User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Nov 2005, 07:20   #1
PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about PAN

I read the news about the new "planetarion: next" thing, and read that there would be an absolutely free 5 week round. Does that mean, that after that, I would have to pay money to play the game after the 5 week period?
PlutonianEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 07:46   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Question about PAN

i doubt it, i think they mean a completely free round of a 5 week duration
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 07:57   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
I am *almost* certain that this is the meaning as well. The free 5 week round is to permit players to have a bash with the "old" gameplay prior to the introduction of PAN, plus it is an excuse for people to get their mates into the PA community again (after the round finishes and they learn about PAN may also be willing to try it etc), and also to keep players amused whilst final coding and testing of PAN takes place.

Should all be fluffy.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 10:17   #4
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Correct
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 15:56   #5
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if the exception system will be up and running for the code for the free round or will it be like this round?
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 16:32   #6
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

well, the recode is because perl is not a easy code to work in so you fill in the blanks
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 17:38   #7
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

but we had a working one in perl before no? what happend to it?

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 17:48   #8
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

The original PA was actually written in C++ using FastCGI. This lasted until r9.5, where it was replaced by the current Perl code for PAX.
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 19:39   #9
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

the old exception system had a fairly critical bug in it when removing planets from an exception pair ( it potentially could corrupt the other exception ids a planet belonged to ), and such isnt useable as a result for this round.
They're recoding it so it doesnt have this problem last i knew
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 22:32   #10
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
The original PA was actually written in C++ using FastCGI. This lasted until r9.5, where it was replaced by the current Perl code for PAX.
i knew this i was refferring to the exception code which was new to last round

Quote:
the old exception system had a fairly critical bug in it when removing planets from an exception pair ( it potentially could corrupt the other exception ids a planet belonged to ), and such isnt useable as a result for this round.
They're recoding it so it doesnt have this problem last i knew
i see that would be a good one

something like this to fix it maybe?
Code:
on makeing an exception

add(int id[])
{
	if(checkOld(id[])//checks to see if id's are already in an expection
	{
		exception pa = new exception;
		pa.add(id[]);//adds a list of ID's to a new exception
	}
	else
	{
		printf("already in an exception");
	}
}

on removing an acception

remove(int expID)
{
	if(exists(expID))
	{
		exception pa = new exception;
		pa.remove(expID);
	}
	else
	{
		printf("there is no exception");
	}

}

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2005, 22:55   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

if only it was just that one problem doorsdown, in fact there were numerous problems to the extent that we thought recoding ti was the best option, unfortanatly as allways seems to be the case we get bogged down with other more ciritcal issues, though hopefully things will get going properly in the near future.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote