User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 13 Nov 2004, 17:19   #1
MysticYoshi
Pretty

MysticYoshi is an unknown quantity at this point
It wasn't like this in the 'good old days'

Today, making my first attack after not playing PA for a few years I discovered an option to allow you to set your attack to automatically send in a future tick.

Granted I've heard that alliances don't give out launch times until late, and granted that it may not send just before the tick (I'm guessing that anyway) but IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF THE MATTER!

What happened to players having to actually be dedicated and making small sacrifices to attack in the morning to get decent roids on players? What ever made the pacrew decide to put it in? Popular demand from newbies who can't be bothered to stay up a little longer?

I'm disapointed, is all I can say.

Yoshi

P.S. You are all unpretty
MysticYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 17:38   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: It wasn't like this in the 'good old days'

Prelaunch is a newbie-feature they put into the game in r10. Makes people lazy
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 17:48   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticYoshi

yeah right
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 18:32   #4
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

OMGWTF SERIOUSLY UNPRETTY

im sexy though :/
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 19:03   #5
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

hay, nothing wrong with prelaunched hours of ticks in advance
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 21:45   #6
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I like it, makes the game more accessible.

Those who stay up later are still rewarded sufficiently though; the old system punished people for being in the 'wrong' timezones as well.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 23:26   #7
MysticYoshi
Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
OMGWTF SERIOUSLY UNPRETTY

im sexy though :/
Who let this unpretty monster loose on my thread? Put him back in the cage please :/
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 01:23   #8
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

HI YOSHI!

Planetarion still sucks. How come you got to have a planet and I didn't? :((((
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:20   #9
MysticYoshi
Pretty

HI!

I have a planet because I signed up for one about a week ago? Did you not manage to get one?
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 08:14   #10
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about

Signed up three times. Legit information, etc.

No goal. :((((
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 10:44   #11
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
What happened to players having to actually be dedicated and making small sacrifices to attack in the morning to get decent roids on players?
They quit.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 22:49   #12
MysticYoshi
Pretty

Hobbierogue :((( Can't understand that, mine set up quickly enough. Maybe you should email them or something (I know you're just so desperate to play again ;)
Unread 15 Nov 2004, 03:23   #13
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

YOSHIE!!!!!.
irc right now!
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 02:14   #14
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

The prelaunch option is necessary for defence matters since u only defend 1 tick now as opposed to upwards towards 6 ticks before. It would be, in my opinion, too demanding that you had to stay online till the actual tick your defence needed to be sent.

What it does for attacking is of course something that could be discussed, but it has to be there for the defensive purposes, which I think is the reason it was implemented.

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
yupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 05:43   #15
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

it was implimented so that people could play the game without being up in the middle of the night...

if you want more players you need to make the game playable by more people.
that, and tbh, whoever can sleep least winning is a little crap

-mist
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 13:11   #16
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

its a good feature.
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 15:26   #17
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts

I am with mist in this one, the goal of the game isn't staying awake until evry1 finsh their sleep, i guess every1 around here has a social life and other interests including sleeping, you want to get all these interest for them, then no1 will play pa, anotehr thing, you are saying t night, well, there are times where night is day in other time zones, you are talking about Asia, Europe, Australia, America and Africa, so plz. you may be attacked at the night vy people living in other time zone, i.e. day.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 02:14   #18
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

lo Yoshi.

I was actually thinking about you the other day (saw an old email from you).

How are you?
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 16:08   #19
MysticYoshi
Pretty

Hello Mr Dace :) I'm ok, still at uni would you believe it, and still another year to go as I've been ill recently - hence why I'm playing pa again, heh. How are you? What are you up to?

Idler - I shall try and find you IRC :P

Mist - round 1/2/3/4 had tons more players then all the paid rounds put together. I won't go into the whole debate about that but I don't think it makes the game more unaccessable, just more competitive.
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 16:56   #20
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Being awake is still a key part of the game - i.e. reporting defence/recalling and/or resending attacks - the active players will still beat the inactives hands down

And I'm glad you stayed out of the whole debate about # of players
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2004, 20:32   #21
Hugin
Ministry

Hugin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Today, making my first attack after not playing PA for a few years I discovered an option to allow you to set your attack to automatically send in a future tick.

Granted I've heard that alliances don't give out launch times until late, and granted that it may not send just before the tick (I'm guessing that anyway) but IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF THE MATTER!

What happened to players having to actually be dedicated and making small sacrifices to attack in the morning to get decent roids on players? What ever made the pacrew decide to put it in? Popular demand from newbies who can't be bothered to stay up a little longer?

I'm disapointed, is all I can say.

Yoshi

OMG that sucks!

P.S. I havent played in a few years, so you suck more since you had to try PA again.
Hugin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 00:14   #22
MysticYoshi
Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupster
The prelaunch option is necessary for defence matters since u only defend 1 tick now as opposed to upwards towards 6 ticks before. It would be, in my opinion, too demanding that you had to stay online till the actual tick your defence needed to be sent.

What it does for attacking is of course something that could be discussed, but it has to be there for the defensive purposes, which I think is the reason it was implemented.
To an extent this is true, tho it is also true that you can put 1of various types of ship into a fleet to make it slower.
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 02:08   #23
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
To an extent this is true, tho it is also true that you can put 1of various types of ship into a fleet to make it slower.
To complicated for the n00bs who plays nowadays Im afraid
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 05:48   #24
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Hello Mr Dace :) I'm ok, still at uni would you believe it, and still another year to go as I've been ill recently - hence why I'm playing pa again, heh. How are you? What are you up to?

I'm fine.

Finished Uni 2 (and a bit) years ago.

Thinking about leaving the "real world" behind and going back next year.
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 14:25   #25
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupster
Wrong.. it wasn't implemented only because of defence purposes. They "thought" it was a good idea so people didn't need to get out of bed to launch. But the problem that comes with it is that there's no one online to send defence in the middle of the night if everyone prelaunches.

Prelaunch must be removed, at least for attacking. It's ok for the defence part, but plz plz plz remove it from attacking
Unread 18 Nov 2004, 16:46   #26
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Wrong.. it wasn't implemented only because of defence purposes. They "thought" it was a good idea so people didn't need to get out of bed to launch. But the problem that comes with it is that there's no one online to send defence in the middle of the night if everyone prelaunches.

Prelaunch must be removed, at least for attacking. It's ok for the defence part, but plz plz plz remove it from attacking
won't this just mean that the people who'd not be awake don't attack?

i don't see how this would help...

-mist
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 11:10   #27
MysticYoshi
Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I'm fine.

Finished Uni 2 (and a bit) years ago.

Thinking about leaving the "real world" behind and going back next year.
Oh nooooo, you're in the real world???!!!!!!!!! (what as?) Quick get back to university soon!!!!
What you want to do there anyway? :)
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 02:03   #28
Sagacity
ToF Member

Sagacity is an unknown quantity at this point

As much as i can see it being a bit harsh on the hardcore people who used to stay up all types of times. some people have to work etc for a living and as said previously. it makes the game more accesible. But anyway this game still based on the more time you spend the better you will be for th best part, especialy ealr y on with research etc.
Sagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 18:03   #29
MysticYoshi
Pretty

After making various attacks and being more 'experienced' in the round I can say much more confidently that this option for me has spoiled this game more.

Yes it does makes it more accessable but this also makes it so much more easier to lose your fleet/roids because *everyone* can send their fleet out at say 2am - in my opinion this is far more frustrating and annoying. And I'm not saying this because I have some grudge against people attacking me at night, that is what I usually do because I'm lazy half the time (well kind of, heh)

What next, an option to automatically launch defence in your galaxy when attacks come? Oh wait I'll shut up before the pacrew actually start taking me seriously :/
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 18:54   #30
mist
Jolt's best friend

would you rather a game with prelaunch, or a game with less players?

-mist
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 19:00   #31
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say that I'm quite enjoying the fact that nobody seems to be completely immune from losing roids.
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 19:05   #32
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I have Eol's coords, if anyone want them
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 21:36   #33
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
would you rather a game with prelaunch, or a game with less players?

-mist
a game without p2p
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 21:52   #34
mist
Jolt's best friend

i was talking realistic options... jolt won't sell

-mist