User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Jun 2005, 21:03   #1
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts
Ministers. Get rid of them?

Ministers are a load of balls really arnt they? Why not just give all the minister functions (not that there are many) to the GC?

I mean ive played as a gc and its a pain int he arse when you want something done only a Minister ad you have to wait for them to come online.
Ginga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 21:09   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Ministers. Get rid of them?

Bring back PDS?
Bring back the buying of scans?
Get rid of Ministers?

Are you insane??????
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 00:05   #3
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Are you insane??????
Yes.
Ginga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 05:38   #4
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

the only real roles now are

A to all vote people out of the gal

B for the MoC to spam the gal with messages

C for the MoD to regulate the fund

C by far is the only real need as i think it should be like the old days on A and everyone votes

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 06:46   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
C by far is the only real need as i think it should be like the old days on A and everyone votes
And thus, if you find yourself in an inactive gal you will be condemned to as no-one else comes on an votes for you to escape?

With the current system only 1 other person is needed to come online within three days (iirc) to vote you out, provided you are a GC and they are a Minister (if you are the GC you can make them a minister immediately, so that isnt hard).

The alternative is a life of solitude in a galaxy of silence. Inacitivity that even puts 1:1 to shame .

As for ministers, i like all the pretty colours. Everything with regards to your planet is already command style - at least with ministers there has to be some communication . I think encouraging communication is a good thing - in principle.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 08:13   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

In future Rounds we will go back to the old format of paying for your self-exile and being able to exile multiple times so being stuck in an inactive galaxy shouldn't be a problem.
Although I do think that the power to exile should remain with the Ministers.
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 09:57   #7
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga
Ministers are a load of balls really arnt they? Why not just give all the minister functions (not that there are many) to the GC?

I mean ive played as a gc and its a pain int he arse when you want something done only a Minister ad you have to wait for them to come online.

again a stupid idea wonderfully put, at least since this post there has been decent discussion.

the ministers whilst having few important ingame jobs, have important jobs outside the game on irc and such. whilst some ppl may not do those jobs, it shouldnt be taken away from those ppl who put the effort into their job for the round. Rather than abolish a command structure, why not look for ways to improve it (without jumping on the first idea that comes along). For ppl who dont beleive me here are some of the jobs i can think of that ministers i have known have done.

MoC

cluster NAP's/alliances etc...
ingal relations
irc channel stuff
making galaxy aware of important stuff
moderating boards
making sure newer players find and use irc

MoD (i had an amazing MoD last round who did an excellent job on all these counts)

gal fund
developing newer players
educating newer players about the game
suggesting/negotiating with alliances for membership for newer players

MoW

often responsible for giving advice on fleet combos
making threads about incomings/gal attacks
making threads to advise newer players on what to build, attack, defend with

these are by no means what every minister in the universe does, but is whats possible with a little effort, and if i were GC and a minister was not doing these things he should reconsider his position.

so before you dismiss them as a "load of balls", after going to that effort isnt a little change in colour the least they deserve
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 11:22   #8
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
the ministers whilst having few important ingame jobs, have important jobs outside the game on irc and such. whilst some ppl may not do those jobs, it shouldnt be taken away from those ppl who put the effort into their job for the round. Rather than abolish a command structure, why not look for ways to improve it (without jumping on the first idea that comes along). For ppl who dont beleive me here are some of the jobs i can think of that ministers i have known have done.

I strongly disagree. Why should anyone need a color on his planet to help others? In a good galaxy, everyone will be glad to take these tasks, regardless of an "official" job. If you need a color on your planet in order to to something for your galmates, you are probably not the right one to be given responisiblity anyway.
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 11:27   #9
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
MoW
often responsible for giving advice on fleet combos
making threads to advise newer players on what to build, attack, defend with
Well, for the last 10 rounds or so, there has always been a friendly strategy moderator in my galaxy to do those labour intensive tasks. So, what does the MoW do again?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 12:19   #10
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

MoW in my gal did bugger all but i did kinda put in a thing in forums for each incomings wether reported or not(aka soon as reported post in gal forums) and throw in a unit scan also to give a general idea of what might be incoming incase of no alliance defence (gal defence is banned untill eta 6)
But then again I was the MoD so I just cracked on trying to be everything coz cypher just liked being GC for the colour only
But Obi-Wan are MoC did a cracking job of helping delete threads if i missed a tick or 2 and mailing the gal with stupid msges for me.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 23:46   #11
Vas
ROCK biatch

Vas is an unknown quantity at this point

Minister roles in gals still play their part in politic and the command structure, getting rid of them wouldn't improve the game if anything they can be improved abit....

[VanX][ToF][xVx][PK][Subh][InS][Omen][Destiny][ROCK]

Proud to been a Member of Gal 1:6 R18
Vas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 04:01   #12
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

the MoW color in my gal was given to the planet with the most roids. It was just a way to encourage people to attack more... and it worked.
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 09:48   #13
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
the MoW color in my gal was given to the planet with the most roids. It was just a way to encourage people to attack more... and it worked.
If the planet with most roids needed such encouragment, it must have been a real sh*t gal
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 10:18   #14
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
If the planet with most roids needed such encouragment, it must have been a real sh*t gal
the encouragement was for the other planets, to try and overtake the current MoW.
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 15:07   #15
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
lol wrong end of the wrong stick , even i got that one

all the above posts about ministers are correct, however as i beleive i stated it is very much about what the person in the position makes of it, there are always gonna be lazy s**ts out there who sit with a colour and do nothing all round, but to those who put the effort into it it is as much an advertisement of who to talk to with any problems or any help needed
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2005, 20:00   #16
Spurs
[APA]

Spurs is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont see any point in getting rid of ministers, you need them to control the galaxy for a start, and get rid of the inactives. Sure ministers dont do a great deal of stuff. But if anything they should be given more power. A screen similar to the alliance screen would be good inplace of the forums. Here galaxies could plan attacks have forums and control exiles from the galaxy etc.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 12:20   #17
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

In my opinion the GC should be have all abilities + being able to select ministers. All ministers should have the same abilities too (Bigger chance that at least 1 minister is online to sort stuff if needed).