User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Aug 2005, 00:08   #1
Bravestarr
Whiplash

Bravestarr is an unknown quantity at this point
DV camera as webcam in MSN 7.5

I recently bought a Firewire card/cable so i could connect my DV camera to the PC and get various movie clips off it/use it as a webcam.
Ive successfully got all the video i want off it, so the card is working fine, but i can't get it working as a webcam. Ive been trying in MSN, and in the wizard, i could see the image the camera is taking on the 'position the camera so this is what you want to be seen' screen, but then when i come to try and use it in a conversation it tells me that either the camera is unplugged, something else is using it, or im using it in another video conversation

Ive opened task manager and closed all but essential running programs, but still the same

I was using MSN 7, so i upgraded to MSN 7.5, but the same problem's still there.. except this time i cant see the camera shot in the 'position' screen of the wizard and it doesnt refer to the camera by name, but by 'Microsoft DV Camera and VCR'

soo.. any ideas?

im using XP pro, still on SP1

ive googled not to much avail, only seems to be one page with the same error message
Bravestarr is offline   Reply With Quote