User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 17 Feb 2005, 14:41   #1
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
[Declined] Cov op then?

Ok seeing as I know and everyone knows the production scan is a bad idea lets run this one across you

How about we get to cov op production lines were we can knock back any productions in production by an hour. And I would say we should have to use 30 ops.
And it would only knock back 1 set like say you have harpysd ready for tick 192 and pheonix for 193 someone cov ops ye and woop your harpys get knocked back to tick 193.

Just an idea thats all.
If its a bad one say so

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 19 Feb 2005, 12:38   #2
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about
Re: Cov op then?

Hmmm, this sounds interesting
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Unread 19 Feb 2005, 20:15   #3
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

That wud be teh evulest Covertop ever..
I dont really like it..

You only need 1 or 2 covertops then to screw up some peeps last line of defence.. (multiple planets can do a couple covertops in 4/5 ticks)
If people deside to save up resources and that way prevent themself from sizing up their attack/defence fleet then they should be able to use those resources without seeing them go to waste.

If the covertop works they waited with spending for nothing
they have 2 cancel the prod and lose 20% of the resources
A dude that they saw coming is able to land anyway (no activity rewarded + 25% roidloss?)

Thats not really funny.. especially coz its already a disadvantage if u have to use up ur resources for a single defence.. if u can even manage to cover it then

I dont wanna see a common strategy go to waste by a couple nub or allyscanner covertoppers..

Last edited by Alessio; 19 Feb 2005 at 20:35.
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 03:22   #4
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Alessio, if that's his plan and such a co op existed, then all he has to do is make security a priority.

Obviously such a co op is designed to impeed such a defence strategy, and there are counter measures to the counter measures.

I don't see a problem with it myself, might be interesting, that said i played a lot of last round with a high security setting so I'm looking at it from one side.

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 11:54   #5
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well i do love this idea
however me nad my alliance memebrs are EVIL and we always covert op the hell out of our targets, so we would prob end up stopping someones ships from EVER been produced, sound nice, but maybe a bit TOO evil??
i dont think it would affect me too bad as i boost up my security, but i feel it may jus get abused and people will get fed up with it....
i mean, i'm easy either way, with or without this op

[INS]Goafer
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 12:12   #6
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

You guys agree coz u dont mind boosting up ur sec centers.. but I (and I think alot of other peeps) rather have amps, distroters, research centers or Finance Centres...
with those buildings im always glad that I have them but.. sec centers are more like a necessary evil.. I dont see the fun of building them, so I dont want to see them become more necesary anyway.. Sec centers should be an choise not an obligation once u get a decent rank and have to def with resources

if ur buildings get blown away then its ur own fault u haven't build sec centers but dont mess with teh def

Last edited by Alessio; 20 Feb 2005 at 12:43.
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 21:48   #7
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

i kinda like it. serve the end of round resource whores right if they got roided for not having an actual fleet till they got attacked, but then, they will all have max security so the covops wouldnt get through :/.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 01:23   #8
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i like it for the basis that its quite an evil thing to do, but building ships has always been the last resort, and it will just mean covops take a bigger part in the game than it shud imo.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 08:54   #9
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

you may have more than 1 production order so it may or may not affect your fleet u orderd for def...so still some chance for survial

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 09:39   #10
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

dude is that your girlfriend on your avatar?!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 12:40   #11
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
you may have more than 1 production order so it may or may not affect your fleet u orderd for def...so still some chance for survial
not if u get a couple covertops on ur head during those 5 ticks
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 17:43   #12
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I still like this idea but I am curious can you cov op someone who you cant attack?
Have'nt tried that yet but i think you shouldnt be able to vcov op ppl to small.

remember security is an option engineering or construction its up to you what you choose to do
Just building 5 secuirty centres can help.

Unread 21 Feb 2005, 18:45   #13
Goafer LX

in all fairness i think that actually, if it only knocks back one set of ships,
say for example, all the "dragons" then it wouldn't be the end of the world, becuase how often is it that one ship type saves your whole fleet?
you'd still have most of the order coming in to save u...
i would use this covert op more as an annoyace than to actually gain a tactiacal advantage i guess...

[INS]Goafer
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 03:08   #14
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

tbh, i dont see the problem with it. If a player chooses the high-risk option of only building ships when under attack, with the knowledge that such a covert op exists, then that is their choice. It is a tactical gamble that may or may not pay off - just like going for a high roid strategy may or may not pay off, or going for unconventional fleets etc etc. Especially considering that there are measures that such a player can take (Engineering, Security centres etc) to avoid falling victim to this, then i really dont think that there is much of a problem.

Those players who use the production defence strategy will just have to ensure that their security level is high .

btw: pushing the production of Dragons back isnt going to be as useful as pushing back defensive ships that can be built in the time it takes for your fleet to arrive - ie classes with ETA 8/7 production times or less.
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 09:36   #15
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Those players who use the production defence strategy will just have to ensure that their security level is high .
just a thought, but by this i assume you mean engineering priorities set to security high. if this is the case production cannot be set to high leaving less of a window in which to produce shippies. my numbers might be wrong but for a low eta attack with security on high and prod on 2nd (ETA 6 for shippies if my memory serves me well ?) leaving only a 1-2 hour window to build ships.

It would make the build when needed stratergy much harder to use, but would remove an element of risk when attacking. (surely what has been produced is one of the few unknowns when attacking). However if the covopping planet was given no information on what was held back the attacker would still have a degree of doubt

when you talk about putting back one section of production do you refer to all the ships on one ETA or one type of ship on that eta. surely ppl could just build one of each ship and a load of what they need if it was one ship, and the other way round could keep their production que full with 1 ship orders to maximise chances tha what they produce will get thru.

tbh i can't decide if it is a good idea or not but i would tend to think i don't like it, however it is an interesting one
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 12:57   #16
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

When do u think should one be able to set back production ? Right at the beginning ? If yes u will take away a big advantage of ziks being able to build shippies fast. Right in the beginning it can really safe ones a.. if u are able to build needed ships at eta4. Later in the game it does not really matter. I dont think there are a lot of ppl saving a huge stock of res to be able to cover their own incs alone...

I dont care

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 15:57   #17
noah02
The Original Terran

Just had another thought aswell.
What would you rather have someone knocking your only medium factory out and losing all or someone knocking back your production by an hour.
Ppl saying it is evil well yes cov ops is evil
But Losing constructions is a whole lot more evil specially when you only build one medium factory or 7 depending what alliance gets all there mates to blow up your factorys.

Just a thought for you

Last edited by noah02; 22 Feb 2005 at 16:04.
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 16:27   #18
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney

when you talk about putting back one section of production do you refer to all the ships on one ETA or one type of ship on that eta. surely ppl could just build one of each ship and a load of what they need if it was one ship, and the other way round could keep their production que full with 1 ship orders to maximise chances tha what they produce will get thru.
Well I was thinking one line of production and ppl can make 5 lines of production at the moment.
So like I said it could knock any of 5 things you are building

Unread 22 Feb 2005, 18:53   #19
Goafer LX

i think that this is a good idea, can work strategically well, or just to piss someone off, lol
it sound VERY evil at first, but on reflection, there is more evil out there, like destroying buildings
tbh, i'm not sure i would use it much though, but i'm not against it been a possibility

[INS]Goafer
Unread 2 Mar 2005, 09:34   #20
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goafer LX#
i think that this is a good idea, can work strategically well, or just to piss someone off, lol
it sound VERY evil at first, but on reflection, there is more evil out there, like destroying buildings
tbh, i'm not sure i would use it much though, but i'm not against it been a possibility

use it you will

Unread 2 Mar 2005, 09:50   #21
Goafer LX

if it was in i would use it, yes, but i don't think it matters whether we do have it or not.... i'll go with the flow on this one, lol

[INS]Goafer
Unread 2 Mar 2005, 16:56   #22
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goafer LX#
if it was in i would use it, yes, but i don't think it matters whether we do have it or not.... i'll go with the flow on this one, lol
:P

Unread 12 Mar 2005, 00:09   #23
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

declined

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread