User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 20:56   #1
ThePeoplesVoice

ThePeoplesVoice is an unknown quantity at this point
1up The Kingmakers

It seems to me that the new winners of R12 waz decided back in R11 and that so far, 1up have managed to fool many of the top alliances into helping the "common" cause and to take down alliances that stand in "their" way.

Becuz NewDawn helped 1up in r11 when they avoided 1up planets (sucky, sucky $10 politics by them), it doesnt seem far fetched to assume 1up have taken it upon themselves, to give victory to ND (thats what ND hopez anyway!).

Somehow, they managed to persuade other alliances into attacking LCH (when it clear those alliances will have NO protection from 1up/ND once LCh are taken out) because 1up couldnt handle things alone (when in fact it was controlling with a few allies like ND, sin, wp, tof, anywayz)

What is the difference between a LCH or 1up ally winning?

Suppoze that dependz on ur pov but haven't we seen enough of 1up players manipulating the WHOLE game?

ND have sneaked under the 1up wagon and while they want #1, will never obtain this cuz they arent gud enuff to take down 1up alone (they cud block against 1up tho - oh wait, "lol" they liefde 1up 4ever) but pld ND for being deluded and pretendin to be ally who alwayz goes 4 d win even tho you signed your own stagnation wen u allied 1up!

So to summarise, it seems the winner of this round will once again be 1up, they have fooled their allies by kingmaking for themself BUT even if it isnt, whoever wins will bash down the rankings (as alwayz).

The big question is: Who do YOU want to be bashed by?
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 21:01   #2
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: 1up The Kingmakers

ND. I'd like to be bashed by them. It would be nice. And fluffy.

Damn, I'm getting hard just thinking about it.
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 21:04   #3
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The chances of 1up winning are tiny, there's no way with only 2/3 the members of everyone else can hold out against a sustained assault, if they were ever to get to the top they'd die, a good finish for them would be as top average score and average asteroids and helping which ever alliance they choose to throw their weight behind to number one. The round in my opinion is between ND and LCH, it's going to take a huge effort to get LCH off the top something most alliances are unlikely to commit to, hence my money is on LCH winning despite 1up trying their best to get another alliance on the top spot, 1up is doing just what they said they were going to do.

Also signing up a new account just to post this is pathetic.
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 21:05   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Gimmick accounts suck.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 21:25   #5
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Making ND king went wrong the moment 1up passed ND at the ladder.... Think that wasn't planned with 67 Members.

1up sold there new style of play, like "dreft" is selling there new soap. New package, same shit. It's just good old.. I make my ally #1... And help them.. And helping them with 67 members (and get less targetted cause you where no threat at start for the #1) is easier then with 100. Kingmakers my ass.. Getting your ally #1, that's just what other alliance did a lot rounds before this one.. Having 2 alliance with 100 ppl, would make a lot of other alliance's pissed. So we settle with a kingmakers role and pretend to play the game different.. Nice try.. This round.. No bonus, the princess is in another castle..

L33t propaganda.. No doubt about that.

Damn... Posting again
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 22:04   #6
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

my uni screen may be lying to me, but arent LCH still 40mil above ND, and 34mil above 1up?

Thats what i thought.

edit: im aware that uni screen ranking isnt the be all and end all before someone makes a daft post
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 22:16   #7
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Played you, making a gimmick account to post a clueless post of promoting LCH, case is that your either LCH or an anti-1up guy, if non-LCH then, your probably some newb who gave up too easy and doesn`t realise LCH are still 30mil+ ahead, If your LCH, then your a moron who doesn`t understand that LCH have got and been having the better hand for a while now. You were wrong on so many occasions in your pathetic flamebait, shame the fact that your lack of balls displayed via using a gimmick account doesn`t deserve a reply with proper argumentation with us dismantling your poorly gathered "facts".

Get balls or get lost.
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:19   #8
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

THePeoplesVoice - HAH - could have thought of a better name, or then again, used your real account?
Ultores
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:58   #9
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant understand what is wrong with 1up and/or ND to attack LCH. Should they just let LCH win? Do you think ND should make peace with LCH just to stop 1up from having the chance to win?

I'm no mamber of neither ND nor 1up, but if they both attack LCH, I think that's the best for this game.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:02   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No one wants to be bashed by anyone, I'd have thought this was obvious.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:30   #11
Leinad
DrFlame

Leinad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurragutten
I cant understand what is wrong with 1up and/or ND to attack LCH. Should they just let LCH win? Do you think ND should make peace with LCH just to stop 1up from having the chance to win?

I'm no mamber of neither ND nor 1up, but if they both attack LCH, I think that's the best for this game.
well ofc u can argue this way, fact is 2 alliances concentrate on 1 also for me 1up is atm #1 alliance.
If this will go on every alliance should do it like 1up in future and have only 50 members so it doesnt get targeted cause its #1.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:38   #12
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone is making anyone else king. I think Planetarion tactics, activity, and yes - even politics, are all created and managed by the command of each top 10 alliance, and the ones that do that best will take their alliance to #1.

If LCH wins, LCH deserved it. If 1up wins, 1up deserved it. If ND wins, ND deserved it. etc. etc.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:47   #13
Leinad
DrFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
If LCH wins, LCH deserved it. If 1up wins, 1up deserved it. If ND wins, ND deserved it. etc. etc.
to say whoever wins deserves it is pretty naive.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:51   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinad
Actually it's subjectively tautological in the sense that from barrow's perspective the essential qualification for deserving to win the round is in fact the act of winning the round itself. I'm sure even then he has other qualifications though, such as <insertalliance> not killing everyone else who has a planet in the game and winning the round that way. Or you could still say that while they deserve to win their actions are still not commendable.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:26   #15
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I refuse to take any notice of threads/posts from people who are incapable of typing properly. I really don't want to be reading lazy typing (e.g. pretendin to be ally who alwayz goes 4 d win even tho you signed your own stagnation wen u allied 1up!). Please go and learn how to type.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:28   #16
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

LCH are still FAR ahead when it comes to fleet score, i dont think even with the help of ND they would stand a chance against LCH, looks for me the round is allready played

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:37   #17
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

If any alliance is fooled it is their own fault and deserve anything coming to them. I see nothing wrong with a coalition of the willing who takes out the #1 alliance or any they see as a threat. This is a war game and the people who complain the most are the ones who are either concerned about their current ranking and wanna try to, through the use of propaganda attempt to disrupt things or they are sick of the incoming from which ever alliance they are moaning about and come here to b!tch. 1up is doing very well because of activity and members are gung ho, if some alliances fixed their internal problems and upped their activity they could do a whole lot better.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:40   #18
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
coalition of the willing
That made me want to throw up.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:41   #19
Axis_WLF

Bloody in the land of the retard empire you are a god.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:46   #20
Axis_WLF

lol bashar
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:51   #21
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinad
Of course it isnt. If you end up #1 you either out played the other alliances in the confines of the web-based game, or in the lovely world of alliance politics played out on IRC.

There are decisions to be made throughout the course of the game which will define the type of win, or type of loss, but if you end up #1, you outplayed the rest.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 05:55   #22
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH are still FAR ahead when it comes to fleet score, i dont think even with the help of ND they would stand a chance against LCH, looks for me the round is allready played
Especially if 4 other alliances hit ND

Not that I'm bitching, right now I'm just tired
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 07:12   #23
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Especially if 4 other alliances hit ND

Not that I'm bitching, right now I'm just tired
alliances are hitting ND?

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 07:44   #24
Frisky

Frisky is an unknown quantity at this point

i know Stifler, how dare they, when they promised you they were all hitting 1up
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 08:13   #25
Gate
;D!

kk, I finally got some caffeine now, and I'm less tired. Yea, 4 alliances (Excluding LCH incs) hit ND last night. Ofc, I'm fully willing to accept it being coincidental incs, kinda. I noticed 5 planets from one alliance, 2 from another, 2 from another, and 3 from another, attacking ND. After that I just got bored of looking through intel and decided to try and send some ships somewhere.

On the plus side, if they were a block (Not saying they're blocking, or even all co-operating >_>), the name could be WHIM, which is kinda cool. Better than the 'FPM', 'FDNVV' etc crap we'd been having, and nearly as cool as 'EVIL' would have been if Insomnia had have been around to join Ely's block in PaX.5
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 08:58   #26
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

BUT

Gate isnt moaning about the incs, its expected. We want to fight at the top, we have to take the rough with the smooth, and unlike other alliances around us, it isn't going to send us inactive or send us down the ranks.

Nice to see HR finally had the balls to actually attack someone decent for once, too.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 09:04   #27
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
kk, I finally got some caffeine now, and I'm less tired. Yea, 4 alliances (Excluding LCH incs) hit ND last night. Ofc, I'm fully willing to accept it being coincidental incs, kinda. I noticed 5 planets from one alliance, 2 from another, 2 from another, and 3 from another, attacking ND. After that I just got bored of looking through intel and decided to try and send some ships somewhere.

On the plus side, if they were a block (Not saying they're blocking, or even all co-operating >_>), the name could be WHIM, which is kinda cool. Better than the 'FPM', 'FDNVV' etc crap we'd been having, and nearly as cool as 'EVIL' would have been if Insomnia had have been around to join Ely's block in PaX.5
ROFL. You should ask prestel or Desse, I'm sure they'll endorse this block just to make it "WHIMP". And then kick out HR, cos clearly "WIMP" is even better

(Actually, I was thinking Insomnia was having a bit of a fightout with SiN/ToF/WP over some HC gals at the moment, so it doesn't make any sense, but then again not a whole lot posted on AD ever does.)
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 11:54   #28
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

this thread made me lol irl tbh.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 12:36   #29
Bartje

Bartje is an unknown quantity at this point

do we really need so many threads about the same thing?

[kc]Bart aka 'IcDeAdPeOpLe'

[22:29] * Rebenne gets naked
[22:29] * Berk throws up
[22:29] * [kc]Bart hides
[22:29] * Hook ducks
[22:29] * Rebenne asks : WHO WANNA PARTY!
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 13:01   #30
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Of course it isnt. If you end up #1 you either out played the other alliances in the confines of the web-based game, or in the lovely world of alliance politics played out on IRC.
Elysium in Rd10 did neither, yet they still "won"
Ultores
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 13:36   #31
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

For a second i considered reading your long post, then i saw your name and join date which made any discussion with you totally furtile and senseless.

Next.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 14:00   #32
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
For a second i considered reading your long post, then i saw your name and join date which made any discussion with you totally furtile and senseless.
So he's like most posters on AD then.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 15:26   #33
Leinad
DrFlame

Quote:

There are decisions to be made throughout the course of the game which will define the type of win, or type of loss, but if you end up #1, you outplayed the rest.
what has "outplaying" to do with deserving it?
Or do u want to say any type of victory is deserved?
I just need to remember PA r6 when Wolfpack fencesitted its way to top while the big alliances killed each other.
Smart, lucky or whatever? Maybe but for sure not deserved...
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 15:44   #34
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up

Unread 24 Nov 2004, 15:48   #35
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

This is like a game of risk we need blocks again ^^

Retired
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 17:11   #36
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

depends on your definition of "deserved" it, huh Danielle ?
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 17:24   #37
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
A week ago they had shedloads more roids than 1up though, and their lead on 1up used to be much more than 35M.... We're only on 60% of the round I guess (maybe even 50%), so LOTS can happen....
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 19:27   #38
Gate
;D!

I think the round depends on what those outside of ND/1up/LCH do. ND/1up v. LCH would be a close and interesting fight IMO, but if the other alliances side overwhelmingly against a single one of these, then the other side should clearly have it...
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 19:41   #39
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think the round depends on what those outside of ND/1up/LCH do. ND/1up v. LCH would be a close and interesting fight IMO, but if the other alliances side overwhelmingly against a single one of these, then the other side should clearly have it...
ND and 1up is 420mill score vs 250mill score...
about 160 peeps vs 100...

Not all that fair :/
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 20:37   #40
Leinad
DrFlame

thinking about the thread title, cant we make a deal so that someone becomes the King while Sid stays being the Queen?
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 20:59   #41
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyConrad
ND and 1up is 420mill score vs 250mill score...
about 160 peeps vs 100...

Not all that fair :/
Co-ordination issues, and the fact that one out of 1up/ND need to get above LCH. 35 mil score of overtaking is a LOT to do. LCH just need to stop this from happening, which isn't massively difficult, they're a very capable alliance, and if they hit either ND or 1up a night, it'll be 250 mil v. 200 mil in theory, meaning they're likely to cause a decent amount of damage whilst defending the majority of incs they get

I genuinely think LCH v. ND/1up would be a close run thing, though I'd still expect LCH to win.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 21:23   #42
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

LCH vs 1up/nd would only work if the rest of the universe takes off for vacation and sips some zombies while the guys battle it out
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 21:40   #43
Axis_WLF

<ediiting my post out of respect for my alliance>

Last edited by Axis_WLF; 24 Nov 2004 at 22:12.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 21:56   #44
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
<edited out due to respect to his alliance
Talking of alliances and member limits...

In theory though, they'd [LCH] kick their 33 worst members. And they should also keep their officers, which would have less strain on the officers as they have less people to organise, allowing more intensive organisation...

Ofcourse, I sincerely doubt they'd be anywhere near 1up quality, but I'd expect an improvement in their average score and a respectable position. And also bear in mind, 1up are the only alliance with self imposed member limits afaik. There are several other allies close to LCH in #, that simply don't have the quality, activity, commitment, or have suffered through various ways. All factors considered, LCH deserve to be top IMO.

1up have played well, it's clear that with 100 members they'd clearly outclass any other alliance currently in-game. But with 100 members, they would have been hit FAR harder as people would consider them more of a threat (They're still capable of smashing other alliances for a few nights, but they're hardly threatening to stagnate the round by pure ownage as at the end of last rd). I'd expect ND to have joined in with the kicking too, but I can't speak for ND EA.

As for ND/1up v. LCH, if the other allies simply hit each other and went for galraids instead of specifically targetting any of those 3, it would work IMO (eg they could hit ND/1up/LCH planets that're in targetted gals, but wouldn't make any specific effort towards such a thing)

Last edited by Gate; 25 Nov 2004 at 17:21.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 22:21   #45
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
Making ND king went wrong the moment 1up passed ND at the ladder.... Think that wasn't planned with 67 Members.

1up sold there new style of play, like "dreft" is selling there new soap. New package, same shit. It's just good old.. I make my ally #1... And help them.. And helping them with 67 members (and get less targetted cause you where no threat at start for the #1) is easier then with 100. Kingmakers my ass.. Getting your ally #1, that's just what other alliance did a lot rounds before this one.. Having 2 alliance with 100 ppl, would make a lot of other alliance's pissed. So we settle with a kingmakers role and pretend to play the game different.. Nice try.. This round.. No bonus, the princess is in another castle..

L33t propaganda.. No doubt about that.

Damn... Posting again
Gate... Something like this... ^^
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 02:59   #46
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Even if 1up win, ND will be pleased we didn't help the round stagnate, like a lot of other alliances are doing by concentrating on ND/1up.

Not that ND/1up are allied/napped, we are, however, obviously, both hitting LCH.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 04:09   #47
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

If it was 1up/ND versus LCH, LCH would clearly loose.
However, LCH has enlisted some help.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 04:10   #48
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Even if 1up win, ND will be pleased we didn't help the round stagnate, like a lot of other alliances are doing by concentrating on ND/1up.

Not that ND/1up are allied/napped, we are, however, obviously, both hitting LCH.
Everyone would hit the top alliane if they got any plans of winning or dreams.
And its also natrual for LCH to hit alliances like ND and 1up if they are 2nd and 3rd.

Unread 25 Nov 2004, 05:04   #49
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish

Being that you are both hitting LCH, are you coordinating your attacks with each other?
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 05:25   #50
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

2 1up 109180 67 3.307.517 221.603.700
awesome tbh.