User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 May 2005, 17:42   #1
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
Covert Ops - Havoc

Anyone enjoy blowing up peoples structures?

I was wondering does value come into the formula? I ve taken out about 12 structs off one planet in the last 48 hrs. All his ship factories(including one rebuilt), some mine factories, and some finance centres.

Does anyone know if ships in production finsh if you blowup a ship factory until you rebuild or do they finish?

I have yet to kill any amps/distorters, what xp gain, if any, do i get for doing cov ops?

Being a cath i have found cov ops quite amusing to while away the last few days of the round.

Cheers
tsm
Unread 19 May 2005, 17:59   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Covert Ops - Havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
Anyone enjoy blowing up peoples structures?
Only to irritate others most people enjoy resource transfers more.

Quote:
I was wondering does value come into the formula? I ve taken out about 12 structs off one planet in the last 48 hrs. All his ship factories(including one rebuilt), some mine factories, and some finance centres.
Where? the covert op forumla is given in the manual, and that's not related to value. The only thing (as far as I know) related to value is resource transfers, where that affects the % of resources you steal.

Quote:
Does anyone know if ships in production finsh if you blowup a ship factory until you rebuild or do they finish?
Once ordered, ship orders can only be stopped by that "cancel" link.

Quote:
I have yet to kill any amps/distorters, what xp gain, if any, do i get for doing cov ops?
You get more XP the harder the covert op (and I assume the more agents you get through)
tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like:
number_of_agents*covert_op_hardness (where the hardness is 1-7, database hacking- havoc respectively).
However, only someone with access to the code (Kal / Kloopy / etc) can say for sure, if they're willing to give out the formula.
Unread 19 May 2005, 18:17   #3
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

Cheers for the info, just figured out how to do a proper res steal!

wow it rocks!!!

stole 45k of each res for 6 agents. Cool!

tsm

Last edited by TheShadowMan; 19 May 2005 at 18:18. Reason: mistype on # of agents
TheShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2005, 18:19   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yes, the amount stolen per agent I worked out from someone's covert op is something like 1.5-2k*theirvalue/your value capped at 7.5k per agent (it's actually around 2k, iirc)