User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 13:24   #1
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
which alliance

poses the biggest threat to win the round, and thus should be taken down first ?

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 13:27   #2
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: which alliance

Ministry, clearly.

Hit us.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 13:37   #3
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

as 'defending champions' it could be FAnG who get looked upon as the biggest threat and so they may get hit first

on the other hand u have the new alliances ie 1up causing plenty of waves so it is conceivable they might get hit first being 'the new boys'

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 14:08   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

FAnG are higher than 1up in the beta rankings - and have higher average score.

Plus they've played the new PA, unlike 1up. So have the experience under their belt.

They also won last round.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 14:13   #5
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat

Plus they've played the new PA, unlike 1up. So have the experience under their belt.

heh well beta is like an exhibition match , some will try to play hardcore and show their capabilities while others abit low profile and keep their tech for the official round
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 14:14   #6
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat

1up again have the arrogancy to piss at everyone's leg with the ties to their old fury glory

But apart from that I would count FAnG and 1up as equally targetted at the beginning, if not more focus on FAnG.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 14:32   #7
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

hopefully 1up get cnuted from tick 73.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 14:48   #8
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
hopefully 1up get cnuted from tick 73.
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:08   #9
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

To be honest I advocate you all ally against 1up now and stop pussy footing around the subject, I’m absolutely sick of reading thread after thread from some unheard of LCH command member attempting to subtly hint (And lets face it's not that subtle you really crap posters, anyone who doesn’t see through your little farced is retarded) that 1up are evil and a threat to the fabric of Planetarion, while trying to justify what ever agreements you make in the coming weeks *. So basically stop being a bunch of little girls, AD and public opinion doesn’t matter anymore it’s not Round 6, if your that scared of us and want to make your little pacts you don’t need to spend weeks telling AD how we deserve it being such a threat, just grow a backbone and do it you pathetic saps and we’ll live with the consequences. Frankly just bring it.

The biggest threat for me comes from FanG, a rare complement coming up here very impressed with you guys in the beta, not sure if your playing organised but pld anyway.

* While I doubt you’ve had any meetings or even really thought about it from my point of view things are starting to shift where your all such little girls in such a state of hysteria that we're going to pillage you all that your going to have to ally to protect the little numbers in the asteroid field, to throw some names into the ball park my money will be on FAnG/LCH making some form of agreements shortly (weather they announce it or not is another thing) FAnG are rightly desperate to win the round and I can see why they wouldn’t want to risk playing against an evenly matched alliance I mean Planetarion has always been about fear, fear of the other side actually getting some bragging rightts on an Internet forum. As for LCH well they have some desperate desire to keep their 2nd rate alliance relevant, what better way that becoming the junior partner of the winning alliance.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:11   #10
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

What a stupid ****ing thread. Bunch of ****ing idiots the lot of you.

'Which alliance poses the most threat.' Morons.

Code:
CROWD:
A witch! A witch! A witch! A witch! We've found a witch! A witch! A
witch! A witch! A witch! We've got a witch! A witch! A witch! Burn
her! Burn her! Burn her! We've found a witch! We've found a witch! A
witch! A witch! A witch!
VILLAGER #1:
We have found a witch. May we burn her?
CROWD:
Burn her! Burn! Burn her! Burn her!
BEDEVERE:
How do you know she is a witch?
VILLAGER #2:
She looks like one.
CROWD:
Right! Yeah! Yeah!
BEDEVERE:
Bring her forward.
WITCH:
I'm not a witch. I'm not a witch.
BEDEVERE:
Uh, but you are dressed as one.
WITCH:
They dressed me up like this.
CROWD:
Augh, we didn't! We didn't...
WITCH:
And this isn't my nose. It's a false one.
BEDEVERE:
Well?
VILLAGER #1:
Well, we did do the nose.

BEDEVERE:
The nose?
VILLAGER #1:
And the hat, but she is a witch!
VILLAGER #2:
Yeah!
CROWD:
We burn her! Right! Yeaaah! Yeaah!
BEDEVERE:
Did you dress her up like this?
VILLAGER #1:
No!
VILLAGER #2 and 3:
No. No.
VILLAGER #2:
No.
VILLAGER #1:
No.
VILLAGERS #2 and #3:
No.
VILLAGER #1:
Yes.
VILLAGER #2:
Yes.
VILLAGER #1:
Yes. Yeah, a bit.
VILLAGER #3:
A bit.
VILLAGERS #1 and #2:
A bit.
VILLAGER #3:
A bit.
VILLAGER #1:
She has got a wart.
RANDOM:
[cough]
BEDEVERE:
What makes you think she is a witch?

VILLAGER #3:
Well, she turned me into a newt.
BEDEVERE:
A newt?
VILLAGER #3:
I got better.
VILLAGER #2:
Burn her anyway!
VILLAGER #1:
Burn!
CROWD:
Burn her! Burn! Burn her!...
BEDEVERE:
Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! There are ways of telling whether she is a
witch.
VILLAGER #1:
Are there?

VILLAGER #2:
Ah?
VILLAGER #1:
What are they?
CROWD:
Tell us! Tell us!...
VILLAGER #2:
Do they hurt?
BEDEVERE:
Tell me. What do you do with witches?
VILLAGER #2:
Burn!
VILLAGER #1:
Burn!
CROWD:
Burn! Burn them up! Burn!...
BEDEVERE:
And what do you burn apart from witches?
VILLAGER #1:
More witches!
VILLAGER #3:
Shh!
VILLAGER #2:
Wood!
BEDEVERE:
So, why do witches burn?
[pause]
VILLAGER #3:
B--... 'cause they're made of... wood?
BEDEVERE:
Good! Heh heh.
CROWD:
Oh, yeah. Oh.
BEDEVERE:
So, how do we tell whether she is made of wood?
VILLAGER #1:
Build a bridge out of her.
BEDEVERE:
Ah, but can you not also make bridges out of stone?
VILLAGER #1:
Oh, yeah.
RANDOM:
Oh, yeah. True. Uhh...
BEDEVERE:
Does wood sink in water?
VILLAGER #1:
No. No.
VILLAGER #2:
No, it floats! It floats!
VILLAGER #1:
Throw her into the pond!
CROWD:
The pond! Throw her into the pond!
BEDEVERE:
What also floats in water?
VILLAGER #1:
Bread!
VILLAGER #2:
Apples!
VILLAGER #3:
Uh, very small rocks!
VILLAGER #1:
Cider!
VILLAGER #2:
Uh, gra-- gravy!
VILLAGER #1:
Cherries!
VILLAGER #2:
Mud!
VILLAGER #3:
Uh, churches! Churches!
VILLAGER #2:
Lead! Lead!
ARTHUR:
A duck!
CROWD:
Oooh.

BEDEVERE:
Exactly. So, logically...
VILLAGER #1:
If... she... weighs... the same as a duck,... she's made of wood.
BEDEVERE:
And therefore?
VILLAGER #2:
A witch!
VILLAGER #1:
A witch!
CROWD:
A witch! A witch!...
VILLAGER #4:
Here is a duck. Use this duck.
[quack quack quack]
BEDEVERE:
Very good. We shall use my largest scales.
CROWD:
Ohh! Ohh! Burn the witch! Burn the witch! Burn her! Burn her! Burn
her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! Ahh! Ahh...
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:26   #11
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

That may have been slightly over their heads Jester
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:29   #12
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
To be honest I advocate you all ally against 1up now and stop pussy footing around the subject, I’m absolutely sick of reading thread after thread from some unheard of LCH command member attempting to subtly hint (And lets face it's not that subtle you really crap posters, anyone who doesn’t see through your little farced is retarded) that 1up are evil and a threat to the fabric of Planetarion, while trying to justify what ever agreements you make in the coming weeks *. So basically stop being a bunch of little girls, AD and public opinion doesn’t matter anymore it’s not Round 6, if your that scared of us and want to make your little pacts you don’t need to spend weeks telling AD how we deserve it being such a threat, just grow a backbone and do it you pathetic saps and we’ll live with the consequences. Frankly just bring it.

The biggest threat for me comes from FanG, a rare complement coming up here very impressed with you guys in the beta, not sure if your playing organised but pld anyway.

* While I doubt you’ve had any meetings or even really thought about it from my point of view things are starting to shift where your all such little girls in such a state of hysteria that we're going to pillage you all that your going to have to ally to protect the little numbers in the asteroid field, to throw some names into the ball park my money will be on FAnG/LCH making some form of agreements shortly (weather they announce it or not is another thing) FAnG are rightly desperate to win the round and I can see why they wouldn’t want to risk playing against an evenly matched alliance I mean Planetarion has always been about fear, fear of the other side actually getting some bragging rightts on an Internet forum. As for LCH well they have some desperate desire to keep their 2nd rate alliance relevant, what better way that becoming the junior partner of the winning alliance.
I think that is the crappiest post you have ever made, certainly the worst i have ever read from you. not only is the content crap (ie I am not LCH HC and have told you that at least 10 times) but also it is written badly, in fact it is just a rant.

As for LCH and FAnG, there are no talks going on, nor are there any planned, at least that is what i have been told by HC´s of both alliances.

Hicks I can only presume you are not feeling well, hope you get better soon and your posts become well formulated and witty, as they usualy are. Stop taking yourself and your alliance so seriously.

Hicks, have a break, eat a KitKat and chill ffs.

<edit:spelling>

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:37   #13
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
What a stupid ****ing thread. Bunch of ****ing idiots the lot of you.

'Which alliance poses the most threat.' Morons.
i cut the self important bullshit part out, to save a bit of space.

a simple one sentence post on a thread, shows at least 3 "morons" here.
how self important are you guys that you think everything is aimed at you.

nice to see you bite.

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:40   #14
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_attempt_of_fury_propaganda
*snip* a lot of hicks and dreadnoob whining
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
But apart from that (the fact of 1up people trolling on AD) I would count FAnG and 1up as equally targetted at the beginning, if not more focus on FAnG.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:41   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waassaa
I think that is the crappiest post you have ever made, certainly the worst i have ever read from you. not only is the content crap (ie I am not LCH HC and have told you that at least 10 times) but also it is written badly, in fact it is just a rant.

As for LCH and FAnG, there are no talks going on, nor are there any planned, at least that is what i have been told by HC´s of both alliances.

Hicks I can only presume you are not feeling well, hope you get better soon and your posts become well formulated and witty, as they usualy are. Stop taking yourself and your alliance so seriously.

Hicks, have a break, eat a KitKat and chill ffs.

<edit:spelling>
I think your post is the worstest post I've ever read on the Intraweb you clearly have no idea what your talking about and are really dumb

To be honest I don't care if you are or aren't HC your posting in the same vain as their CEO and one of the their command members has been. You've also indicated how your still on very close terms with them, you've also posted about 4 pointless scare monger threads in the last 24 hours. The problem is anyone with half a brain can see what your trying to do, here's a clue, don't bother your neither clever to pull it off so don't try, making you look stupid on the forums was entertaining yesterday it's getting rather tiresome today.

I explicitly stated that I doubt any meetings had taken place I just threw some names into the mixer for you little pussfied saps to think about when your terrified of what evil 1up are going to do to you next round.

Oh you were just trolling and Jester bit, there was the rest of us thinking you were stupid, you tricked us good and proper.

How amusing Heartless, I like what you did the cutting my post short and replacing it a witty reply, I imagine your quite a popular character both in real life and on the IRC. Weren't you that ToT peon who got sacked from PA Team ? "Cool beans".
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:45   #16
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
I think your post is the worstest post I've ever read on the Intraweb you clearly have no idea what your talking about and are really dumb

To be honest I don't care if you are or aren't HC your posting in the same vain as their CEO and one of the their command members has been. You've also indicated how your still on very close terms with them, you've also posted about 4 pointless scare monger threads in the last 24 hours. The problem is anyone with half a brain can see what your trying to do, here's a clue, don't bother your neither clever to pull it off so don't try, making you look stupid on the forums was entertaining yesterday it's getting rather tiresome today.

I explicitly stated that I doubt any meetings had taken place I just threw some names into the mixer for you little pussfied saps to think about when your terrified of what evil 1up are going to do to you next round.
hhmmm seen this somewhere before...if I have no point to make, but don´t like bad pr for my alliance, then attack whoever posted, brand them a n00b and a moron...hicks your class is showing, or rather lack of it.

You have bitten good and proper, and have been made to look a fool.

live with it.

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:48   #17
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Why do jester run around whining all the time?

Can someone tell me the sad story that is his life?

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:48   #18
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
hhmmm seen this somewhere before...if I have no point to make, but don´t like bad pr for my alliance, then attack whoever posted, brand them a n00b and a moron...hicks your class is showing, or rather lack of it.

live with it.
You were trolling me !?!? Oh I get it ! how clever, I remember last time I looked stupid on teh Intraweb I was trolling them to, lucky we're both so good at trolling really

Oh no bad public relations for my alliance, I think LCH can take on another two allies because of that.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:49   #19
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
i cut the self important bullshit part out, to save a bit of space.

a simple one sentence post on a thread, shows at least 3 "morons" here.
how self important are you guys that you think everything is aimed at you.

nice to see you bite.
What twisted logic says that I think this thread was aimed at me?
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:50   #20
Heartless

Quote:
How amusing Heartless, I like what you did the cutting my post short and replacing it a witty reply, I imagine your quite a popular character both in real life and on the IRC. Weren't you that ToT peon who got sacked from PA Team ? "Cool beans".
After all I manage not to troll around on AD anymore and I have to say your replies are ****ing amusing I am almost pissing my pants because of laughing to see so much stupidity from you, Hicks (and also from Dreadnought). Why are you so pissed off? Can't you live with the things you have done in the past? I suggest committing suicide or something similar then if you cannot live with it
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:52   #21
Banned
Banned

Quote:

live with it.
Wait wait, who's the self important git?
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:56   #22
waassaa
unknown to all

hicks i really am confused, did i say something to hurt your feelings ?

from dread i expect that kind of shite, he has always been like that.

All i did was start a thread to see who people thought would be hit first, and how many 1UP members would start ranting, never did I think it would be you though.

I think we should just stop here, and let others post about who they think is a threat.

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:56   #23
waassaa
unknown to all

banned?...if only

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 15:59   #24
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

what's the point of this thread waassaa? Looks like thinly veiled anti-1up propaganda, wanna tell me that I'm wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:01   #25
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
After all I manage not to troll around on AD anymore and I have to say your replies are ****ing amusing I am almost pissing my pants because of laughing to see so much stupidity from you, Hicks (and also from Dreadnought). Why are you so pissed off? Can't you live with the things you have done in the past? I suggest committing suicide or something similar then if you cannot live with it
So what exactly was your last post all about ? a carefully constructed well though out rebuttle ? Or what exactly are you posting there ? Telling people to commit suicide on the Internet stopped being funny about two years ago perhaps you want to catch the rest of the Internet up. Why am I pissed off ? because replying to people who can’t even see their contradicting themselves in the same post (Would you like me to highlight it for you ?) is rather tiresome.

So tell us a story, why exactly were you kicked off PA Team ?

Quote:
hicks i really am confused, did i say something to hurt your feelings ?

from dread i expect that kind of shite, he has always been like that.

All i did was start a thread to see who people thought would be hit first, and how many 1UP members would start ranting, never did I think it would be you though.

I think we should just stop here, and let others post about who they think is a threat.
*Sigh* explaining this to you is getting tiresome, this thread isn’t some innocent query by you it’s just an extension of a theme you've been posting for the last two days, that 1up is a huge threat to everyone and alliances are justified in allying against them. I think perhaps you should get off my Internet.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:01   #26
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
what's the point of this thread waassaa? Looks like thinly veiled anti-1up propaganda, wanna tell me that I'm wrong?
I think that's his point, that 1up are running around yelling 'we're (potential) victims' as loud as they can.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:02   #27
Heartless

Quote:
I think before 2 of your alliance mates had to forget themselves once again it was an attempt to get an overview of which alliance might be targetted most right from the start. IMHO a very interesting topic and some used it to try to discuss it.

However, as so often when something doesn't fit Hicks, Dreadnaught & co they try to start a flame war. So sad that they always want to deny the public a discussion which might contain opinions which do not please them.

At least that is my impression.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:02   #28
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
yes, i didn´t even mention your alliance...

if the first 5 replys had been ...lets say FAnG
would you guys be on this thread at all, I posted one sentence, 1UP turned it into a trolling thread.

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:03   #29
Banned
Banned

Quote:
yes, i didn´t even mention your alliance...

if the first 5 replys had been ...lets say FAnG
would you guys be on this thread at all, I posted one sentence, 1UP turned it into a trolling thread.
What you don't get is that no matter who had replied, it'd still be a shit thread.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:05   #30
Heartless

Hicks, I won't respond any further as you surely got what I said and now are trying to return the favour but I won't be giving in to this flame - reflame circle, I don't want to drive this discussion more off-topic then it has been driven by you and dreadnought already.

Quote:
So tell us a story, why exactly were you kicked off PA Team ?
You can always send me a private message if you want to know why I was kicked from PA Team, the story can (at least could) be found on the forums and I am sorry when you didn't notice it. I refer to the search function in this case. Not going to bore the pa community in this thread with what I have done
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:08   #31
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
What you don't get is that no matter who had replied, it'd still be a shit thread.
HHmmm, guess i shouldn´t have sent you the written invitation to come and troll the thread then.

If its a shite thread, why are you on it posting?
if you don´t like it, just go away and post your crap on another thread.

As far as i know these are public forums, i can post whatever I want.

live with it

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:09   #32
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Hicks, I won't respond any further as you surely got what I said and now are trying to return the favour but I won't be giving in to this flame - reflame circle, I don't want to drive this discussion more off-topic then it has been driven by you and dreadnought already.

You can always send me a private message if you want to know why I was kicked from PA Team, the story can (at least could) be found on the forums and I am sorry when you didn't notice it. I refer to the search function in this case. Not going to bore the pa community in this thread with what I have done
Dreadnought isn't even posting here. It's a crap thread already, it was always going to be, just like rate your top 10 finishers one, we may as well have a flame war, keeps the forums at least vaguely interesting.

I'll search for corruption and abuse of power now then.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:11   #33
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
HHmmm, guess i shouldn´t have sent you the written invitation to come and troll the thread then.

live with it
Your telling him it's a public forum and you can post what you want but at the same time telling him not to troll or post in threads he thinks are shit ? Pld you.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:12   #34
Banned
Banned

Quote:

live with it
Irony overload.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:14   #35
waassaa
unknown to all

Hicks, banned and assorted 1UP l33t peeps.

please start a thread, in said thread, please give a step by step guide on how to make "good" threads.
It has been made very clear that you guys are the true masters, and only the true masters can write good posts and start good threads.

I realise this will take some doing, because with your heads stuck firmly up your own arses, it is in fact quite hard to write any thing you haven´t written time and time again.

live with it.

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:17   #36
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:

please start a thread, in said thread, please give a step by step guide on how to make "good" threads.
It has been made very clear that you guys are the true masters, and only the true masters can write good posts and start good threads.

I realise this will take some doing, because with your heads stuck firmly up your own arses, it is in fact quite hard to write any thing you haven´t written time and time again.

live with it.
If your going to go home and cry you may as well take your toys with you and delete your thread.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:17   #37
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Your telling him it's a public forum and you can post what you want but at the same time telling him not to troll or post in threads he thinks are shit ? Pld you.
hicks is that really you...

I stated if he doesn´t like it, to go and post elsewhere, that is hardly a command but rather a suggestion.
thus I am "telling" him nothing.

so yes "pld" me.

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:21   #38
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Heartless **** off ta

and quit acussing me of posting on threads i dont (till now, to correct your shit)

waassaa ur a noob nuff said, you cant even read a parser correctly so take ur shit stirring to www.idontfkingcare.com

cheers
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:22   #39
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

ahhh the toughest question before the round begins, who is the potential threat? Everyone, this is the reason most blocks get formed in the first place heh.

A: peeps thinking FK who do we attack first?

B: hmm we could attack "so and so" but we do not want extra incoming. "extra incoming means aggressors whom you have not provoked yet but are attacking you anyway"

C: I know lets talk to "blah blah" and see if they can simply leave us alone while we attack group A and they can attack group B

D: k cool they agree not to interfere with us and we will not with them "false block is formed"

From here you have to many things that can happen to make the false block tighter. If all goes well and those that left each other alone will be the only groups left. Either a stalemate insues, or they attack each other, or"which often does not happen".

hicks hook me up I wanna play!
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:22   #40
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Burn the witch!

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:23   #41
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
If your going to go home and cry you may as well take your toys with you and delete your thread.
wtf is that ment to mean ?
you state this is a shit thread, spend 2 hours taking it off the topic, then when i suggest you show me how its done, I am going home crying ?

you aren´t making sense Hicks,

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:24   #42
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

who poses the most serious threat this round, any number of alliances could be said alliance.

Could be the underdogs VisioN, WP or Valhalla.

Could be FAnG or MISTU, winners of last round

or maybe even Ministreeeh

or maybe somebody i didnt mention will surprise us, who knows, wassaa go find something to do :P

those 1up n00bs dont stand a chance tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:24   #43
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
hicks is that really you...

I stated if he doesn´t like it, to go and post elsewhere, that is hardly a command but rather a suggestion.
thus I am "telling" him nothing.

so yes "pld" me.
By it's very nature even if he doesn't like a thread he can still post in it and tell you why he doesn't like it, you have no right to "suggest" that he goes and posts elsewhere while at the same time claiming it's fine for you to make your bullshit thinly veiled propaganda posts, that's why it's a public forum, get it yet ?!?
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:25   #44
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOfThis
Heartless **** off ta

and quit acussing me of posting on threads i dont (till now, to correct your shit)

waassaa ur a noob nuff said, you cant even read a parser correctly so take ur shit stirring to www.idontfkingcare.com

cheers
Sorry Dreadnought, somehow when I read "Banned" I always think it's your thread
Let's change it to "Jester" then
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:25   #45
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
ahhh the toughest question before the round begins, who is the potential threat? Everyone, this is the reason most blocks get formed in the first place heh.

A: peeps thinking FK who do we attack first?

B: hmm we could attack "so and so" but we do not want extra incoming. "extra incoming means aggressors whom you have not provoked yet but are attacking you anyway"

C: I know lets talk to "blah blah" and see if they can simply leave us alone while we attack group A and they can attack group B

D: k cool they agree not to interfere with us and we will not with them "false block is formed"

From here you have to many things that can happen to make the false block tighter. If all goes well and those that left each other alone will be the only groups left. Either a stalemate insues, or they attack each other, or"which often does not happen".

hicks hook me up I wanna play!
nice

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:26   #46
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [i2k]Xy
Why do jester run around whining all the time?

Can someone tell me the sad story that is his life?
Thing is, I've learned that spending time writing 'good' or 'intelligent' posts is a waste. So I reserve that energy for people I care about and instead my ranting anger out on the massive stupidity that is the collective consciousness of AD. Some people describe this as being (or becoming) bitter. For example, instead of quoting Monty Python, I could have written something like:

Quote:
This is a dangerous thread to post, waassa, by instigating a witch hunt in this fashion you risk escalating the levels of fear among the alliance leaders and causing them to fall back onto tried and true plans instead of innovating and trying new ideas which (in my opinion) should be a goal*. When one tries to single out one alliance as the most dangerous, one makes a dangerous simplification of the playing field and while you may not realize it, threads like this do in fact influence the way people think.

* PA is facing long term metagame stagnation of a sort, wouldn't you say?
I'm not saying that post is genius or anything, but it's not a crap flame, right?

But I don't see why I should waste energy on that when I can just google a relevant quote and be taken just as seriously. The people with enough understanding of the game may say 'he nailed the point' or 'that sums it up', but people who don't aren't even going to make an effort to try to understand the point. AD is an extremely polarized dualistic ground for discussion. Any time one makes a decision the field is divided into two duelling parties (look at Hicks v Heartless in this thread, or waassaa/Heartless vs 1up if you will). And I'd rather make cheap jokes than be flamed for posting honestly.

Hope that answers your question
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:29   #47
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:

live with it.
Quote:
wtf is that ment to mean ?
you state this is a shit thread, spend 2 hours taking it off the topic, then when i suggest you show me how its done, I am going home crying ?

you aren´t making sense Hicks,
I suggest you at least start using the shampoo. Am I making sense yet ?
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:29   #48
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
By it's very nature even if he doesn't like a thread he can still post in it and tell you why he doesn't like it, you have no right to "suggest" that he goes and posts elsewhere while at the same time claiming it's fine for you to make your bullshit thinly veiled propaganda posts, that's why it's a public forum, get it yet ?!?
yawn....ok so he can post here, like he wouldn´t have anyway.

"bullshit thinly veiled propaganda posts"
which alliance blah bah blah was in fact the post, no propaganda, no alliances mentioned no nothing. however your fear or self importance makes you think it is against your alliance....hardly my problem is it.

Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:30   #49
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Allow me to make this explicitely clear: I am not 1up. I think the poor saps who joined 1up are stupid for returning to this game. I do not want to join 1up, I do not hope that 1up win the next round of PA. I hope they, along with anyone else playing, can find fun in the game, and while I have sympathy for their 'stand alone' stance, I keep thinking about Fury's stance in round 8 and how that went... I don't think those people are going to make that same mistake again.

Edit: Once upon a time I did make a thread about how to write good threads. The simple fact of the matter is that good threads generally generate too much 'Good post, I don't have anything to add' replies. Shit threads that generate controversy are simply put healthier for the forum. However, a very simple improvement to your thread would have been this: State your own thoughts before asking the others to reply.

When you ask a question on a discussion forum, people automatically assume you are trying to make a point. Ever heard the old adage for lawyers, 'never ask a question you don't know the answer to'? That goes for discussions/debates as well. Questions are tools to manipulate opponents into looking bad. That's why everyone's calling your thread bad propaganda.
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 16:34   #50
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
yawn....ok so he can post here, like he wouldn´t have anyway.

"bullshit thinly veiled propaganda posts"
which alliance blah bah blah was in fact the post, no propaganda, no alliances mentioned no nothing. however your fear or self importance makes you think it is against your alliance....hardly my problem is it.
Quote:
*Sigh* explaining this to you is getting tiresome, this thread isn’t some innocent query by you it’s just an extension of a theme you've been posting for the last two days, that 1up is a huge threat to everyone and alliances are justified in allying against them. I think perhaps you should get off my Internet.
Every time you reply I'm now going to quote this at you until it sinks in.