User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions > Departing PA Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 May 2005, 17:33   #1
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of
Calling it a day

There comes a time in every mans life when he has to reevaluate his priorities - this time has come for me. During the past 13 rounds Ive sacrificed everything for this game. Ive lost a job, quit school, done drugs - not a pretty picture. It is time for be to move along. I need to finish school - and that wont happen if I continue playing planetarion. I need to change my lifestyle, and that wont happen if I continue playing planetarion. Its been one hell of a ride, and Im glad I came along, but every good thing has to have an end.

Id like to thank a few people for their participation in this experience:

GoE, Peace Keeper, Siliconslayer - the first real galmates I had.
Havoc - For accepting me to Elysium.
Talmage - For bringing me into the officers lounge.
Koloth, Cheerios, Stress, Storebo, Soben, Eylisia, Butter, Stifler, XtoTheZ, Racer, isotee, d-sun, kaos, sakera, Guran, Flisher - You were all great friends in elysium.
1up - For showing me how this game is supposed to be played.
Synthetic_Sid - For showing me what true leadership is.
Idler - For being my loyal(?!) galmate for 3 rounds
Mazzelaar, Cayl, Tis, Zhil - For being great HC and good friends.
Pig, jerome, Linkie, Dreadnought, TheDude, Cypher, Yupster, Aif - For being great friends and the best ally mates one could ever ask for.
Forest - Noone declares war like you mate
sepa - For always being there when I needed a scanhoe
Jesterina - Your pedantry has made me a better man!
Holyboy - Viking poah > j00

Other than that, Id like to thank Spinner & Fifth Season for making a great game, Jolt for ruining it, Phil & Co for keeping up with all my #support spamming, and all the enemies Ive ever faced for making this game interesting.

This was a tough decition, but it was one that had to be made.

-TheRat, calling it a day.

(I reserve the right to edit in people as my memory starts to wake up)

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired

Last edited by TheRat; 10 Jun 2005 at 18:22.
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 17:37   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Calling it a day

Good luck
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 17:38   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

gl with the future
Unread 26 May 2005, 17:39   #4
Columbo

Columbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Bye TheRat, it was really nice to meet u on irc and alot of thanks for doing my defcalls .
I can understand that u quit. I have to do the same after the round is over.
I wish u good luck and hope u'll finish school.
Columbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 17:39   #5
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Good luck.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 17:42   #6
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

gl in school and the future ratty

You are a good friend, even if you do go idle at times

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 17:47   #7
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

About time you took to your senses :/

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 17:52   #8
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Good luck TheRat. Been a sterling ambassador for the 'dark' side for ages.

Tyvm.
Unread 26 May 2005, 17:53   #9
Toppie000

Toppie000 is an unknown quantity at this point

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't leave meh !

It ain't your time yet....
Toppie000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 17:57   #10
DeLoS
Milan-fan

DeLoS is on a distinguished road

see ya mate, gl with rl

Titans, 1up
Former Ascendant
DeLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 18:04   #11
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Tata and all the best, you dirty little rodent!

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 18:12   #12
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

See ya Rat, hope you get stuff sorted out.
Unread 26 May 2005, 21:03   #13
[Racer]
Allianceless ex Ely Hc

[Racer] is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck TheRat.

Thanx for your efforts in Elysium for several rounds,
all good wishes and a better year in your "hopeless" lovelife and school.

[Racer]
[Racer] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2005, 21:25   #14
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Guess u finally can return my cd's?

Gl in real life..
btw.. ask sid for a letter of recommendation
for your job application u know.. =/
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 05:23   #15
Kaal Satori
Armed w/ Nukes

Kaal Satori is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you finish school and get off drugs and all that. I was where you are not two years ago, and I know how much it sucks. For what it's worth you're doing the right thing.

Fare thee well and Godspeed.
Unread 27 May 2005, 07:07   #16
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

ciao ratty gl

maybe u can improve ur poker skills now;D
Unread 27 May 2005, 07:24   #17
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

rat nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Unread 27 May 2005, 07:58   #18
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

And another good friend leaves the game :/

Good luck in the future, mate, and dont fk it up this time or i iwll come round ur house and declare war on u ffs!
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 09:27   #19
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

what the ****

come back here you faggot,

also thanks for being a friend and good guy etc such bollocks that you already know, and i hope you realise that i only give you shit to motivate you/keep your ego from growing far too big - though you deserve the ego (to a certain extent)

do pop in regularly to say hi and touch me

hugs and kisses,
your favourite teenager fs :|
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 09:34   #20
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

soz to see you go m8, you've been ace over the rounds glad to have played with you. it's been an honour

ow and p.s. ely still sucks :P /me hides
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 10:06   #21
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

good choice
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 11:16   #22
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

<3.

Ill make sure to abuse your sms inbox every once in a while tho!
Unread 27 May 2005, 11:21   #23
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

not to mention his various orifices, eh
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 12:28   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

good player

best of luck son
Unread 27 May 2005, 15:58   #25
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Bye bye TheRat Hope you'll stay on IRC etc

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:11   #26
butter

butter is an unknown quantity at this point

take care ratty...
glad you finally agree with me that they WERE drugs and not good for you
i wish you the very best with your future paths.. none of us follow just one in life so may yours wind and fork to good things for you
enjoyed our chats/ disagreements
thanks for considering me a friend among the many people you have come to know through the community
butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 17:27   #27
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

Farewell ratty. Next time we meet, maybe you have earned your first million in poker.

Anyhow, good luck with school/life/everything and I have a feeling we will be seeing eachother still in future.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 21:04   #28
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

(better later than never)
GOOD CALL!
Unread 28 May 2005, 04:24   #29
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

Your one of the truely great people around PA

I wish you the very best

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
yupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2005, 05:13   #30
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

noooooo

/me clings on to therats leg

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2005, 11:29   #31
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Oh...

Bye!

And good luck!
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2005, 12:44   #32
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

one of the few people who are fun to compete with gone

happy you made a smart decision tho (atleast I think so) you should never have a game mess up your life like that and I hope you get stuff back on track again. Too bad I never got to know you so well since we both ended up on different sides after ely split, but Im sure you were atleast as much fun to play on one side with as to play aginst

MiX
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2005, 13:03   #33
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is a really sad day for pa, theres very few people who come and go, who have an effect on the community but you are by far one of them. Your an awesome MO, an awesome ally mate, a great friend and always a laugh. Its been fun knowing you, and when you finish school and make it to university then maybe just maybe play part time

<3 TheRat
Unread 30 May 2005, 19:16   #34
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

gl in rl :P

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 10:47   #35
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

oh, wtf !

bb ratty :/

we had some nice chats over the last 3 rounds.

your a great guy, good luck with school and such

sad that you leave, but it seems it has to be (what a silly phrase)
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 18:19   #36
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

now didn't you quit once also Legator?
as you came back, maybe we will see TheRat with us one day again.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 17:46   #37
Jinstarro
the Jinsomniac

Jinstarro is on a distinguished road

Good luck in your new life
Jinstarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 18:33   #38
Holyboy
pe0n

Holyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

wubwoo Ratty, sure you're gona be missed to f*ck mate, will catch you around on irc anyway.

p.s. YOUR FCKN COMING TO STOKE AGAIN, WE HAVE MORE DRINKING TO DO

p.p.s. no kissing blokes this time

p.p.p.s. no really

p.p.p.p.s STOP IT FFS

LUVYA
[HomaX] Forever!
Holyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 19:44   #39
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyboy
wubwoo Ratty, sure you're gona be missed to f*ck mate, will catch you around on irc anyway.

p.s. YOUR FCKN COMING TO STOKE AGAIN, WE HAVE MORE DRINKING TO DO

p.p.s. no kissing blokes this time

p.p.p.s. no really

p.p.p.p.s STOP IT FFS

LUVYA
yes, only kiss Holys sister this time

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 13:32   #40
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

THERAT!!!! Peace and love.
Remember, in RL you have to wear pants.*

* I said this so people would think you and I were gay. or maybe just me. hmm, or just you.
cheers.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 18:18   #41
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran
now didn't you quit once also Legator?
as you came back, maybe we will see TheRat with us one day again.
hmpf :P
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 05:34   #42
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

So long, and thanks for all the defence.
Unread 26 Jun 2005, 11:30   #43
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

had a great time in elysium and 1up with you m8. top player and i hope to see you back again some day..

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote