User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 13 Aug 2009, 19:44   #1
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point
DLR returns for fall/winter

Well the next round is just around the corner and Dark Lords Rising is returning. Since I'm not particularly good at this kinda thing I'll just quote Grog from our private forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog
OK for those of you who are new to or unfamilar with DLR, I thought I'd explain a few things.
DLR has been around in one form or another pretty much since round 4. We've generally played as a battlegroup within NewDawn, but our members have been spread out over many alliances at various points in time.
We're mostly a group of friends who come up with a plan for our planets before the rounds start & work together on attacks throughout the round. Who's in DLR varies a lot from round to round depending on who's playing, but theres a bunch of us who are always DLR when we're playing.

When you sign up to play with DLR, you give up a little of the traditional choices that players usually have.
We generally decide on 2 or 3 races & keep our members within those races, then we come up with a plan on what ships to build & our members stick to those ships.
That way our fleets tend to fit together very well, both on attacks & on defence.

I think of DLR as a benevolent dictatorship. Everyone is encouraged to voice opinions, input is always welcome, but the final word on things is mine.
We don't have a lot of rules, in general we're all a pretty easy bunch to get along with. But if you piss me off, you may find yourself gone very quickly.

Teamwork is key. As a group we are greater then the sum of our parts. Selfishness isn't tolerated. We don't rush to claim the best targets. We're willing to hit poor targets on occassion just so they get taken.
We build amps & research incoming scans instead of ignoring scans & massing finance centres.
We don't whine, bitch or complain. Sometimes the raids will be late, the scanner might not be on in time, you won't always get defence, you will lose roids. These things happen, they're facts of PA life, when it happens, make the best of it, don't bitch & complain about it.

We don't flagship. I'd much rather we have 20 top 100 planets then 2 planets in the top 10 & only 5 or 6 more in the top 100.
There is ofc a lot of friendly competition between ourselves to try & outperform each other, but it's always better for us all to do well then to have a few do very well.

This is life in DLR, If you don't think you can fit into this description, then maybe this isn't the place for you.
If you like the description you've read, then maybe DLR is the place for you.

If you like what you have just read or want to show support for us, join us in #DLR .
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.

Last edited by JDD; 13 Aug 2009 at 20:02.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2009, 20:34   #2
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: DLR returns for fall/winter

I love how authoritative Grog is and the fact he actually advertises himself as a nazi-style dictator, oh and welcome back o/
Unread 13 Aug 2009, 22:02   #3
puss
ASS HC

puss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the rough

hmmm... yeeeas, well ASS goes for a more relaxed gamestyle where players get all the guidence they want but can make their own decisions, afterall it is their planet. Each to their own though, i guess some players like to not have to think too much

Good luck in the round

PS. I like that you dont support flagshipping and that u go by '****' happens just live with it (yes i starred out the swearing myself cos im special )
Unread 13 Aug 2009, 22:40   #4
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

bah, grog is a pussy compared to me! agree with alot of the post thou except for scans bit. FCs ftw.

gl etc unless ur on the otherside of the war.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2009, 03:20   #5
mPulse
p3nguins Master Chief

mPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of lightmPulse is a glorious beacon of light

Best of luck in the upcoming round. I had the pleasure of playing with some DLR this round and I must say, bang up hard working players.

puss, this is DLR's advert on AR, no need to mention your own alliance

I look forward to seeing ye next round folks. JDD kicks ass!!

http://www.netgamers.org
irc.netgamers.org

Feel free to drop into #netgamers for a chat!
If you have any P related questions just join #cservice

For Planetarion related questions and general game help, please join #Support

NetGamers - Our support staff are fkn awesome.
mPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2009, 13:17   #6
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Good luck DLR, looking forward to some recall-relaunch action from you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
I love how authoritative Grog is and the fact he actually advertises himself as a nazi-style dictator, oh and welcome back o/
I'm the only dictator Lizzie and you know it so well
Unread 14 Aug 2009, 15:27   #7
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

good luck guys you are a class act

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2009, 16:46   #8
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

good luck girls and boys, hope ure gonna have a nice round and pwn like hell!!!
Unread 14 Aug 2009, 18:22   #9
puss
ASS HC

puss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPulse View Post
puss, this is DLR's advert on AR, no need to mention your own alliance
Its on the recruitment forums, we're all recruiting here, mention ur alliances as and wen u wish on my thread, preferably with something constructive written though.

I'm writing something more constructive than... "ur great have a good round " that we can all write over and over in every thread as usual.
I for one think that it could do the alliances some good to actually compare to each other instead of jus sitting stating stuff helps players to understand alliances to chose the one for them Maybe it will even get alliances to show what they really stand for in the discussions that prevail.

Plus I'm bumping their thread to the top of the list by writing here so I'm doing a favour

If im wrong and we are all meant to stick to the standard then im sorry i got the idea of recruitment wrong.

Anywho... again.. gd lk in the next round DLR, not too much tho
Unread 14 Aug 2009, 22:24   #10
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by puss View Post
If im wrong and we are all meant to stick to the standard then im sorry i got the idea of recruitment wrong.
Yes your wrong no matter how you put it.
Unread 15 Aug 2009, 14:25   #11
puss
ASS HC

tehe
Unread 15 Aug 2009, 20:56   #12
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Goodluck Baba, MaD and my sexy Derby buddy, hope to see DLR do well

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2009, 01:37   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Best of luck to DLR, I hope to see you guys competing at the top next round if possible!
Unread 18 Aug 2009, 05:57   #14
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Goodluck dlr best of luck from me and the ec crew

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2009, 01:54   #15
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Nazi style? No-one ever described Hitler as being benevolent.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote