User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Jul 2004, 01:25   #1
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
New Planetarion Community Initiative.

A new player initiative has been set up in order to take care of what is the most important for planetarion: The community. (Can be found on #PA)

We will basically organize once a while, community events where we will give away some credits for the winner.
we will provide a better ground of communicatin and help new player and people who have ideas to move them along to PATEAM and much more...
We will provide help to new player.
We will try to market the game amongst the sites we know and try to push the game to be in constant growing.
And much more, our main focus will be basically to do everything in order to keep the community happy and to have a nice and happy game.

We do understand that without the community, the game worth nothing, which is why its imperative to put more ressources into the community, we do not blame any other party in this matter but we would like to see thing speed up which is why we are regrouping in order to do such thing.

The Team will be unofficial and wont work under any official group, however we will try to keep normal and friendly link to theses official team in order to not disturb their work, but we will point out and push every subject that the community will think appropriate.

We are the community, we are the players and we do know what is the best for us.
You are welcome to idle on #PA and help us organize ourselves.

If you wish to help us and wish to join the initiative and think you can help the team, please pm me on IRC on #PA or please send me a private message on theses forums regarding recruitment, and wait for information.

Thanks you very much...

Last edited by alch; 25 Jul 2004 at 13:13.
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 01:44   #2
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Planetarion Community Initiative.

count me in.

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 03:01   #3
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point

count me in too mister Alch
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 04:32   #4
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

You get removed from the mentor team, so now you want to unofficially help do PA teams job for them?

Quote:
We will basically organize once a while, community events where we will give away some credits for the winner.
This is something PA team should do.

Quote:
We will push several subject which we think are very important for the community in order to prosper, such as communication between the community and jolt and the community and PATEAM.
Seriously, let them organise the communication. However if you want to give feedback then use official channels to say if you're pissed off with something.

Quote:
We will provide help to new player.
If people need help then let whoever deals with support handle it.

Quote:
We will try to market the game amongst the sites we know and try to push the game to be in constant growing.
Or you could let Jolt make an effort and go advertise.

Quote:
And much more, our main focus will be basically to do everything in order to keep the community happy and to have a nice and happy game.
And much more of the responsibilities of PA team and Jolt?

Seriously. If you're playing the game just pay up and leave it at that. All the responsibilities listed above are the jobs of PA team and Jolt. If you don't feel they're doing it properly then just whine/complain at them to do their job properly.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 04:53   #5
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

theres been too much whining and complaining. what alch is proposing is pretty much what he was doing before he was sacked... he cares enough to carry on with this job, i say fair play to him.
good luck alch, you're what this community needs

alch for prime minister
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 05:22   #6
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Greaper, why are you so pessimistic? its great that someone actually wanna do this, when jolt arent doing too much..
and mr. alch, count me in

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 05:57   #7
Nology

Nology is an unknown quantity at this point

Great idea Alch, ignore the negative peeps its a very good idea.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 07:34   #8
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I hope it works.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 07:52   #9
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Greaper, i am just trying to organize a loop where player organize to other players what they want exactly, with the time it might happen that my idea will become obsolete because PATEAM/jolt will do everything in no time and will have enough personel to do so, then i will be happy, but right now they have not enough time to do everything, and all what you listed as their responsabilities are of course their responsabilities, but no one said we cant do this ourselves, the idea is that the community knows best what is good for the players.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 08:52   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I for one welcome alch's idea. Yes some of the things are probably things that PaTeam and jolt should be doing, but as alch said he will liasie with the relevant teams I do not foresee a problem. For example if he organised some kind of community event which we thought would help the community in a significant way then i'm sure we may be able to donate a few credits.

There may be potential problems down the road, but time will tell if they occur and if we deal with them well.

But again I think alch and his team for this, especially for not giving up on us after what we did to him.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 10:28   #11
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

All sounds good APART from point 2. I have grave concerns of a group instilling themselves as people to get the communities message across. You see it risks being like this Alliance Senate that the alliances tried to start a few rounds back which ignored basically anyone who wasnt top 10 and pushed their own agendas but with alot more autority to do so. A group really cant speak for everyone as you wont get a mix in the team which accounjts for every player and as such I really think such a group simply shouldnt even be trying to push their views across via what id imagine would end up being channels which arent actually open to most people. The group simply cant be help accountable due to its nature and as such any 'communication' with jolt and pateam is much better done publically where EVERYONE is able to put in their pov and ensure its heard, rather than having to submit it and hope the team will put it forward and run the risk of having it ignored because the group members dont agree.

We do not want a group whom are given more authority than anyone else and whom are pretty much unregulated and as such can abuse the position for their own personal gains
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 10:51   #12
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Alch, i get too much negative publicity now, to be involved, but u know u can always count on me if u need a word about something specific.

Good Luck, I hope u succeed
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 12:05   #13
alch
Retired

wakey, you are 100% right, i do not wish to speak for other people, when i was saying that we will push subject its mean, we will try to work out a certain way where people are encouraged to post their ideas or subjects and more...
Lets say if i could redirect all people to the suggestions forums or encourage the new player to sign for a forum account and much more...
i do not wish to do what you said that the alliance senate done, because basically i am in the idea that everyone has his own agenda and his own ideas and interests, we are humans and i understand it, my only job will be to somehow give a backup to people who are sometime in diffuculty to put their ideas across like the newbie which have not the knowledge of where to post and how to proceed and do not have certain reputation and do not know certain amount of people.

What i basically want is to give the microphone to the community, i do not proclame myself speaker of the community, and i will not do so, i will just be an adresse where you could get free consult or get help if needed, if you decide to come and ask for help its up to you.

As i wont be official, the community can decide where to kick me if i dont the job right (by not coming to me and making me and the people helping me to be obsolete)

i want to bring awarness to this community, if each one of the player will care more than they usually care, i am sure we can speed up the whole process 100 times faster, and we can move thing in a better way.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 13:26   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Is this some sort of excuse for Jolt not to have to do anything? No offense, but as long as their players and PA Team handle the game for Jolt, they can just sit back and swipe up the money without doing anything for the game - and this community-based project of yours keeps them in the position to continue doing this.

The reason I quit PA Team back in the day, was because I didn't want to be some puppet that helped Jolt making money; at least Spinner cared about the game - if you are willing to fulfill that role, then you'd need an assertivity training in my opinion. As much as I'd like to see PA succeed, PA failing would at least be an incentive for Jolt to either invest more time into it, or sell it off to someone who can do better.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 13:55   #15
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

im in. good post and initiative alch

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 14:53   #16
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Is this some sort of excuse for Jolt not to have to do anything?

Do they do anything anyway? :P

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 15:00   #17
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Unless im mistaken, in a "community" you cant rely solely on a small group of people to do everything for you.. We have several thousand people here playing, and many more who no longer play, and it is a bit much for us to expect the 10-20 people involved in the running of the game to run everything for us.

A community has to put something in to get something out of it, otherwise its not a community, its a mockery.

Alch: If you want me, you know where you can find me.

Brimstone
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 15:47   #18
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper

Seriously. If you're playing the game just pay up and leave it at that. All the responsibilities listed above are the jobs of PA team and Jolt. If you don't feel they're doing it properly then just whine/complain at them to do their job properly.
this is the worst post of the entire century.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 16:32   #19
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

i miss cochese :\
alch i wish you all the best. just remember that this has been tried before and didn't work too well.
and wakey: i think alch is low enough on the ladder (no offense alch) that he's more approachable to the lesser known players and new players. i think they'd feel more comfortable going to him with suggestions then say cochese back in the day or forest now. i hope it works this time.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 16:35   #20
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all

the community is cheering
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 17:25   #21
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
Unless im mistaken, in a "community" you cant rely solely on a small group of people to do everything for you..
You can expect those in charge to do some things at least - PA Team is already an entirely voluntary group of people from the community, like alch.

And although I'd fully endorse these kind of benefit-to-the-community projects, it only gives Jolt more grounds to not pay any attention to Planetarion or it's future other than hosting the servers - after all, the community will run the important things themselves, will they not?
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 01:04   #22
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
i miss cochese :\
alch i wish you all the best. just remember that this has been tried before and didn't work too well.
and wakey: i think alch is low enough on the ladder (no offense alch) that he's more approachable to the lesser known players and new players. i think they'd feel more comfortable going to him with suggestions then say cochese back in the day or forest now. i hope it works this time.
erm, not to give any criticisme, but I think Alch has done more to the community then pple like Forest. No offense to forest really, but he's as down the ladder as any of us are. I can't find a better person then Alch to be the contactperson in this PA community.

aside from that, how are you Aryn?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 13:41   #23
NRG-izer
aka Night-Sky - xVx HC

NRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to beholdNRG-izer is a splendid one to behold

will see what it does... u can count me in alch

Night-Sky aka NRG-izer

Last edited by NRG-izer; 27 Jul 2004 at 18:34.
NRG-izer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 13:24   #24
alch
Retired

I am glad to announce that the portal and the forum of the PA community (where player help other player) is up and running.
you can find it on http://pa.the-crazy-frogs.org or you can join #PA and talk to us or event update yourself about community events or contests.

We have opened apart some planetarion subforum, other games subforums and many more chitchat forum in order to give you more subject of interests in the community forum.

By expanding the forum to more subjects, we hope to bring more users who are not linked to Planetarion and in this course having them mixed with the planetarion players, might be useful as they might start to play with us aswell.

In the near future, a contest will be up and running allowing the best of the challangers the opportunity to win a free credit for round12.

Anyway - we hope to see you on #PA
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 02:46   #25
alch
Retired

bumped.
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 11:32   #26
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

lol.
well, you got my support boyo
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 11:43   #27
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
I am glad to announce that the portal and the forum of the PA community (where player help other player) is up and running.
you can find it on http://pa.the-crazy-frogs.org or you can join #PA and talk to us or event update yourself about community events or contests.
No offense intended, but what exactly is the use of setting up a different forum?

On IRC, #planetarion is the central hub, #pa will at best be a weak duplicate, as likely everyone in #pa will also be in #planetarion. Same for the forums; everyone with an account on yours is likely to have an account here as well, which makes your forums a weak copy of these forums.

If you are trying to promote the Planetarion community, then you should encourage people to take part in it, in one central location rather than at several different sites. And to be perfectly honest, I doubt any wandering internet newbies will somehow wander onto your site an decide to sign up for the Planetarion Community Initiative, without knowing Planetarion already - at the very least not in significant enough numbers to make any difference to Planetarion.

If you want to run some sort of community thing that actually makes a difference or an impact of sorts, then do it here - not at some remote location that no one will ever find and hardly anyone will ever find worthwhile.
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 11:46   #28
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
No offense intended, but what exactly is the use of setting up a different forum?

On IRC, #planetarion is the central hub, #pa will at best be a weak duplicate, as likely everyone in #pa will also be in #planetarion. Same for the forums; everyone with an account on yours is likely to have an account here as well, which makes your forums a weak copy of these forums.

If you are trying to promote the Planetarion community, then you should encourage people to take part in it, in one central location rather than at several different sites. And to be perfectly honest, I doubt any wandering internet newbies will somehow wander onto your site an decide to sign up for the Planetarion Community Initiative, without knowing Planetarion already - at the very least not in significant enough numbers to make any difference to Planetarion.

If you want to run some sort of community thing that actually makes a difference or an impact of sorts, then do it here - not at some remote location that no one will ever find and hardly anyone will ever find worthwhile.
I couldn't agree more, if anything seperate channels and forums could start to divide the community. By all means have a private irc channel and private forumsfor the people running the thing to discuss things, but I really don;t see the point in having seperate public things.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Jul 2004, 11:56   #29
alch
Retired

well, its not about the planetarion community only, there is a lot of people playing wow and other game aswell that would like to talk about theses games and they cant do this on theses forums, everytime that a newbie is posting in here, your sharks with the propaganda are coming and eating them alives, so basically the idea of setting up a forum was mainly to mix the planetarion community players with other kind of players (wow, SWG and more... from other communities aswell and with the time to bring them to planetarion (the game))

it has no purpose of splitting the community, every new member who come to this community and start playing PA , the first thing i tell him is to go to theses forums and sign for an account.

About #PA, its a channel where people can talk without the moderation of #Planetarion, many people will be able to come on there and mainly the newbie aswell and other people who dont play Planetarion.
We will be able to run our events from there as we cannot run them from #planetarion and so on...

i still think the whole idea will have a positive impact on Planetarion.
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 11:59   #30
alch
Retired

Quote:
I couldn't agree more, if anything seperate channels and forums could start to divide the community. By all means have a private irc channel and private forumsfor the people running the thing to discuss things, but I really don;t see the point in having seperate public things
the forum was setted up in first place in attempt to give me and the other people helping me a place where i could discuss few matters privately, we have also a private channel aswell.
the channel #PA was setted up so we can have a certain amount of control over the event and other message we would like to send to people.

About the forum, its a place where we can provide a mis place for PA community and other kind of players, playing other games, take it as a community and gaming forum if you wish.
Its attention in the end is to help the planetarion bring more player.
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 12:07   #31
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
the forum was setted up in first place in attempt to give me and the other people helping me a place where i could discuss few matters privately, we have also a private channel aswell.
the channel #PA was setted up so we can have a certain amount of control over the event and other message we would like to send to people.

About the forum, its a place where we can provide a mis place for PA community and other kind of players, playing other games, take it as a community and gaming forum if you wish.
Its attention in the end is to help the planetarion bring more player.
#planetarion has been handed over to others for community events before e.g. woofage from HR - do i don;t really see why that can't happen again. If another channel reallt is needed ti means we need yet another offical one for when we start running events ourselves....

also we do have a general disccusions forum on theese forums - i expect the reason we do not have forums to specifically discuss other games is becuase of our competitors, but having mose generally useful forums is something that could be considered.

My main point is this - we are not evil, we have nothing against your idea or your motives, and don;t mind that its offical, we just don;t want anything that could be potentially damaging to happen

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Jul 2004, 12:31   #32
alch
Retired

Quote:
My main point is this - we are not evil, we have nothing against your idea or your motives, and don;t mind that its offical, we just don;t want anything that could be potentially damaging to happen
u mean unofficial. and you shouldnt fear. nothing damaging will happen
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 12:37   #33
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

On the Community events in #PA matter. I would say #PA should only be used as a backup for these. You should always try and secure #planetarion first. Obviously if theres a timing conflict (ie you want #planetarion at the same time that its needed for a CH or such like) or its something that #planetarion doesnt want to support (ie you want to run a speed round of a pa clone just for fun or something else PA is never going to give an official stamp to) then fine use #PA as a backup but ONLY if #planetarion cant be secured.

As long as #planetarion is available it makes sense to use it, its the first port of call for players, it makes it more visable, so more people will take part and the community gets stronger from it
The Farnborough Crew

Last edited by wakey; 30 Jul 2004 at 12:44.
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 12:38   #34
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
u mean unofficial. and you shouldnt fear. nothing damaging will happen
sorry typo there

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Jul 2004, 13:15   #35
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

hmm. I haven't posted here before now? guess I forgot.

well. alch knows I'm all behind this idea.
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 13:21   #36
alch
Retired

wakey, ill be honored to use the official channel for event if the pateam agree, its just i am not going to turn up all this matter to be official, if they do wish to give me the channel when i need it to do unofficial event, then ill be more than happy that the kind of cooperation we need. but basically the other channel is a place where we can discuss about other thing, i found it a lot of time a little bit difficult to talk on #planetarion about other thing as i am getting kicked and i wanted to give to people a place where they could talk about ANYTHING ANYTIME. and tbh i do respect PA and everything and i said that the whole thing will be in constant cooperation with PATEAM and jolt if they wish too, but they have to understand that sometime there will be some conflit .
Regarding the PA clone speedgame, i doubt it will come to this, i do not wish to use any other PA clone as its a statement from me that PA clones are ok while i totally think they are lame, but like my old PA said, never say never
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 13:31   #37
wakey
Hamster

Wasnt really serious about a PA clone game, it was just the only thing i could think of that would have PATeam objectecting to
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 13:51   #38
alch
Retired

there is more thing that PAteam may not object to, but have some problem with , and this channel is like a channel where we can run such thing and btw, if anyone has problem with #PA being an unofficial community channel then call it a channel where friends who play the same game hang together.
Unread 30 Jul 2004, 18:31   #39
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay as far away from Jolt and their PA team subjects as possible. Before you know it they try to get you kicked/fired or whatever because you don't sit up and give paw. Just my advise, but you should realize that by now.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 21:03   #40
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

i support this 100%

its great as its ment to bring the community closer together

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote