 alliance. Some I perhaps learnt from my gal.. Im sure Inforza et al. would say so... tho I was 2nd ingal much of the time! Point is because i was interested I picked these things up; I think most ppl in an alliance like CT know all these tactics, whether they actually employ them is another matter.
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 00:37   #144
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
or that whoring Finance centers is the only way to go with cons what more is there?
There is much more to do!!!

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 00:42   #145
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

Tired of talking Asc and giving them attention even if it makes them feel good and those e-penises bigger.

Let's just kill them and watch them whine&flame their miserable destiny on forums.
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 00:43   #146
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Londo. it is the HCs responsibility to keep the members happy and make sure they contribute to the alliance.
They should have the drive and the skill needed in their HC-team to show their members what options they have, not neccessarily telling them what to do. Then its up to the members if they want to learn and show some activity.
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 00:44   #147
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUFC View Post
Tired of talking Asc and giving them attention even if it makes them feel good and those e-penises bigger.

Let's just kill them and watch them whine&flame their miserable destiny on forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUFC View Post
Denial would had won Asc in 1-on-1 battle and we all know that. The lot spoken 'PA-hate' came in to the picture and Asc had easy job to build shield for them selves while other alliances got beaten.

Kinda sad that Denial ain't playing R30 cause others would had possibly been more interested to stop Asc's run with victories than keep hating Denial. Now Asc will have hard time to get some sort of naps with the other top alliances and tbh i don't see any good reason for any ally to nap or even less to ally with them.

Not as a diss but still.. Asc got their latest win by politics and mindgames or what ever you call it. Personally i don't give a f**k bout those, but i hope that all of the alliance leaders are wise and brave enough to not let Asc have same kinda easy win in R30 and pay it by their own alliance member "blood".

Prediction: Asc tries to NAP and ally others to ease the load of incomings and if they do, they win. If the universe can resist the powers of evil mindgames there will be close battle between 3-4 alliances at the best.
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 00:47   #148
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

I think i should quietly withdraw everything I said...

I don't fundamentally disagree that teaching ppl is a good idea, i just expect it to happen b4 ppl graduate to top alliances.... It s not an overly complicated game tbh, the complexity is more in the politics imo, which is safely kept out of the reach of meer mortals like me. There is a game tactics thread somewhere on these boards from something like 10 rounds ago, the vast majority of things on it are still relevant, and the flipside of it is that I can think of very little that is done now that is not in that thread.

The Logical conclusion is that tactics have changed only a little, therefore there is not an enormous amount for the t5 alliances to teach which a player who gets into these alliances (which usually need a vouch - ie previous experience) does not already know.
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 00:49   #149
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

You would be amazed on how they do the "recruiting" in top5 alliances
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 00:52   #150
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

MZ, am i bad or good with those two different posts? By placing you can switch the relations and meanings pretty nicely.

Edit: And to be honest i didn't whine about Denial losing. I was judging the way Asc got their victory and would had judge it if it would had been Denial or any other alliance.

And according to these 'if you hit us we drag you down with us too' -posts they know or atleast fear that they aren't getting easy round again R30. That's what i hope too in my post.
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS

Last edited by SUFC; 22 Dec 2008 at 01:01.
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote