User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Sep 2004, 15:16   #1
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice
Helping your cath/zik

One of the keep problems for them was that they couldn't kill many of there attackers, so they were and still are prime targets. There is a way to even the score to say. When ships are frozen or subbed, say 5 to 10 % die for some reason. This would make attacking them a bit more costly. it wouldn't make there ships kill ships but it would add and element in that would require other players to be willing to take some losses. And it could even be a random event, say any where from 0 to 10 % of the frozen/subbed ships die based on how many.

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 09:15   #2
DeadMan
Slave of Catwoman

DeadMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Helping your cath/zik

Agreed, make Cath and Zik kill more ships.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 09:56   #3
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

i was terr and could attack just about any cath/zik with my DE and cap with no loss, since they could never have enough roaches or cutters, fun for me, frustrating for them. But then again, i was assraped bigtime by humongus xans 1251254 times Unless the lancer is weakened a lot, i deffo wont go terr next round
Back to topic, i agree, zik/cath are great for attacks, but they will allways be a target as long as certain shipclasses can land on them with no loss at all.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 17:33   #4
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...9&postcount=21
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 22:52   #5
deano_bamb
Dean

deano_bamb is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe if the Zik could keep just a few of their Subbed ships (50% maybe?) it would deter a few more peoples from raping them

I had a wicked fun round jus messing around with Ziks when they got to keep their ships, twas all sunshine and lollypops back then

And those lancers have gotta be tuned down kill me pheonix for fun, agreeing with Viking there, Xans owned terrans far too much

Last edited by deano_bamb; 14 Sep 2004 at 23:14.
deano_bamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2004, 04:14   #6
Doorsdown

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

i wasn't saying get rid of the sub ships just rather make subbing kill some ships by some force to be invented by the PA team

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 11:38   #7
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think the races should change to more killing... it just makes no sense... Cath is meant to freeze, the effeciency they had past rounds just lacked terribly. Personally i would like the subvert being replaced by stealing again... but that might be to hard to do with these stats, the subverting is in normal battles about the same as a crap emp ship.. so doesn't help much
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 16:09   #8
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Listening to general feelings to anyone who has dealt with Zik from earlier rounds and current "Sub Stats" Has agreed that a way to make Zik do something with Stealing.

This has to be done carefully, otherwise the universe would go half zik.

Some of the options i've heard are:

Just make the sub ships into Steal ships. The problem with this, is that you then have a race that benefits heavily from attacking, and even defending, while the other races dont. The only way this could work is to dumb down zik ships, which are too weak to start off with.

Leave subbing in, but make it so a percentage of subbed ships are stolen. This idea shows merit, but again needs to be done correctly so to avoid making zik over powerful.

Alter ship stats, so that there is some Sub ships, and some Steal ships. This idea again shows merit, but alas i believe it will lead to another xan/terr battle like R11, where Zik will buy lots of the steal ships, and will attack whichever race its steal ships do best against, and own.

For example, If you simply turned the Corsair, Thief and Rogue into Steals, Then it is VERY likely that Xans will be bashed by ziks with these ships, stealing half their fleet.

A careful Zik could amass a fair amount of xan fi with a decently sized rogue fleet.

One final problem, though i am fully for Ziks being stealing again having played as a zik every round since the 4 races were introduced, is that it is likely to result in ship farming, and possibly multi-ing as well.
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 22:10   #9
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Stealing requires a recode of the battle engine. I've been told that is not going to happen before next round.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2004, 22:49   #10
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
i wasn't saying get rid of the sub ships just rather make subbing kill some ships by some force to be invented by the PA team
Subverting would work by converting the crew to your cause.
If only a few crew members where to turn against that and sabotage the ship critical systems, you'd have a crippled ship, if not a destroyed ship, either way, the ship is now useless.

There you have the force the PA team would have to invent.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2004, 09:53   #11
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm, I quite like the sound of this. A small percentage of subbed ships getting destroyed before the crew managed to regain control or something would help ziks a LOT. Whilst Cats just need an increase in EMP power IMO
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2004, 17:12   #12
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve

Stealing can't possibly work because a zik could hold every ship in the game and be unstoppable and unattackable. It also makes a DCs job a lot harder
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 15:47   #13
Doorsdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by flikman
Stealing can't possibly work because a zik could hold every ship in the game and be unstoppable and unattackable. It also makes a DCs job a lot harder

huh??

last round they helped the DC's out a lot and where easy prey ALOT when on attacks

Bombers/Drakes/pirates made easy work of the zik CR fleet

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 15:51   #14
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

use co then. I like zikos as they way they are tbh, very good race, subversion is quite good too, no changes needed imho.
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 19:01   #15
Doorsdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
use co then. I like zikos as they way they are tbh, very good race, subversion is quite good too, no changes needed imho.

use the CO's?????

vs ter:

u got there FR/BS screwing you over and inorder to try and deal with it u half to send fr/de so your CO's lose a tick there

vs cath:

say hello tula's and then ofc theres beetles

vs xan:

lancers/vsh in prime numbers

vs zik:

while the theif just udderly sucks the maurauder own's CO

the co option isn't a good option as the CR as u can put that in atleast 2 places with out fear of much loss. Where the CO u can expect to be owned.

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 20:19   #16
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
use the CO's?????

vs ter:

u got there FR/BS screwing you over and inorder to try and deal with it u half to send fr/de so your CO's lose a tick there
zik co is a great flak roidfleet, you should be able to roid through em np.
Quote:
vs cath:

say hello tula's and then ofc theres beetles
cutlasses+co early round > cath.
Quote:
vs xan:

lancers/vsh in prime numbers
cutlasses+co early round > xand and hit xands with low vsh later round with cutters+privas.(sub the lancers etc)

Quote:
vs zik:

while the theif just udderly sucks the maurauder own's CO
true, but once again attack ziks with co early r and they shudnt have much thieves to get through.

Quote:
the co option isn't a good option as the CR as u can put that in atleast 2 places with out fear of much loss. Where the CO u can expect to be owned.
Zik CO is an excellent roiding fleet, you have a _massive_ advantage at the start, use it to your benefit fs.
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 22:29   #17
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure cath kills roiding ships...

Or make their CR get -1 ETA.
or something else that gives them an advantage...

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2004, 22:30   #18
jerome

other than being able to roid ziks and xands for free you mean?
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 02:58   #19
Doorsdown

Quote:
cutlasses+co early round > cath
actually cutlass don't sub untill after the emp damage is done

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 21 Sep 2004, 03:00   #20
Doorsdown

and jerome the best roiding happens after the CR r out too so it though that advange away

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired