User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Sep 2005, 02:21   #1
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
pwned by PA coders

In #support
[03:09] <Gio2k> i tried to exile, but fleets were not home so exile didn't happen
[03:09] <Gio2k> but my exile cost doubled
[03:09] <Supportguy> every time you try/do exile the cost increases
[03:09] <Gio2k> that's not nice
[03:10] <Supportguy> :\
[03:10] <Gio2k> if the exile doesn't happen wtf does the cost increase
[03:11] <Supportguy> That's a bug which I hasn't been fixed yet :\ There's nothing we can do about it, as it's fair because it applies to all people who try
---
Takes the cake
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 02:43   #2
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
Re: pwned by PA coders

rofl its not that hard to fix either but yet again i guess its not high in the prio list :/

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 05:22   #3
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

every time i read one of these threads i die a little inside
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 06:27   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
In #support
[03:09] <Gio2k> i tried to exile, but fleets were not home so exile didn't happen
[03:09] <Gio2k> but my exile cost doubled
[03:09] <Supportguy> every time you try/do exile the cost increases
[03:09] <Gio2k> that's not nice
[03:10] <Supportguy> :\
[03:10] <Gio2k> if the exile doesn't happen wtf does the cost increase
[03:11] <Supportguy> That's a bug which I hasn't been fixed yet :\ There's nothing we can do about it, as it's fair because it applies to all people who try
---
Takes the cake
This is hopefully something that the coders can fix for future rounds?
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 10:46   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
This is hopefully something that the coders can fix for future rounds?
Yes, r20 is looking sweeeet!

On a serious note, don't self-exile. I exiled 15 times this round and spent no money. Just be patient.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 21:45   #6
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Yes, r20 is looking sweeeet!
lol.
Unread 4 Sep 2005, 22:44   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Well, I've not heard of it before now, to be fair. It'll be done when Kloopy gets back. I'll put it on as a top priority :-)

------
Edit: The code checks if you've got fleets out before updating the number of times updated. Are you sure someone else didn't move out of your galaxy, increasing the cost? The cost of self exiles isn't just based on the number of times self exiled, but also the number of planets in your galaxy.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 4 Sep 2005 at 22:56.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 15:52   #8
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

The number of planets also makes it more expensive. But it doesn't double the exiling cost from one moment to the next. I'd have to check on it. The exile cost fluctuated from 1.8m to 2.8m based on number of planets in the gal. I will have to check it along with the formula.
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 16:02   #9
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

After doing the calculations, it looks like it was the number of planets that did indeed determine the raise on exile costs. So it's not a bug, as support people told me. It's just this formula for determining the exile cost that can double or triple your exile cost if another planet exiles or is exiled.
So i am stuck in a gal with one of the least number of planets, and my exile cost is too high until one or two more planets join this gal. I just have to wait
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 18:46   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

first time i have heard of it as well, added to todo list for kloopy to do on his return

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote