User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Nov 2002, 04:52   #1
Nashmeister

Homosexuals and lisps - I gotta know

Is it coincidence that often times, homosexuals have lisps? Or if they have lisps, do they decide to become homosexual? Or is it the other way around? I'm just curious, no offense meant at all...
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 06:13   #2
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough
i think its cause their voices are much more feminine than a regular guys, which i believe is caused by genes. And if you try and talk like a girl in a serious way you would prolly sound like you have a lisp.

Or i maybe wrong

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 11:24   #3
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nofutcha
i think its cause their voices are much more feminine than a regular guys, which i believe is caused by genes. And if you try and talk like a girl in a serious way you would prolly sound like you have a lisp.

Or i maybe wrong
Hmm the gene thing always makes good discussion....

This is a debate I like to wind up homosexuals....

IF homosexuality = difference in genes/chromosones.

Then surely its a defect which can/will be cured by science????

discuss....

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 11:32   #4
Sardaukar
Shallow

Sardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of lightSardaukar is a glorious beacon of light
I think it will give them hope that one day there will be a cure

might take some of the desperation and lonleyness out of being gay?

light at the end of the tunnel etc

8 Arrakiss 1:2:2 1869 26.837.330

Planetarion -> Psytrance Cmon guys its easy
Sardaukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 11:37   #5
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Sardaukar
I think it will give them hope that one day there will be a cure

might take some of the desperation and lonleyness out of being gay?

light at the end of the tunnel etc
Heh.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 12:43   #6
YahweII

being as sexuality is a choice what you get is lots of men being gay quite simply because they are too ugly to attract women; or rather, that they simply don't conform to women's desires but seem to with men.

let me give three examples:

a) the lisper: classicly an 'ugly' quality with comic affiliations. hope of pulling a woman? i think not.

b) the short chap (gay speek = the poison dwarf). now this person may actually be very attractive, very charming, but no woman is going to go out with a guy who is 5'4. so he goes gay.

c) the boyband lookalike. now these men look perpetually young, they have very fine features and are generally slender. they are actually undoubtably beautiful, but women right now have a different concept of masculinity so such a person is frankly better off gay.

I'm lucky that i can pick and choose.

aces.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 12:58   #7
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Uh, one off my best friends is just a bit taller then 5'4. He picks women from "the top shelf", if you get my meaning.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 13:01   #8
MonotoneMan

I had a lisp in fourth grade. Now I don't. I haven't since fourth grade.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 13:13   #9
Lord Boredom

Quote:
Originally posted by MonotoneMan
I had a lisp in fourth grade. Now I don't. I haven't since fourth grade.
You must be gay.
I have to say.. of all the gays I know, not one of them lisps. Not that that proves anything, that might have had speech therapy or something.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 15:56   #10
bink

Quote:
Originally posted by -o|UnBanJedi|o-

Hmm the gene thing always makes good discussion....

This is a debate I like to wind up homosexuals....

IF homosexuality = difference in genes/chromosones.

Then surely its a defect which can/will be cured by science????

discuss....
The missing limbs of Thalidomide children are a congenital defect. Does this mean it can be cured by science ?
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 16:05   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Theres loads of possible explanations, so picking one at random and believing it isnt very clever. Remember kids: correlation != cause!

1) Gay people who are effeminite may have been accussed of being gay all their life. This makes it easier for them to come out, as they know others will expect it. Non-effeminite gay people are less likely to be considered gay, so they may decide not to publically come out.

2) People who are effeminate may be less likely to fit into the 'macho' role in their youth. This means they are less likely to pick up the "LOL GAYS R EVIL KILL THEM ALL" football player vibe that idiots get, and thus are again more likely to feel comfortable.

3) Gay people may want to 'fit in' like a lot of people seem to. As such, they may 'deliberately' try to pick up some stereotype 'gay' characteristics so they can do the whole 'gay pride' thing to get a sense of belonging within a group.

4) Some people pick up on the mannerisms of others around them. Being around Americans may result in you picking up a slight American accent. Ditto here.

5) Hormonal levels. I dont know enough to comment.

6) Most gays do not have a lisp. Most scottish people do not wear kilts. Most black people do not live on fried chicken. Its called a stereotype for a reason.

etc
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 18:43   #12
Lord Boredom

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Theres loads of possible explanations, so picking one at random and believing it isnt very clever. Remember kids: correlation != cause!

1) Gay people who are effeminite may have been accussed of being gay all their life. This makes it easier for them to come out, as they know others will expect it. Non-effeminite gay people are less likely to be considered gay, so they may decide not to publically come out.

2) People who are effeminate may be less likely to fit into the 'macho' role in their youth. This means they are less likely to pick up the "LOL GAYS R EVIL KILL THEM ALL" football player vibe that idiots get, and thus are again more likely to feel comfortable.

3) Gay people may want to 'fit in' like a lot of people seem to. As such, they may 'deliberately' try to pick up some stereotype 'gay' characteristics so they can do the whole 'gay pride' thing to get a sense of belonging within a group.

4) Some people pick up on the mannerisms of others around them. Being around Americans may result in you picking up a slight American accent. Ditto here.

5) Hormonal levels. I dont know enough to comment.

6) Most gays do not have a lisp. Most scottish people do not wear kilts. Most black people do not live on fried chicken. Its called a stereotype for a reason.

etc
I'm really glad you made that clear for us.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 18:46   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Boredom

I'm really glad you made that clear for us.
no problem.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 19:14   #14
Nashmeister

There is a reason behind the stereo-type. Maybe you have, but I have yet to meet a straight person with a hugely gay lisp.

Here's another thing my friend noticed working at tcby,
Blatently gay people ALWAYS order white chocolate mousse yogurt, but not the other way around.
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 23:17   #15
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Nashmeister
There is a reason behind the stereo-type. Maybe you have, but I have yet to meet a straight person with a hugely gay lisp.
Hmm... I know at least one person who is really rather 'camp' but is straight... and he talks with a lisp.
Not his fault, but he's had the piss ripped out of him all his youth...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 23:32   #16
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nashmeister

Here's another thing my friend noticed working at tcby,
Blatently gay people ALWAYS order white chocolate mousse yogurt, but not the other way around.
not true,! Once I saw white chocloate mousse yogurt order blatently gay person. Weird or what?
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 23:34   #17
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
back to the topic. I always had lisps (when it comes to my first launguage). Noone ever thought that I am gay or anything like that.
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 00:25   #18
Nashmeister

If it undermines your confidence any, I think you're rather gay.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 01:11   #19
Ulysses
Impudent

Ulysses is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog

/other boring stuff deleted/

6) Most scottish people do not wear kilts.
etc

Damn, my illusions are shattered!
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 01:13   #20
Ulysses
Impudent

Ulysses is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by YahweII
being as sexuality is a choice what you get is lots of men being gay quite simply because they are too ugly to attract women; or rather, that they simply don't conform to women's desires but seem to with men.

/2 of which I will make no comment on/

Quote:

b) the short chap (gay speek = the poison dwarf). now this person may actually be very attractive, very charming, but no woman is going to go out with a guy who is 5'4. so he goes gay.

This however is utter crap.
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 10:32   #21
YahweII

Quote:
Originally posted by Ulysses

/2 of which I will make no comment on/

This however is utter crap.
sorry, you must be right because you swore

clearly from now on women will want someone "short dark and hansome"
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 12:35   #22
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

a) the lisper: classicly an 'ugly' quality with comic affiliations. hope of pulling a woman? i think not.

c) the boyband lookalike. now these men look perpetually young, they have very fine features and are generally slender. they are actually undoubtably beautiful, but women right now have a different concept of masculinity so such a person is frankly better off gay.

I'm lucky that i can pick and choose.

aces.
yeh but arent you ****ing ugly?
does that mean gay men go for ****ing ugly people?
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 12:39   #23
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
most of the short guys i know seem to have lots of women, specifically the good looking ones, the taller guys generally dont... because theyre 'lanky' or 'stringy' or whatever you call them, tbh, height makes no difference to me, unless your a midget, and most of the girls i know think the same.
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 12:56   #24
jacob

I may have a little bit of a lisp in English. I just saw a girl with Bitch in old letters on her t-shirt. ( Around the breast area.)
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 13:06   #25
YahweII

Quote:
Originally posted by seventh

yeh but arent you ****ing ugly?
you must be confusing me with bloomers.
Unread 8 Nov 2002, 13:08   #26
YahweII

Quote:
Originally posted by seventh
most of the short guys i know seem to have lots of women, specifically the good looking ones, the taller guys generally dont... because theyre 'lanky' or 'stringy' or whatever you call them, tbh, height makes no difference to me, unless your a midget, and most of the girls i know think the same.
you're short aren't you.

ace. i've become an angry ooomp-a-loompa magnet.