User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Dec 2002, 07:38   #1
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
The Jolt Mods

How long it takes for an average idiot Jolt moderator to accept an account? I've been waiting for 19 hours now, and I'm getting SLIGHTLY pissed off.

Any clue how long I'll yet have to wait?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 07:42   #2
Ulysses
Impudent

Ulysses is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you mean "accept an account"?

I signed up, and within a minute received a confirmation automated email, whithin which is a link that automatically activates the account, it is not a manual process.
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 07:47   #3
Karmulian

you don't have to wait

they don't have user moderation enabled like we do

all you have to do is authorise the email they will have sent you.. and ur sorted
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 07:49   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
I think I already authed the email.
I did.
I actually did it yet again.
Let's see.

It's possible I've been disabled before even posting tho. Which I doubt. Lemmesee.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 07:54   #5
Karmulian

if you have any probs
goto #jolt on quakenet
speak to the ops as they r all admins
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 07:54   #6
Legolas
State of Bliss

Legolas is an unknown quantity at this point
Do they know already u are from PA? :P
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 08:05   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

I wrote it to my signature Lego.
So I do think they know.
Eeek.

[btw karmulian, older versions of netscape (for example my school's) read the java applet above (banner, there's some code of it, or there must be) wrong, so the forums cease working with Netscape - I dunno if it's with all verses, but it may be - nor does it really bother me, but it might bother someone]
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 08:23   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son

Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum.

This is what it says.
Believe it or not.

[I had to dig out my logfiles to find that sentense you poofs.]
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 08:43   #9
Tietäjä
Good Son

With no intelligent replies for a while, I'm gonna f*** off and go play shadowrun (YES, THE SNES VERSION YOU CNUTS).

And be back after I've been to my lessons.
And ****s sake the joltlickers better have my account activated by that.

OR I'm gonna.... Haven't decided yet.
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 09:44   #10
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
I don't know when they started modding new accounts, but the first mail you get now with the click-through URL simply confirms your e-mail address and allows you to set up your profile.

You still have to wait for a mod to activate your account.
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 09:53   #11
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
I don't know when they started modding new accounts, but the first mail you get now with the click-through URL simply confirms your e-mail address and allows you to set up your profile.

You still have to wait for a mod to activate your account.
Exactly. I've been waiting for close 20 hours now.
I'm going to check it now. Again.
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 10:04   #12
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Took 26 hours for mine.

So I made one post because everything I had wanted to vent spleen on had become redundant by the time I could reply.
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 11:09   #13
Androme

Apparently the guy with 40k posts+ took a month to get activated ..
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 11:20   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
Took 26 hours for mine.

So I made one post because everything I had wanted to vent spleen on had become redundant by the time I could reply.
Oh ****

Are they retarded or just plain slow?
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 11:37   #15
Sardaukar
Shallow

Sardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of light
I think we've established their retard level already

8 Arrakiss 1:2:2 1869 26.837.330

Planetarion -> Psytrance Cmon guys its easy
Sardaukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 11:44   #16
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Karmulian
you don't have to wait

they don't have user moderation enabled like we do

all you have to do is authorise the email they will have sent you.. and ur sorted
Yes they do karm.....When they banned my account I tried to create another to argue my case to get it reinstated but it wouldnt let me post after i had authed it. Took about 5 hours after that when i gota mail saying the admins have accepted your account
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 11:47   #17
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

hey i have the same problem used same boardname as here, and when i try to post, webby tells me acount has been inactived....so i made a new one...and that one works ....anything to do with account here and on jolt having the same name ? anyway still waiting.....

Acid
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 11:52   #18
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
You see Jolt forums, well its a bit like america* isnt it

:eek: country bashing!, no mr modulator im being nice, take the finger off the close button

You go there for a short visit, like a holiday, and you're shocked, and in awe of all the freedoms and the bright lights and the things you're allowed to do. But then you make the fatal mistake. Yikes you think, ill move there. But when you do, you realise that in actual fact its inhabited by wankers. And you move back to Blighty, tail between your legs, and with everyone laughing.

* insert country of choice
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 12:08   #19
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by Spearhead
hey i have the same problem used same boardname as here, and when i try to post, webby tells me acount has been inactived....so i made a new one...and that one works ....anything to do with account here and on jolt having the same name ? anyway still waiting.....
I have the same name as the one here. If the bastards won't activate it soon enough, I am heading directly to Irc to moan.
If they won't listen, I'll start heavy level abuse.

****'s sake.
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 12:29   #20
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

ask them to activate mine too (SPEARHEAD) if you come to chatting to any mods on IRC.

thx !!!

Acid
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 15:03   #21
Tietäjä
Good Son

Yes I am on my way shouting to them.
It's been like 26 hours. I should count.
I'm severely annoyed by their disdaintful behavior towards their new potentially long-term members and dedicated users.

To say, I'm even more pissed off than I was 20 hours ago.
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 15:12   #22
Tietäjä
Good Son

I went to talk to them.

Got sorted.

You should be sorted now too Acid.
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 15:26   #23
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

thank you very much, ill check it out !
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 15:34   #24
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

ON the jolt board - > Reply -> Make post -> submit -> No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster AAARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! wtf am i doing wrong ?
i wanted to post after you in the who didnt get their nick thread, still doesnt work tried both accounts pfffffff glad we aint merged i that piece of crap board!!!
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 16:01   #25
Tietäjä
Good Son

if it still doesn't work Spear, go to irc.quakenet.org to #jolt (as above) and talk to the blib bloke - he said he sorted it, but dunno then. He should be able to help ye.
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 16:16   #26
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
SHIT
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 16:22   #27
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
Eh?
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 16:25   #28
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
testing something
fixed now
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 16:27   #29
sayonara
Shai Halud

was it:

'diet
work'

?
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 16:28   #30
Tietäjä
Good Son

It was

For what I noticed.

[did he turn the censor back on? Now that's a pity]