User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 11 Nov 2005, 17:46   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Router suggestions

So I went through the Linksys WAG54Gv2 which was utter shite. This Netgear DG834G was stable for a few weeks then all of a sudden went into nightmare mode - every fix only works for like 5 minutes so you think it's working fine then the next minute, problem occurs again. I thought I had just fixed it just now uninstalling QoS alas, no - only websites are working now - P2P & Games don't want to work. I've tried everything with the help given in this forum.

Therefore, any other suggestions for a wireless router w/ADSL modem that WON'T give me problems w/ Games & P2P? I have a budget of £70.

Thanks all.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 10:09   #2
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Router suggestions

I have this. I cant fault it in anyway. Its easy to configure for P2P and Games. All you need to do is open a few ports. Its also well within your budget.
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 17:24   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Cheers dude.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 18:16   #4
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Mine also came with a lifetime guarantee. Im not sure if they still do it but its a bonus if they do