User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Nov 2004, 17:35   #1
Hanselaban

Hanselaban is an unknown quantity at this point
What alliance is best?

What alliance is best ? LCH, MISTU or 1up?
Hanselaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 03:49   #2
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What alliance is best?

My magic wand is powerful. Here are the guidelines for keeping your post:
  • 'X is best' posts are deleted.
  • Presenting an alliance other than the three mentioned must contain a specific reason as to why it is superior.
  • Personal attacks will get you nowhere.

Flame away. But please provide some content. If not, bugger off and wank eachother off on your alliance's private forums.

Hanselaban: Please provide some information as to what area you are wondering about, and perhaps some thoughts of your own. It's always best to give the first contribution when you start a thread.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 05:33   #3
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Its quite simply 1up.

Best command, best disipline, best members on average.
Their biggest plus is that their command has played together for a long time, and know each other well.
You can recognize them becouse they have "I HAVE NO REALLIFE" stamped on their foreheads

Then you got the other alliances, who's still trying to figure about what do do.
I could give them some advice (like ENFORCE SOME DISIPLINE AND DONT MASS-RECRUIT), but that would be to easy, besides the alliances wouldnt take em anyway.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release

Last edited by G.K Zhukov; 12 Nov 2004 at 16:24.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 12:35   #4
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

I don't really agree with the 'NO REAL LIFE' stamp comment. If there is one problem a lot of us 'older' players are facing it is that some of us seem to have a job and other commitments. So, speak for yourself, but afaik most people in 1up have a very nice RL (ofcourse, there are some exceptions..).
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 12:44   #5
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

When choosing the best alliance you have to look at overall. In a normal situation I would say LCH. They have the great members from Elysium, and some good members from various allies. LCH came from a wing to a mediocre alliacne to the #1 contender. But sadly this isn't a normal situation. Head up they were wtfpwned by a single alliance, and they couldn't hold up. Even now we see them get knocked down a bit at will though they do keep fighting. Mistu is not even in the runnings, at will they can lose whatever they gain as we saw already. Hands down, 1up wins because they have more heart.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 13:47   #6
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

I would say LCH, they have come a long ways, and they have shown some great integrity in last round and now this round. They have shown that they can contend with 1up, which as many people know is considered to be an "elite" group of PA vets. LCH average score is right up there chasing 1up, and no other alliance has been able to keep up with them.

Being on the recieving end of multiple LCH attacks I can say that their military is very effective, I have not been able to see how good their defence is (they usually manage to cover me when I attack them, but that doesn't really say to much now does it :P ) Overall I have been very impressed with LCH, they put up a great fight and as the rankings show are currently the #1 alliance.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:22   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Code:
Rank   Name       Members         Size    Score        Avg. Member
1      LCH          99          93,539  154,789,798   1,563,533 944 
2      MISTU        93          66,414  125,254,273   1,346,820 714  
3      HR           96          66,183  113,087,960   1,177,999 689 
4      NewDawn      95          66,457  110,882,378   1,167,182 699  
5      1up          66          62,480  108,913,123   1,650,198 946
Out of the top 5 1up have the least members and the highest average member score and size. Seeing as they have less members to cover defence and fill attacks that is one hell of an achievement. I dont play PA anymore but i think they were 3rd a day or two ago (?) so they've obviously come under heavy attack recently but thats to be expected when you have less members and are a target for every other alliance that wants to be considered as the best.
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 17:56   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

LCH seem likely to overtake 1up in average roid-count if the current situation continues so respect given where respect is due. Obviously the round is far from over (assuming mistu command has at least one working brain available, HR and NewDawn have balls and 1up cares).
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 18:00   #9
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

JBG Mistu`s plan is to let everybody else hit LCH while they pick easy roids from the rest. Isnt that the plan of a genious mind? :-)
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 20:52   #10
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Definatley not Mistu. LCH could probably get a core with a team almost as good as 1up with some kicks and cleanups, but wont ever have the same command. My vote goes for 1up

or SL when they play

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 23:46   #11
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

1up wins because they have the best command. Most of the top alliances have very good players, though I think 1up's average skill is slightly better, it's their command that makes the big difference. Their command is probably the most experienced around, in addition most of them are intelligent and have worked together for a long time.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 00:14   #12
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
-snip-

This round 1up is not owning everyone, incase you didn't notice. They aren't winning this round (due to lesser numbers).They still play as the best alliance sure but really, that's not because 1up can't be arsed to play seriously.
I feel elements of 1up last round are missing this round. It really depends to your definitions of owning because frankly, I don't think anyone is owning anyone right now.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 01:16   #13
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

I'd just like to clarify a few things:

At no point have I said last round was a walkover. Last round was ball breakingly hard apart from the last couple of weeks. The unmeasurable amounts of incoming we endured we something I haven't experienced in PA before and the fact we managed to increase score and roids was testement to how amazingly dedicated our members were and how much we deserved the win.

The players this round, if at all possible, are surpassing the dedication and hard work of last round. We currently have two thirds of the member base of other top alliances and we are being singularly targetted by several of these alliances. 1up do not play to win this round but our members to play for pride and often this can be a far greater motivating factor than the "trophy" of winning the round.

My heartfelt thanks go to the people posting who do appreciate these things and my eternal respect go to the membership of 1up who stand fast in the face of unevenly sided battles.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 01:30   #14
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

If you repeat something enough times, it will automagically turn into truth. Right?
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 01:33   #15
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
...And in grand fashion, all the usual people come running to fight over the bait.

You people are so easy to troll up it's not even funny.

Consider yourselves punk'd, and thanks for giving me something to do for a bit.

(we still own you all, hah)
My experience with trolls is that they generally only exaggerate (sp?), but rarely lie as to their opinions. Twice punk'd and once wrong.

I should know a few things about trolls.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 04:42   #16
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol
If you repeat something enough times, it will automagically turn into truth. Right?
The term is "self-fulfilling prophecy"

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 11:39   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I'd just like to clarify a few things:

At no point have I said last round was a walkover. Last round was ball breakingly hard apart from the last couple of weeks. The unmeasurable amounts of incoming we endured we something I haven't experienced in PA before and the fact we managed to increase score and roids was testement to how amazingly dedicated our members were and how much we deserved the win.

The players this round, if at all possible, are surpassing the dedication and hard work of last round. We currently have two thirds of the member base of other top alliances and we are being singularly targetted by several of these alliances. 1up do not play to win this round but our members to play for pride and often this can be a far greater motivating factor than the "trophy" of winning the round.

My heartfelt thanks go to the people posting who do appreciate these things and my eternal respect go to the membership of 1up who stand fast in the face of unevenly sided battles.
that is EXACTLY my point. Cohese was wrong in claiming 1up still owns everyone while playing half-assed without really trying. You are playing amazing, but you sure are as dedicated ifnot more then other alliances and playing half assed, there's nothing correct about.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 16:19   #18
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Cochese was taking the piss, nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 17:07   #19
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
that is EXACTLY my point. Cohese was wrong in claiming 1up still owns everyone while playing half-assed without really trying. You are playing amazing, but you sure are as dedicated ifnot more then other alliances and playing half assed, there's nothing correct about.
I was also correcting the bit about you quoting me as say we had it easy last round.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 10:50   #20
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

LCH: Consitant alliance, good experienced players (ex ely, lots of respect)
1up: good players, active and skilled HC/officers.. top alliance
MISTU: do i have to justify them a comment??

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 11:22   #21
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

NewDawn, community > *
Unread 16 Nov 2004, 11:46   #22
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Kinda like Lch for their arrogance at times.. and I don't mean this in a bad way. Alliances without arrogance is weak. Lch know their power and aren't afraid to use it.

Alliances who will brag about anything less then #1 deserve little respect imo. Lch goes for #1 and that deserves great respect. Who would want to be in an alliance that eventually would just lie down and be contempt with their current rank in fear of loosing it if they thried for more?
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote