User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 16 Jul 2009, 09:22   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Apprime

Brilliant Ally? or Doomed to fail?

Apprime no doubt has an experienced group of score hording players, such as elviz, cbk, cain etc.

Also Apprime has the most commited and decent players currently playing the current planetarion round. Buts it's not all graceful, the main problem with apprime is you have to put up with cardi, (whos english is worse than mine!!!) every day, running things, which I m sure a lot of members would agree, is highly annoying. Most members have learned to put up with Light now and other such annoying members such as Max, Crowly and tobbe

So the next problem is defence leeching, something a few of our members have perfected over the years. We have our HC elviz for this whos def leeching is absolutely awful to watch, same with cardi who seems to use all apprime defence on his "lith" galaxy, also they talk about VNC for each other often in #stunners (apprime private channel)

The biggest problem is having cardi trying to order everyone around;

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
[11:25] <carDi> iam ordering you
Personally I think Apprime will win this round, but there is a decent chance of them completely folding out of the race, in order for this to happen, more def leeching, therefore more incs will be needed from the resistance!!! GO GO GO universe.

Anyway

carDi sets ban on CBA!*[email protected]
carDi has kicked CBA from #stunners (bye)

This is what ya get for standing up to pr1cks!!

haha

thats just how I feel about apprime, thought I d post it.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 16 Jul 2009 at 11:59.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 10:04   #2
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Apprime

haha.

cba kicked from his alliance - shocker -

That being said, the issues mentioned above are probably why / if apprime will fail.

When I HC I always make sure to never ever def leech. I just leech when I m peon
( yes, they already have so much to complain about me for, so I cba to give them one more thing! )

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 10:32   #3
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

To be honest, CBA has a very narrow view of the alliance. The log pasted is simply a log "ordering" him to recall from a target he launched on which was one of the few alliances that were not currently gang-banging the proverbial poo-hole out of us. He then went on to paste logs and pm his "team-up" mates to keep going & land.

On to defence leeching, when an alliance has a very high number of members in a gal it will need a lot of defence, thats no secret and it has been employed by allies like Asc for multiple rounds. Now if that gal is one of three to get targetted, and is subsequently hit by multiple alliances, there will be a high level of defence sent to that gal. It not only saves us roids, but makes those trying to roid us think "f this - lets attack elsewhere".

Erm yeah, and as for CarDi being annoying, "the biggest problem" that's quite clearly Stif or Cains +1. CarDi has done more for Apprime than anyone else, so it makes me smile when ignorant muppets like CBA paste out of context links attempting to highlight something that is standard in any alliance. So yeah, to quote Wish "cba kicked from his alliance - shocker -".

It's absolutely no skin off our nose

(P.s. Brilliant Ally)

Last edited by ReligFree; 16 Jul 2009 at 11:03.
ReligFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 11:13   #4
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

cant agree to "leeching defence saves more roids theory" :s

defending 1 massive wave on 1 planet with 10+ fleets to save 1 tick worth of roids (300) instead of saving 4 waves in some other gal with those fleets (930 roids saved) is not a good tactic imo

but its always been like that and theres nothing new to it :d
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 11:14   #5
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I ve heard from a few that the only thing they dont like about apprime, is that cardi is a part of it.

so its not only cba who have issues with the guy!

ps cardi, I quite like u <3

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 11:48   #6
Inforza
Holland is GVD het HARDST

Inforza is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
same with cardi who seems to use all apprime defence on his "lith" galaxy, .
youre an idiot.. we let some of our guys get roided cause it would take too much fleet to cover them for shit roids... i dont really call that defleeching

WP SiN eXilition 1up CT SubH Ascendancy Apprime
Inforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 11:58   #7
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Well we could put it in pictures..
If cardi was a vampire, half of apprime would be without blood cause he sucked em dry.
1 player getting 30 deffleets that could have saved like 7-10 waves on others..
Yes that is defleeching, who disagrees should really quit this game!
Tbh in my book its as neroon says, if cardi was a real HC & cared for his alliance more then himself, he would have picked to save roids for the ally instead of saving the couple he would lose himself.

Conclusion, if you dont get defence, blame the selfish one, an hc should be responsible for getting his allymates def, not his allymates responsible for saving his ass.

TYVM
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 12:05   #8
Wishmaster
LDK

to neroon and wouter - I dont agree.

its important to cover some of those massive teamups. even if its leeching at times, and perhaps doesnt maximize roids saved.

Quote:
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 12:11   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
Conclusion, if you dont get defence, blame the selfish one, an hc should be responsible for getting his allymates def, not his allymates responsible for saving his ass.
No, a HC should attempt to get his alliance to #1. Cardi is doing a good job so far, though not least thanks to CT, who up until recently seemed quite content to stick to revenge on alliances ranked lower than them, rather than attempting to wrest control from the alliance ranked higher than them. We'll see if Apprime handles bad times as well as they handle good ones.

I don't think it surprises anyone that CBA got kicked from yet another alliance, considering his past. I doubt it surprises anyone that Cardi likes power either, apparently his time in Ascendancy hasn't convinced him otherwise. Combine someone who doesn't like authority with someone who likes power, and you've got a recipe for disaster.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 12:14   #10
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

****ing cardi making me lose 450 roids and defleeching, i ****ing quit!

HIM and his lith nobo friends, i hate them!
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 12:27   #11
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
to neroon and wouter - I dont agree.

its important to cover some of those massive teamups. even if its leeching at times, and perhaps doesnt maximize roids saved.
IF this is right, then ive been really lost in this game I got absolutly no idea how saving 300 roids instead of 930 roids helps alliance during war times :S

also those 930 saved roids was just a count from my own galmate`s losses, i dont know if even more would have been saved with those fleets (tbh prolly would)..

PS: I might agree to it if those 930 roids would have been saved on noobs who do not know how to handle em, tho i seriously doubt my galmates are noobs in this case
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 12:31   #12
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

I dont think leeching all the ally def is how a leading figure should act. A leading figure should put his alliance ahead of him. But no cardi dreams of ending #1 etc so his ally suffers for it. (mz)
and wishmaster blocking a big teamup with decent players cost nothing, cause for them its fun to team. Only if your selfcentered you would have a problem with it.

point here is, should a leading figure play for his ally and do things for the best of his ally or should he play for himself so he can get a good rank, using the ally as backup for his roids without conditions?
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 12:33   #13
neroon

ehm if cardi is playing for planetrank (actually dunno if he is) then its a valid tactic ofc.. nothing to argue with that

point here is if the members are ok with it

edit: planetrank and galrank
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 12:44   #14
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

The day CBA was kicked from Apprime was the saddest day of my life this far

As for cardi, i do think that he is doing a good job with apprime, except for the overall reduction of the language quality. I fixed that by parting the channel.
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 12:46   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Religfree
On to defence leeching, when an alliance has a very high number of members in a gal it will need a lot of defence, thats no secret and it has been employed by allies like Asc for multiple rounds. Now if that gal is one of three to get targetted, and is subsequently hit by multiple alliances, there will be a high level of defence sent to that gal. It not only saves us roids, but makes those trying to roid us think "f this - lets attack elsewhere".
Hey, get your own way of playing pa! In all seriousness though you're quite right. I'm not sure if that's precisely how it works in execution and isn't just about def whoring though. Last night ascendancy were hitting henrik. Prelaunched fr/de fleets have been a big thing with you guys and on a planet like that with so much value in fr/de already that could have been really nasty. So the tick before we launched I got 5 people with fi/co to prelaunch on elviz for that tick. Now to my knowledge henrik is not just some noob. According to the universe screen he has the same number of def fleets sent as elviz. He has more value and had more roids and they're both in top 10 gals. Nonetheless elviz got 5 prelaunched fr/de fleets in def and henrik got zero. Make of that what you will.
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 12:50   #16
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
I dont think leeching all the ally def is how a leading figure should act. A leading figure should put his alliance ahead of him. But no cardi dreams of ending #1 etc so his ally suffers for it. (mz)
and wishmaster blocking a big teamup with decent players cost nothing, cause for them its fun to team. Only if your selfcentered you would have a problem with it.

point here is, should a leading figure play for his ally and do things for the best of his ally or should he play for himself so he can get a good rank, using the ally as backup for his roids without conditions?
I dont really understand ur post. its about leeching being bad, right?

I meant, stopping big teamups is important for more reasons than just minimizing roid losses. Morale is an important aspect for both the attacking and the defending side in a war.

Quote:
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 12:52   #17
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
This is so idiotic it almost hurts.

People make massive teamups that they think are bound to get through, so it's shocking when they're covered, and it damages their morale. In round 30 we covered stupidly huge teamups on Elviz (65mil was it?), this made Ascendancy seem unbreakable at a time where we had loads of incs and felt pretty fragile.

As for Cardinal; he's a clown but still a good alliance player. Big planets always end up being net leechers as they have most roids to protect. I suspect the new capping formula only makes this worse (bigger planets get more incs = more def needed)
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 13:02   #18
neroon

heh.. attacking in big wave and gettin covered has never demoralised me at least.. maybe some it might :/.. imo more demoralising is the fact that u could have been done much much much more good with those fleets..

now talking about morale.. im pretty sure gettin 4 1k roid planets roided for 1-2-3 ticks is more demoralising for the alliance (1st of all to those 1k roid planets) than it is for cardi himself to lose 300 roids to 1 massive wave..

or?
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 13:05   #19
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
IF this is right, then ive been really lost in this game I got absolutly no idea how saving 300 roids instead of 930 roids helps alliance during war times :S

also those 930 saved roids was just a count from my own galmate`s losses, i dont know if even more would have been saved with those fleets (tbh prolly would)..

PS: I might agree to it if those 930 roids would have been saved on noobs who do not know how to handle em, tho i seriously doubt my galmates are noobs in this case
Id rather piss on a 10 man teamup than a single shitfleet wich gal easy can pick up

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 13:16   #20
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Big planets always end up being net leechers as they have most roids to protect.
I was a net contributer to Audentes when I came in top 10, by a long way.
leeched mercilessly ingal tho.
The morale issue can swing both ways; all the little ppl are really the core of the ally and if they lose all their roids morale can collapse just as easily as if the big ppl go down. I would hazard a guess this is particularly true of new allies with no long term loyal core. (tho CarDis liths and elviz's loyal lemmings might fulfill that function for apprime)
I for one when looking at the wars progress simply look at the raw figure of roids lost total to ally. Whether such and such awesome leecher has lost roids or kept em bothers me not at all; particularly because most ppl have realised that the race to be top planet is something of a farce.
Tho the the big attacks do look grand on a jgp, most ppl go into an attack on elviz or cardi expecting to recall so they wont be disheartened if that comes to pass, so actually defending them is lose lose from a morale point of view. However with the new cap in place if an ally wants to keep players up there it must defend them properly; def-leeching has become institutionalised.
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 13:26   #21
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

I have to agree that the new cap rules makes it more important to keep the top planets from being roided, since its a real struggle to get them back now. As for defleeching, once you commit fleets to a planet, it would be silly not to cover all waves. If smaller members losses 2-3 ticks of roids instead they will have an easier time getting them back (potentially anyway), as long as there is no risk of them quitting it makes sense to me to give somewhat of a prio to the top planets.

That isn't so much the issue, the issue is what jbg said, both cardi and elviz get a huge amount of pl'ed def fleets, the rest pretty much zero regardless of size/score/deffleet count.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 13:36   #22
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
That isn't so much the issue, the issue is what jbg said, both cardi and elviz get a huge amount of pl'ed def fleets, the rest pretty much zero regardless of size/score/deffleet count.
To get prelaunched def u gotta know its comming, and i bet anyone who wants can get prelaunched def on the incs.. Hell look at fuzzy, we covered 4(?) waves with prelaunched on him today....
Its all about activity.

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 13:41   #23
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Dont give em tactical advice neroon!

Nothing new about an alliance having few top planets who get protected at all cost though. Usually once those lose roids it also means the round is forfeit for their alliance.

Having top ranked, high profile, planets is good for the morale of an alliance, even if theyre leeching. Wishmaster and Kila both have a valid point saying it makes the alliance seem/feel unbreakable. The runner up planets will, of course, always be unhappy about this since they would like to beat the leechers who are currently on top.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 13:53   #24
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX View Post

Nothing new about an alliance having few top planets who get protected at all cost though. Usually once those lose roids it also means the round is forfeit for their alliance.
Like I knew p3ng wouldnt win when u got mass waved and roided when u had like 60% more roids than #2 size
should have leeched u like crazy tbh, and u should be in proper gals!

Quote:
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 13:56   #25
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ascendancy needs no tactical advice!
its all recycled in this game anyway.
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 14:11   #26
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Like I knew p3ng wouldnt win when u got mass waved and roided when u had like 60% more roids than #2 size
should have leeched u like crazy tbh, and u should be in proper gals!
Next time !!!!
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 14:45   #27
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Having top ranked, high profile, planets is good for the morale of an alliance, even if theyre leeching. Wishmaster and Kila both have a valid point saying it makes the alliance seem/feel unbreakable. The runner up planets will, of course, always be unhappy about this since they would like to beat the leechers who are currently on top.
Actually, the mistake most alliances seem to make when they put everything into defending a few top planets is this:

If you have 70 people, and you primarily defend 10 of them, only those 10 will grow properly, and as such they will be the only ones who's defence fleet should be growing, but it wont, because they will have grown accustomed to being defended by everyone else, and they will buy ships for attacks etc and use them so they themselves can grow larger.

However, if you have 70 people, and you spread the defence to those that can be saved, and merely ignore those that cannot, and explain to the members concerned that it is better to live and fight another day (as long as theres no SK's) if they are good members they will understand that it is for the best.

Its how things used to work the majority of the time.

End of the day its this simple, good players do not need to leach, if they are that good, then they know how to recover from a loss of roids.
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 14:55   #28
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

I don't see what everyone is whining about.
I'm happy that Cardi is just a def whore.
Lets me roid the other members of his gal without much resistance.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 15:04   #29
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

TBH because people expect CarDi/elviz to def whore people send larger waves on them, so they need more defence anyway. Kind of a vicious circle :P

However I think CarDi's done a pretty awesome job as HC considering all the shit he gets given, before this round I'd never been in ally/gal with him and I think unless you're in Apprime you can't really comment properly on how much he's put into making this alliance work (and hopefully win) Same goes for elviz although I've still never really got to know elviz :P
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 15:36   #30
MiX
Who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden View Post
Actually, the mistake most alliances seem to make when they put everything into defending a few top planets is this:

If you have 70 people, and you primarily defend 10 of them, only those 10 will grow properly, and as such they will be the only ones who's defence fleet should be growing, but it wont, because they will have grown accustomed to being defended by everyone else, and they will buy ships for attacks etc and use them so they themselves can grow larger.

However, if you have 70 people, and you spread the defence to those that can be saved, and merely ignore those that cannot, and explain to the members concerned that it is better to live and fight another day (as long as theres no SK's) if they are good members they will understand that it is for the best.

Its how things used to work the majority of the time.

End of the day its this simple, good players do not need to leach, if they are that good, then they know how to recover from a loss of roids.
This all sounds very good too and I am sure most points you are right, if an alliance where things work like that would be able to excist I would be happy to join it. Leeching is by definition bad but still Wishmaster and Kila have valid points and I do believe having big members and keeping them bigger then anyone else is definetly good too.

First we have the morale reason as has been stated in this thread before, but there are more.

If you defend your fat members and keep them fat their fleet will grow much faster then anyone else. This means that to launch a valid attack on them other alliances NEED TO send massive waves, all those fleets could be going to smaller members but they are not.

By concentrating the battle at one big "hub" you can actually save a lot of defence fleetslots. Big members home fleet covers a bunch of inc hostiles, big members prod covers some more, and then usually big member is in a good galaxy which makes it easy to cover more hostiles with less green. If you let big member get roided then the next day battle will take place all over the place in crappier galaxies on planets with less home fleet so you will need more defence fleets.

Then ofcourse we have the big planets fleet attacking, which will require a number of defence fleets to be covered. And the big planets fleet defending which can cover most inc by itself.

All of the above reasons assume that the big planet knows how to play his/her role. Should this not be the case then you should raise the argument that this person doesnt know how to play, which is completely unrelated to the valid strategy of keeping some big "flagship" planets.

In the end its all the summed up in the equation of how to most efficiently use fleets. There are different strategies but I feel there is not one of them right while the otherone is wrong.
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 15:38   #31
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Having played with both i gotta say cardi > elviz , cardi is much more of a team player than elviz
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 15:43   #32
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Hey, get your own way of playing pa! In all seriousness though you're quite right. I'm not sure if that's precisely how it works in execution and isn't just about def whoring though. Last night ascendancy were hitting henrik. Prelaunched fr/de fleets have been a big thing with you guys and on a planet like that with so much value in fr/de already that could have been really nasty. So the tick before we launched I got 5 people with fi/co to prelaunch on elviz for that tick. Now to my knowledge henrik is not just some noob. According to the universe screen he has the same number of def fleets sent as elviz. He has more value and had more roids and they're both in top 10 gals. Nonetheless elviz got 5 prelaunched fr/de fleets in def and henrik got zero. Make of that what you will.
If elviz gal has loads of incs, do you expect him to run around and jgp henrik to see if maybe henrik needs prelaunched def? Prelaunched def is a reward for activity. I expected more from you.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 15:55   #33
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Pre-launched def is the reward for inside info hanzi not activity
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 15:59   #34
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

given r30 asc magnanimously scanned ppl that were likely to get incs just so we could use the same type of PL def, since we did so much; so you expect more from JBG? no, you get more from JBG since he organised it so that it was reasonably equitable.
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 16:13   #35
Inforza
Holland is GVD het HARDST

Inforza is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
heh.. attacking in big wave and gettin covered has never demoralised me at least.. maybe some it might :/..
or?
atleast it makes ya emo

WP SiN eXilition 1up CT SubH Ascendancy Apprime
Inforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 16:33   #36
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Pre-launched def is the reward for inside info hanzi not activity
Having no clue about what i am talking about, and still trying to correct me. If you want to improve your impact on discussions, call cains GF, she knows all about great impacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londo
given r30 asc magnanimously scanned ppl that were likely to get incs just so we could use the same type of PL def, since we did so much; so you expect more from JBG? no, you get more from JBG since he organised it so that it was reasonably equitable.
JBGs example was really horrible. Elviz was busy with his own galaxy and tried to sort prelaunched def for his gal! Why on earth would he waste time scanning everyone else to see if they also want some prelaunched def? Elviz have prelaunched def to people outside his own ass and galaxy, just not when his gal had incs. Henrik should have prelaunched his own god damn def!
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 16:35   #37
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

chill niggaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 16:42   #38
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
JBGs example was really horrible. Elviz was busy with his own galaxy and tried to sort prelaunched def for his gal! Why on earth would he waste time scanning everyone else to see if they also want some prelaunched def? Elviz have prelaunched def to people outside his own ass and galaxy, just not when his gal had incs. Henrik should have prelaunched his own god damn def!
U almost sound like henrik and elviz are in separate allies, as tho its no concern of one if the other gets roided.
An ally is about self interest, but it dosnt run without a bit of altruism as well.
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 16:54   #39
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 16 Jul 2009 at 12:59.

hmm

is there a good reason why the VNC comment got removed from the original post ?

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 16:56   #40
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

On a side note, everyone knew what they were getting into pre-round with elviz and cardi as HC. No reason to start complaining about them leeching now. ^^

And cardi's behaviour has improved a LOT since I was ingal with him ~5 rounds ago! (too bad his grammar hasn't...)
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 17:00   #41
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
No?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 17:03   #42
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
U almost sound like henrik and elviz are in separate allies, as tho its no concern of one if the other gets roided.
An ally is about self interest, but it dosnt run without a bit of altruism as well.
Elviz has a lot of apprime galmates to think about, so he has his hands full when his gal get incs. i have said it 3 times now and still you think you make a valid point.
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 17:13   #43
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I believe what hanzi means is that elviz got prelaunched def not (just) because he's a defleech, but because he was actively looking for opportunities to use it. Henrik on the other hand wasn't checking for pl. (I wasn't around, so I'm not 100% sure) It's not about elviz getting more def than Henrik in this particular case.

(and elviz possibly had info as well)
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 17:24   #44
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

I admit i should have used a smaller spoon Patrick, thanks for being able to see things through the eyes of less gifted ones
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 17:44   #45
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden View Post
= shit players.

It's as Golan said, if you've commited def fleets to a planet, you do your best to prevent them getting roided at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 16 Jul 2009 at 12:59.

hmm

baseless accusations?
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 18:19   #46
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
TBH because people expect CarDi/elviz to def whore people send larger waves on them, so they need more defence anyway. Kind of a vicious circle :P
Well thats not exactly true, due to the last time i beleive we hit cardis gal we only managed to send 3 fleets at his planet... and he had enough cover to kill those fleets probably 7 times over which was hillarious when the others in his gal (the apprime planets plus other apprime planets not in his gal) were left to be roided.

I understand of course hes a good player, but surely thats using his authority just a little bit too much?

Edit: Its nice to see him pm me so quick after posting this btw hi cardi u know i love u even though you called me an idiot

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 16 Jul 2009 at 18:27.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 18:31   #47
Dogs

Dogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura aboutDogs has a spectacular aura about

tbh just slightly off context is there a reason why Cardi is not replying to this post? and tbh i too have heard the only thing they dont like in Apprime is cardi

as for def leaching i cant be too certain but what i do know is Elviz is the best!!!!
Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 18:36   #48
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

he is permbanned for racism.
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 18:58   #49
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
he is permbanned for racism.
However he is laughing his ass off on IRC at you all :>
Unread 16 Jul 2009, 19:06   #50
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
However he is laughing his ass off on IRC at you all :>
I feel more sorry for you having to witness his bad english skills on irc then.

Does anyone have proof of him over covering himself btw? Maybe a few j scans or somthing? (im not playing so wouldnt know but to be honest i havent saw any actual evidence yet to prove he is, so was just curious if anyone could maybe back up the statements been said about him?)

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote