User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Jun 2004, 01:55   #201
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: R11... and the winner is

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Why should anyone accept it?

It only works because the majority considered it acceptable.
No, it works because by the time it becomes irrelevant the majority aren't in a position to affect it. And, from experience, I can tell you that although the majority of members in such a block will complain about lack of targets and how there should be a split when push comes to shove they want the split to affect everyone else's galaxies - but not their own. Members always want to be able to roid non-members in other galaxies with alliance members in - but rarely are so happy about other members of their alliance roiding their own galaxy mates.

We could argue at length over why this is (the words "selfish" and "hypocrite" would figure in any such explanation) but the fcat remains that having a large number of shared galaxies with an ally greatly increases the pressure upon HC not to cancel that agreement. Even if all that does is postpone a split, it still has a very detrimental effect on those not in the winninf block - as in the meantime they're getting bashed furtehr and further out of meaningful participation in the remainder of the round.

And that's ONE of the reasons why I'm opposed to formation of blocks before ticks start,
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 02:14   #202
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From experience you get galaxies of two categories:

a) those who decide to amicably split down the middle
b) those who defect totally to one side

As far as i'm concerned it's been done, and therefore no-one has an excuse - i don't care how crap it might have been done, the plain fact is that it has shown to be possible, even if the greatest pain is passed to HC - but it's their job.

You want to squabble over particular facts at the time - take it to pm
You want to address that large numbers of blocked alliance members of 10 alliances in a 6/4 split in shared galaxies have split in the past - post away.

As much as you think i harp on, I'm not prepared to justify anyone's laziness, simply because it's more convenient for HC to sit around than get off their arse and stuck in to some combat. I couldn't care what's easy for anyone - stagnation is more a result of HC's laziness rather than any concern for members - they just like to put it in terms they can justify it.
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 06:36   #203
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Why should anyone accept it?

It only works because the majority considered it acceptable.
Oh, Planetarion's a democracy now? I must have missed that while I was gone.

Decisions are made by those in power, not by the masses. Yeah HC are lazy, because as you well know, its hard work running an alliance. By the time they're in a position to decide whether or not the block will split and the round will stagnate, I doubt that they could give a pile of dog poo about what you personally are "prepared to accept".

Thats why its easier to attack the problem before its a problem.
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 11:24   #204
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's a poorly worded (and probably a bit crap) post: so allow me to clarify, without trying to descend into personal attacks, and trying to make a bit of consistency come through:

because the majority of alliances at the top (who are nigh on always the majority of people effectively in the game) would rather sit on their arse and settle for a shared win, rather than get off it and play for one, that particular excuse became acceptable.

HC work hard, but there are those who I believe have sat idly by when they could have done something positive to gone out and won things - my point of view is that they must be scared or lazy in that aspect. Alliances for a while have been so negative and erring on the side of caution rather than making positive moves to go out and take rounds where they are the dominant force. The problem is nothing about blocks - it's about the very way people run alliances. If HC's really wanted to win rounds, they'd have gone out, split their galaxies and have alliances hitting 7bells out of each other instead of members have logging into their planets for the last month, building ships and maybe doing the odd retal which is utter tripe as far as i'm concerned.
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 21:56   #205
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrok
the round will not be won by 1up, untill either the round has ended, or every other player in the game deletes their accounts! This round will be won by the alliance who proves themselves to be the best, not the one with the best players, as these two may not necessarily allways be the same, a large group of inexperianced players with the right guidance could just as easily win the day as a group of experianced players!

ROFLMAO!

Its a joke right? If not, sorry for larfing. Get a grip etc.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 22:54   #206
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

lol, i think he's serious Jonas
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 00:38   #207
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
And that's ONE of the reasons why I'm opposed to formation of blocks before ticks start,
Watch yourself Sid
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 06:20   #208
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Lupine Crux are the favorites to win obviously, go Sevrok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 06:39   #209
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

My money is on FAnG to win the round. They have proven themselves to be a very efficient fighting machine. Their HC are rock solid, but what is the key to their success, at least from what I have seen on the outside, is that they have a very good core of officers, and an especially good structure. They are deadly efficient on attacks.

1up has the players, but what they dont have is the battle hardened methods and officers that FAnG has. That is why FAnG will have the upperhand over 1up.

Alliances I would not count out by a long shot are definitely Vision, and MISTU. Very good alliances but probably a bit too small will be ND, and LCH.

WP is a wildcard, they are always hanging around there, although I know that they have recently suffered a bit of a member loss, and are currently in somewhat of a transitional period.

IMHO, the alliances that deserve the most respect however are the likes of Valhalla, ToF, Coven, Deadly, Lupine Crux. These alliances are not all halkf baked alliances, they are real alliances, giving new players a real chance to get into the game, and I look forward to seeing some good fights from these alliances, and would not be surprised if at least one, I am suspecting Valhalla or ToF, to move up to a level almost on par with some of the other established alliances. /me bows to the command of all of those and other similar alliances.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 15:22   #210
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

I feel this thread sort of well off the issue a while ago

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 20:25   #211
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix
1up has the players, but what they dont have is the battle hardened methods and officers that FAnG has. That is why FAnG will have the upperhand over 1up.
r we talking about the same 1up and FAnG?

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 21:58   #212
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So you have changed your mind recently?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 22:17   #213
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
So you have changed your mind recently?
Dunno if you're ignorant, illiterate or just a troll - I suspect a combination of all three. I haven't changed my mind at all. It's possible to be opposed to more than one thing - and for the reasons for those oppositions to be different. I suggest you read the post I was responding to, and my full reply, then get someone to explain it to you - and see if you can figure out why the specific point I raised only applied to the formation of blocks before the round started, rather than to the formation of blocks in general. Which, in case you're still having comprehension difficulties, in no way implies I'm in favour of blocks forming during the round. I worded my reply to avoid the logic flaw of stating the issue I raised as a general reason for opposition to blocks (when it's only a valid reason, on its own, to opoose blocks forming at the start of the round). In my attempts to avoid one group of idiots picking at the detail of what I posted, I left the door open for a different group of idiots to misunderstand it.
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 23:41   #214
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

[1up] will win the round, simply because of there level of disapline and loyalty towards there HC's

lets not forget its got some of planetarions more experianced and talented players. still, its a funny old game and could go to anyone, if it was every allaince for themselfs it would defintly be 1up imo.
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 01:02   #215
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Heh, I`m pretty sure Fang will be the single biggest force next round. Fang has alot of quality in its rank!
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 19:19   #216
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Dunno if you're ignorant, illiterate or just a troll - I suspect a combination of all three. I haven't changed my mind at all. It's possible to be opposed to more than one thing - and for the reasons for those oppositions to be different. I suggest you read the post I was responding to, and my full reply, then get someone to explain it to you - and see if you can figure out why the specific point I raised only applied to the formation of blocks before the round started, rather than to the formation of blocks in general. Which, in case you're still having comprehension difficulties, in no way implies I'm in favour of blocks forming during the round. I worded my reply to avoid the logic flaw of stating the issue I raised as a general reason for opposition to blocks (when it's only a valid reason, on its own, to opoose blocks forming at the start of the round). In my attempts to avoid one group of idiots picking at the detail of what I posted, I left the door open for a different group of idiots to misunderstand it.
Dont get so high on your horse Sid. You just made yourself look like a dork. Thanks for missing my question completly.
Now, let me spell it out for you. You are known to be behind several pre-round blocks, ranging all the way back to the r3 triad. So what happened that your now think pre-round planned blocks (or blocks in general) are bad? Im sure you have understood the point of mixed galaxies way before now.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release

Last edited by G.K Zhukov; 16 Jun 2004 at 19:25.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 21:21   #217
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05
[1up] will win the round, simply because of there level of disapline and loyalty towards there HC's
who are in their hc again?
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 04:29   #218
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Dont get so high on your horse Sid. You just made yourself look like a dork. Thanks for missing my question completly.
Now, let me spell it out for you. You are known to be behind several pre-round blocks, ranging all the way back to the r3 triad. So what happened that your now think pre-round planned blocks (or blocks in general) are bad? Im sure you have understood the point of mixed galaxies way before now.
Zhukov, youre a clueless, illiterate fool who has, quite obviously, an excessively high opinion of himself and his ideas. Nobody really cares what you think. Your concerns and questions are completely irrelevent as far as I'm concerned. You should feel honoured that he took the time to respond to your drivel, I think that was part of our noob outreach program. Certainly it had nothing to do with teh validity or importance of your criticisms. Some will no doubt think I am being too harsh on you, but people with puffed up opinions of themselves who demand that others see themselves they way they do just get on my nerves. Sorry.

Now, because I'm feeling generous and havent done my share towards the outreach thing, ill address your post.

Of COURSE Sid has been behind several pre-round blocks. EVERY person who has held a position of importance in a major alliance has been. I wont go into details on why this probably didnt occur to you.
He has never said that blocks are bad as in evil. They are bad in the sense that nearly everybody agrees they make for boring rounds, but nobody has the guts to stop the cycle. The entire point of 1up, and Sid's proposal, are to try and do something about this. Sid has won before using blocks. Many times. So have most of those working with him this round. We are bored, we are worried about whether PA will survive another round, and we want to try something new. If you do not believe/trust him, thats fine. Do your own thing. Just quit with the idea that youve come up with some oh so cool/smart/clever/whatever idea or point that will some how save the day. Its annoying.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 06:46   #219
bintara

bintara will become famous soon enoughbintara will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
the winner wil b the alliance wih the most rois and score.

As I have ecided nt t pla whoever wins will deserve it.

Which aliace will that be - could be one of 6 to my min, but a lot depends on how the round develops, but hose that will b in with a chance have to be 1up, FAnG, MISTU, LCH, Vision and ND have peforme well also.

If you are right and the round is based on old grudges (which I hope it isnt) lets hope that all those alliances perform well enugh t be around about the iwnning post. It coud be a very exciting roun if that was te case

true true :P
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN
bintara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 10:58   #220
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Heh, I`m pretty sure Fang will be the single biggest force next round. Fang has alot of quality in its rank!
Ok so who has bin paying you? Irvine?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 11:14   #221
Splashsun

Splashsun is an unknown quantity at this point

1. MISTU

rest don't care
Splashsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 12:16   #222
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Zhukov, youre a clueless, illiterate fool who has, quite obviously, an excessively high opinion of himself and his ideas. Nobody really cares what you think. Your concerns and questions are completely irrelevent as far as I'm concerned. You should feel honoured that he took the time to respond to your drivel, I think that was part of our noob outreach program. Certainly it had nothing to do with teh validity or importance of your criticisms. Some will no doubt think I am being too harsh on you, but people with puffed up opinions of themselves who demand that others see themselves they way they do just get on my nerves. Sorry.

Now, because I'm feeling generous and havent done my share towards the outreach thing, ill address your post.

Of COURSE Sid has been behind several pre-round blocks. EVERY person who has held a position of importance in a major alliance has been. I wont go into details on why this probably didnt occur to you.
He has never said that blocks are bad as in evil. They are bad in the sense that nearly everybody agrees they make for boring rounds, but nobody has the guts to stop the cycle. The entire point of 1up, and Sid's proposal, are to try and do something about this. Sid has won before using blocks. Many times. So have most of those working with him this round. We are bored, we are worried about whether PA will survive another round, and we want to try something new. If you do not believe/trust him, thats fine. Do your own thing. Just quit with the idea that youve come up with some oh so cool/smart/clever/whatever idea or point that will some how save the day. Its annoying.
Funny isn't he, Tis?

And the biggest mistery to me is why he never held an important position in a major alliance ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 12:41   #223
lokken
BlueTuba

Re: nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Funny isn't he, Tis?

And the biggest mistery to me is why he never held an important position in a major alliance ...
He is a bit of a troll but still there is the occaisonal needle in the Zhukov trolling haystack

Quote:
So what happened that your now think pre-round planned blocks (or blocks in general) are bad?
I don't really care to know but I don't see why he shouldn't ask.
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 14:28   #224
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Ok so who has bin paying you? Irvine?
I base my opinion on the fact that I`m a 1up member and x-fang player. 1up will be strong, but imo Fang will be a bit stronger.
Unread 18 Jun 2004, 08:33   #225
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
I base my opinion on the fact that I`m a 1up member and x-fang player. 1up will be strong, but imo Fang will be a bit stronger.
Everyone has thier weakness dudes. The winner will be who can exploit the others weakness quick, hard, and direct. FAnG has some good HC, Officers (maybe) and Players. 1up has some good HC, Officers , and players. ND has some good HC, officers (BC?), and players. Now, who will puncture who's weakness first, and successfully?? That's who will win. Noone knows for sure.