User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:03   #1
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Dear God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit
Ticker will restart

The ticker will restart at midnight tonight (Sunday 14th Dec)
Firstly 'HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA'

Now thats out of my system, nice amount of info you have given there. Perhaps all the people who have been voting and waiting over the last few days at least deserve some explanation on why this decision was made?

Or can we expect that info after you've actually restarted it?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC

Last edited by Maddix; 14 Dec 2003 at 21:11.
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:05   #2
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dear God

P.S. The closing of the voting thread without any explanation as to the decision or the usefulness of the results of the poll is quite amateurish as well.

Sort it out ffs.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:28   #3
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm

I'll limit to a simple LOL
:lol:

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:46   #4
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve

damn saw the topic, and thouht it was a Question to me...

and its directed at mortals
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:57   #5
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Yeah right Stress

Oh well, since there was no rollback it means I got no fleet left. Don't try to roid me, I got my planet closed

edit:
Oh BTW A2, are you gonna separate all free planets from the rankings too? They kinda screwup alliance rankings at them moment....
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 23:37   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This is only an educated guess as to why this decision has been made but here goes:

1) Nobody is currently around that can perform the rollback.
2) If somebody was contacted and available to do the rollback it would probably cause more bugs causing PA to be down longer.
3) It is unfair to end the round now as closed planets need to be removed.
4) It is unfair to end the round now as people havent been given a warning and so havent been able to have end of round battles that may swing the war.

All in all the logical decision was to start PA ticking again and then announce an end time as has been done.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 23:46   #7
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

And a big thank you to NB3 for despite all the flaming being the bigger guy and replacing the losses some of us had due to this downtime.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 23:46   #8
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

tell the truth JC its only ticking so that hirr can climb that cliff
so dont lie ffs

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 23:53   #9
PowerAbusingMod

Ticks shouldn't restart
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 23:54   #10
Zzz
Lemming

Zzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
its only ticking so that hirr can climb that cliff
Climbing cliffs is what we are here for...
Zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 00:26   #11
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point

ah well, we did vote for the end, but nm!
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 00:42   #12
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix
quite amateurish
Welcome to Planetarion.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 02:55   #13
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Seems fairly straightforward - the majority of voters were against ending the round and the largest part of them voted for no rollback.

So here we are.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 03:03   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
Seems fairly straightforward - the majority of voters were against ending the round and the largest part of them voted for no rollback.

So here we are.

Quiet you, PAteam has never made a decision the majority supported. I refuse to believe this blatant propaganda!
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 03:11   #15
Salt

Salt is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Quiet you, PAteam has never made a decision the majority supported. I refuse to believe this blatant propaganda!
Funny to point this out considering that the poll was closed right after the "continue" option had pulled ahead for the first time after 2+ days of voting.
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 03:29   #16
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

That's not the way I saw it. Except for at the very start of the poll the total votes for options 1 & 2 was always greater than the votes for option 3.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 03:41   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt
Funny to point this out considering that the poll was closed right after the "continue" option had pulled ahead for the first time after 2+ days of voting.
Many things in life are funny. This is just one of a multitude. Good point though, taking the larger number of people polled over the smaller number wasn't a good idea at all. I apologise for our insolence and will try harder next time.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 05:50   #18
Salt

Salt is an unknown quantity at this point

I never stated that going along with the majority was a bad idea so I fail to see what your pathetic attempts at sarcasm have to do with my post. I merely pointed out that the poll was closed shortly after the option to continue had finally pulled ahead.

While both options 1 & 2 agreed to continue on with the round you can't say with 100% certainty that all votes for #2 would have wanted the round to go on if they couldn't get their ships/roids back. Luckily NB3 stepped up and actually did something constructive and helpful for these people rather than giving us the standard excuse of having his hands tied in the situation.
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 06:08   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt
I never stated that going along with the majority was a bad idea so I fail to see what your pathetic attempts at sarcasm have to do with my post. I merely pointed out that the poll was closed shortly after the option to continue had finally pulled ahead.
In case you're wondering we hadn't made up our minds before the thread and it wasn't some sort of cynical ploy to convince people we care what they think (which is what I inferred from your post).
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 11:25   #20
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
In case you're wondering we hadn't made up our minds before the thread and it wasn't some sort of cynical ploy to convince people we care what they think (which is what I inferred from your post).
I don't think that is what he was inferring, more along the lines of snapping the poll closed as soon as "keep the gaming running" pipped ahead because either noone had the access to perform a round end procedure, or noone expected the "end the round now" option to get that many votes so it was never intended as a realistic option.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote