User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 3 Jul 2006, 15:22   #1
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Stats

I dunno if this is right but every race has a corvette that is anti fi

Phoenix Corvette Fighter Norm 6
Beetle Corvette Fighter Emp 2
Arrowhead Corvette Fighter 5
Thief Corvette Fighter Steal 42

Another thing, I maybe wrong but if a Buc capps a lone battleship this increases the eta back to base by one?

If so can be used to fleet catch em, if done right gives the fleetcatchers an extra hr to sort something out.
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 07:49   #2
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stats

you talking about beta?
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 04:15   #3
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point

is it just that i can't find it or is there really nor thread for the development of the r18 stats?

if there is not a thread to discuss this with the community perhapps this is what has lead to what imo appears to be a almost useless set of zik stats. This is based only on a breif look at the stats and i will allaberate further when i have more time and have had a beter look.

if i am wrong about this please point out where to ease my analysis

Last edited by Cowmando; 7 Jul 2006 at 04:40. Reason: adding stuff
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 09:01   #4
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowmando
is it just that i can't find it or is there really nor thread for the development of the r18 stats?

if there is not a thread to discuss this with the community perhapps this is what has lead to what imo appears to be a almost useless set of zik stats. This is based only on a breif look at the stats and i will allaberate further when i have more time and have had a beter look.

if i am wrong about this please point out where to ease my analysis
it is called #beta
But I guess we can have forum discussion
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 09:46   #5
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Zik BS are
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 13:26   #6
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
But I guess we can have forum discussion
Given that ticks start in 7.5 hours it's going to be a pretty short discussion.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 03:34   #7
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point

sure i know about #beta but there has always been a forum discussion aswell so everyone can get involed in the creation of the next round stats. I am sad that i was not able to get online to help with the development of this set of stats. But it must be said that beta very rarely produces accurate results on the ships stats imo, purely based on ithe fact it is a speed round with a very limited amout of players with a lot of them playing to win rather than to test. I can see that zik Bs is a very viable option but the rest seem to not only make a second attack fleet unviable, (without relying on captureing enough ships which is hard especially in the upper eshalons of the game) but also a decent defence is unviable. There are only 2 non zik fleets that can't land either for free (including those which shoot the hell out of zik ships b4 they can steal or attack) or a game of chicken (and it is normal for the zik who comes out worst in a game of chicken) and then on top of that the traddtional zik on zik based on those with the better fleet composition (I alwaysed liked the fact that a smaller zik with a better fleet composition could attack and beat many bigger ziks) has also been removed aswell.

I know it is to late to change anything stats wise and unfortunately i was unable to get online earlier to express my veiws due to the fact i was moveing house. I am sorry if my examination does not match most peoples veiws on the stats but i purely look to see where i am wrong so it is possable to play zik this round.

these are just my observations based on the stats and are untested please bring to my attention any errors or anything i have missed. At the moment i would not recomend zik in this round to anyone.

Last edited by Cowmando; 8 Jul 2006 at 03:54. Reason: spelling mistakes and some bits i missed
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 10:28   #8
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

I am just wondering what the Zik fr-fleet is useful for?
It does not even have any steal-ship and each race got a 0-loss defship against them.
Maybe its good enough for visiting the next shop and buy some beer....

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 11:03   #9
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
It does not even have any steal-ship and each race got a 0-loss defship against them.
Roiding caths and scaring off FI/CO, I'd assume.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 12:50   #10
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
As gate said, scaring off attacks and grabbing a few roids until you can steal something else to roid with.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 12:52   #11
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
commando's good post
I am still a big fan of having a 1 week, 15 min ticks public beta but that hasnt been done since r14.

There are certain people you have on the #beta channel you take note of their views. There are few you just say "back to your toy cars buddy."
Just need to know how to be selective of sources.
There is When you look at the stats you would read inbetween the lines.
Ally def options, ingal def options, targetting options and so forth.

fine tuning on 1 min tick betas can be difficult.
But I do think these will be very playable stats.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2006, 15:11   #12
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

The stats have never been (as far as I know) unplayable, sometimes just lacking some balance.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote