User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 13 Aug 2017, 19:48   #1
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Exception Rules

This round I had to get a temporary exception for a few days so i could play under the same IP as another player. I have had to do this before but never dragged into MH channel to physically agree to the rules. I found this difficult as I really do not agree with the rules, I think they are stuck solidly in the past and as a community we should agree on some changes to them.

First of all, i know why the rules are how they are, I was here! but PA has changed, the community is smaller and technology has changed.

If you intend to cheat, you will not even bother to get an exception.

If you and a partner/workmate intend to play PA together, tbh you wont bother to get an exception. Why? you will have a far better playing experience without the restrictions of MH by just playing from your mobile, lets face it, most players are struggling to play pa from mobiles and tablets anyway, that is why alliances have had to use telegram as IRC apps suck.

Lets remind ourselves of the rules:

| When you are granted an exception, you will be notified. As soon as the exception is in place there will be some limitations to your game play:
|
| you may not attack those you have an exception with. This will lead to your immediate closure
| you are limited to three (3) interactions per week with a planet that you share an exception with.
|
| Interactions include:
|
| defending each other
| defending the same planet or galaxy at the same time.
|
| Attacking the same planet or galaxy at the same time while sharing an IP is not permitted

ok... so "you may not attack those you have an exception with. This will lead to your immediate closure" ... no problem with this!

3 interactions per week, this is where I have a problem. back when this rule was created, the universe was a lot bigger, there were more alliances and alliances were larger. Now the universe is small, fewer targets, alliances are smaller and sometimes only attack 1 or 2 gals and really 3 interactions is so restrictive that why bother playing or why go telling MH.

People who are honestly playing and wish to declare that to MH are being punished.

Attacking the same planet or galaxy at the same time is not permitted..... this is unworkable now if you play in the same alliance, it should be limited under interactions in some way. There should be some flexibility on this and not just a ban.

"Defending each other" should remain restricted under a number of interactions
"Defending the same planet or galaxy at the same time" is more of an alliance thing, i see reasons to restrict this under interactions as we don't want alliances setting up support planets under exception rule but 3 total interactions a week is crazy for alliance defense and being able to attack as well.

What I'm getting at is the exception rule should be there for those you are PLAYING while sharing an IP at times and we should have a rule that allows those to play.

So how would i rework the rule to be more with the times and more friendly to players.

Different tiers of exclusion... Work or Home
Home exclusion should cover 24/7 for interactions.
Work exclusion should cover from same IP during, once players are at home on their own IP the exclusion should not be in place but should be monitored under multi rules. That work IP should not be logging in at 2am to send defense to the workmate!

* Those requesting an exception must be fully playing planets. Defense/Support planets are not permitted. This excludes pure scanners.
* You may not attack those you have an exception with. This will lead to your immediate closure

Home Exclusion:-
Attack Interactions per week: (Attacking same gal or planet in alliance raid)
-Same alliance with 45 or fewer members: 6
-Same alliance with over 45 members: 3
-Different alliance: 2 (allowing for piggies, unless alliance is working together, you should be able to play independantly)
-Attacking same target and tick: 2

Defense Interactions per week: (defending same gal or planet in your alliance)
-Same alliance with 45 or fewer members: 6
-Same alliance with over 45 members: 3
-Defending each other: 2

Work Exclusion:-
-Attacking same target and tick from work IP per week: 2
-Defending each other from work IP per week: 2

The reason why I say Defense/Support planets are not permitted is that under the current rules, you can get an exception for your "wife" to have a planet, this can be a pure defense planet, 1 ship build, that fleet can be put into the alliance fleet slot and you can then launch that fleet to your planet as many times as you like from your own planet. Alliance fleet launches does not count towards an interaction!!!

I'm sorry if this is a bit long and i have rambled at any point. I would just like the focus to go from punishing people to letting them play and divert resources on hunting cheaters.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT

Last edited by [DDK]gm; 13 Aug 2017 at 22:40.
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2017, 20:01   #2
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Re: Exception Rules

Also, i think the reason the exceptions have never been enforced in the past is that there is no visible way to monitor it.

A lot of this could be hard coded I'm sure into the game, at the very least there should be a counter so the player can see how many interactions they have left.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 13 Aug 2017, 23:32   #3
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road

Frankly I believe the rekindle of interest in the exception rule is because they can't even catch real multi's so couples pay the price for MH's inability to shut down real multi's I know of more then a few rounds where one or two players played a whole small alliance using vpn's and were never caught.

My wife and I have been playing and PAYING for less the fair game play since round one.

I could easily play the game using my unlimited phone data on my regular comp and they'd never prove anything.

If they'd like us to quit PAYING or quit playing we could arrange that as well.

PA crew better start using their heads.

Even worse we have Ace on our Facebook friends list so he damned well knows us after all these years.

There's no excuse to harass us.
Unread 14 Aug 2017, 04:34   #4
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Alliance fleet launches does not count towards an interaction!!!
LoL I had no idea this was even a thing!!!
Me and my wife has played the last 3 rounds with an exception, and has had no issues adhering to the current rules.

I do agree with the need for a reworking of the rules to better reflect the smaller universe, and I also find it quite ironic that the paying customers that actually use the exception system and adhere to the rules as best they can, appear to be more at risk of being penalized.

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2017, 07:37   #5
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough

I've never had an exception and probably never will as my gf hate that i play this game. But i totally agree that the current exception system need a rework
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2017, 22:48   #6
[DDK]gm

any feedback from pa team would be nice!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 22 Aug 2017, 01:12   #7
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

All exceptions are IP based. So a home exception would not need to be 24/7 if one person is out working. Work exceptions are only in place during the time the IP is shared. I see no need to make two sets of rules for this.

You are asking for 12 interactions during a week for people in an alliance under 45. I think that is pushing it a lot. I see no point in even having the exception rule if we are going to let them attack/def together six days a week. They don't have to attack together at the same time. You just need to put them in different waves. That makes them not attacking at the same time. Defending is the same thing. Just make sure you aren't defending the same tick. And, as gm pointed out, ally def fleet doesn't count.

In regards to the exception rule not being enforced. That is quite simply not true. It has been enforced. I know this because I have had to enforce it in the past and I know that Ace has enforced it as well.

I do like the idea of a counter for interactions. I am not sure if this is a doable idea. I am not a coder/techie type person.
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote