User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jan 2010, 23:43   #1
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point
Stats calc

My idea is that a tool could be made for making ship stats. I think possible way of doing it would be a 2 page thing. The first page would be like the stats page but all the values could be entered (except the A/C and D/C which should automaticly be worked out once cost and damage/armour are added). The second page would pretty much be the bcalc but running off the stats from the first page. This tool should have the same limits hard coded into the game hard coded into it. It should be long term saveable with unique urls so they can showed to others in the same way bcalcs are. This would allow individuals or groups of people to work on a set of stats and spend a long tweaking them and running theoretical calcs.

If the uptake of this tool was sufficient then maybe the set of stats that goes onto beta testing and development into the next round's stats could be decided in a similar way to the round name. In that at the end of people could submit their set of stats to a e-mail address then the PA team could either remove any silly sets (such as my favourite race is better than all others) or make a short list of say 5. Then a forum vote on the short list or all non-silly submissions could decide which set goes onto the beta test. With the person/team who originaly developed them helping with the final development from beta stats into final stats.

I think that this could help players feel/be more involved in how the game is is set up each round. This tool could lead to some interesting new directions in ship stats that the (few(I think)) people who currently make the stats might not think of.
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2010, 15:06   #2
Bams
Virus Champion

Bams is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stats calc

Should increase the amount of stats thought of... more sets of stats to choose from.
R32: EC (rank 21)
R33: Round off
R34: P3ng! (rank 84) - sry drinker

Bams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2010, 22:15   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowmando View Post
I think that this could help players feel/be more involved in how the game is is set up each round. This tool could lead to some interesting new directions in ship stats that the (few(I think)) people who currently make the stats might not think of.
There's more to making stats - generally - than skimming forums tells you. At some point earlier in the game's history, people were literally spamming makeshift excel sheets of "stats-to-be" on forums and it wasn't really productive. Thing is, those people who have genuinely "intellectual" contribution to the stats instead of "this battleship needs to be the best ship in game and I want this ship to be named after my imaginary girlfriend" usually do wind up in the discussion on the subject.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2010, 09:17   #4
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

great point Tietaja
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn