User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10 Aug 2007, 08:09   #1
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
More chauv rant

I'm still reading the trash and tabloids, I'm very sorry. I'll be brief.

A man was sentenced to fines and compensations for hugging a resigning worker. The boss, aged 56, had given his female worker, 30, a hug the day the resigned woman was leaving. The woman took the hug as sexual harrasment, brought it to court, and claimed the man obviously experienced erection while hugging and thus the hug was abusive at least. The man denied the accusations, but the court found the story reliable and decided to rule against the man. In total of court expenses, fines, and compensations, the man's now a little more than 6k e poorer. It's funny how you can throw fines on word-against-word cases with no evidence whatsoever besides a word by the victim of the alledged crime. I'm feeling a little American here in Finland now.

Furthermore, a female columnist was ranting about how crap summer theaters are nowadays. She mentioned the narrow production, and stated that while Väinö Linna's The Unknown Soldier is a great and touching act that makes men cough in order to prevent sobbing and women cry. What's her problem here, is that everyone's seen it already. So her clever idea was, to make a women-only act of it, "The Unknown Soldieress". Why? Because it sounds witty, and women can serve in the military today too. The thing is, a lot like Seven Brothers by Aleksis Kivi and Kalevala by Elias Lönnröt The Unknown Soldier is really more than a novel. It's something regarded on a similar respect as the national epic. The gender of the characters, the majority of which are men, is a part of the idea - it's a story of the war, of the archetypal Finnish men, of the Finnish culture. It's really something you don't need to mess with just for shits and giggles. Well. Needless to say, the woman really jumped into a landslide. There's already critisism about the "idea" printed.

Oh dear. Seven more hours, guys and girls. The lunch is going to be good, ox with mushrooms.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote