User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Jun 2004, 12:23   #1
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
God damn GO AWAY NASTY HELICOPTER -anyone have an RPG handy?

Right now I cant hear myself think with all the Black Hawk helicopters buzzing around my work like some hideous Blue-Bottles around a festering corpse.

Mr. Bush is coming here today, to Shannon. There’s an EU US summit going ahead tonight in Dromoland Castle down the road and the largest security operation in the history of the Irish state is going on to protect the Bushwhacker from ‘harm’.

Thing is, my workplace is directly next to the airport and can just about view the runway where AirForce One will land. Yet this morning while coming in through this “massive cordon of steel” I was only stopped and my Industrial Estate pass checked once while PARKING.
These passes that we were issued with could be faked so easily and the ‘security’ breached so simply I’d say Al Queda couldn’t launch an attack because they are laughing so hard.

Then ofc I realise that the main security that’s about it going to be in operation later today. They have tanks, armoured cars, american missile batteries, black hawk helicopters, troops, cops, riot cops, barriers etc. What the hell are they expecting exactly? A full scale assault by a organised army?

Bah this thing is costing millions and millions for some wanker who the entire Irish public doesn’t want here. Plus this is just pissing everyone off further, meaning bigger larger protests. However we are not allowed within 10 miles of Dromoland castle to protest or make a point. Clearly since the government ignores the wishes of everyone they don’t want noisey protests to disturb his highness the king of monkeys.

**** sake I hate this shit, a helicopter is hovering over our building right now. We cant concentrate, we cant take calls either as the person on the other end cant hear us.

****ing americans.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 12:29   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: God damn GO AWAY NASTY HELICOPTER -anyone have an RPG handy?

Sounds pretty cool, thats how I'd want my president to travel around.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 12:36   #3
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Well it'd be cool if I was outside watching it, not inside trying to work while helicopters hover overhead.

Incidently, in the cubicle next to me, the PC just pretty much exploded in a flash of blue sparks and a very loud bang. IT THE AMERICANS I TELL YOU! I'll bet that they used their evil secret microwave ray gun to do that.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 12:48   #4
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wouldnt be happy if I knew I needed all that stuff because the rest of the world hated me.

Also - think what the security will be like in Turkey with the Nato summit, bet its 10x as large.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 13:05   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've got Torment here, if that counts.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 13:43   #6
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Was out talking to one of the female cops who's posted at the junction where our building is. She was as bemused at the whole thing as we were. She was dissapointed that she didnt get posted on the building tops like some of the cops, apparently they are busy sitting down and sunning themselves :P

The stink of aviation fuel outside is unbelievable. There are helicopters everywhere. I might throw a firecracker at the army post to see what happens hehe.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 13:53   #7
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

wouldnt it be absoultely ace if a black hawk was shot down and hordes of Irish began attacking the pilots. JUST LIKE IN MOGADISHU.

later it would be called 'Crossing the Irish line'
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 13:53   #8
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

RPG - Roleplaying Game?
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 13:58   #9
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

I would have thought that making excessive noise was illegal. Phone the police and see what they think. If they disagree phone a judge. You might want to make the calls from inside a sound-proof box, though.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 14:04   #10
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Erm well I wont have to go call a Judge, theres one down the road in the makshift detention centre they have created in a warehouse. They've put in cages just like Guantanamo Bay and have a Judge there to 'deal with' anyone who "steps out of line"

in this country "stepping out of line" would include waking the Upper Class inbred drunken idiot judge from his sleep.

The noise seems to have died down, all the helicopters are refueling and I suspect gone to lunch.
*Headline*
Al Queda attack catches security 'at lunch'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
RPG - Roleplaying Game?
Was thinking more along the lines of a Rocket Propelled Grenade. I could try attacking with Thor's Flaming Hammer Of Might but the helicopter has +1 Enchanted Armour so I dont think it'll have much effect.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 14:15   #11
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Was thinking more along the lines of a Rocket Propelled Grenade. I could try attacking with Thor's Flaming Hammer Of Might but the helicopter has +1 Enchanted Armour so I dont think it'll have much effect.
Borrow his

+5 Migrane infliction
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 15:45   #12
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Ooo legions of riot cops are now sitting outside on the grass drinking tea.

I was thinking of trying to steal a tear gas canister.
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 16:23   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if youd planned for this it couldve been so much better

Airsoft sites have smoke grenades of various colours and flashbangs. Imagine just 'dropping' one of those out the office window when going to the toilet.

Billowing yellow smoke that can be seen by everyone...

or an increadibly loud bang and then a flash of magneisum blinding anyone who looks at it.

ho ho ho
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 16:53   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The question everyone is asking themselves - if you had a Bazooka, could you take out Air Force One from your cubicle?
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 17:32   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Here

Quote:
President Bush is expected to be on Irish soil for just over 18 hours but his visit is estimated to cost the state £2.1m.
ffs!
Unread 25 Jun 2004, 17:41   #16
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

According to the Census undertaken in April 2002, Ireland's population is 3,917,203 persons

lets assume that the population is around 4 million today

each of you is paying about 50p to finance bush in ireland today.

bush isnt worth a penny
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 12:34   #17
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Actually the total cost of the operation was around €10million. For that ****.

I went protesting on Friday night anyway, only got into shannon because I bullshitted my way past two cops from Donegal who hadn't a clue where they were or what they should be doing.

They stopped buses and buses of people from entering Shannon for the protest, then claimed that turnout was low. OFC it was low you ****ing facist wankers, you stopped ppl coming in.

Anyway, got my head on Sky news shouting abuse at Bush's motorcade from about 400metres away (Where we were stopped)

There ended up being about 1000 protestors, most were ppl who were from shannon and others who came from around the area. There were 3,500 cops.

Some what of a mismatch there. I was never so pissed off at the cops in my life. Before I thought that they were ok, just doing their job. They went out of their way to be obstrutive, antagonstic and provoking.
One bitch marched her riot control horse into the crowd as we were walking to the airport. There was no need, she just walked it in, pushing, kicking and hurting people, then walked it back out.
For no reason.
6 lines of cops were waiting for us at the end point. All of which has clubs in hands. They had the army behind them looking through their scopes at us.

All of which was designed to ensure that Mr.Bush was as insulated from everyone in Ireland's true feelings as possible.

Even on Saturday the protestors were kept 5 miles away from the Castle. Water cannon, riot cops and hunders of soldiers ensuring that our voice was not heard.
Right to protest my ARSE.

Last edited by IncubusGod; 28 Jun 2004 at 12:46.
IncubusGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 13:01   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Did you burn Bush?
I saw that on the news......
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 13:18   #19
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Dromoland sounds like such a funny place.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 13:24   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
One bitch marched her riot control horse into the crowd as we were walking to the airport. There was no need, she just walked it in, pushing, kicking and hurting people, then walked it back out.
Welcome to the violence inherent in the system.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 13:37   #21
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

To be honest, I would have gladly spent the night in their makeshift jail if I could have only thrown something fairly blunt and heavy at Bush or his limo.

With the whole police operation, the army, the helicopters hovering overheard letting us know they are watching every move, the arrogant and provocative cops,the APCs, the tanks,the riot cops, the restritcions on travel, having to explain your every move, having to ask permisson to go to work...I've never felt so powerless and oppressed by 'the system'.
Sitting there everyone said it, we're powerless. Its a horrible feeling. Made me want to do something about it, but what...
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 13:54   #22
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Actually the total cost of the operation was around €10million. For that ****.
So, that's about £1.50 for every person in Ireland. In comparison, we apparently pay 61p per person to support our monarchy for an entire year.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 14:22   #23
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Was out talking to one of the female cops who's posted at the junction where our building is. She was as bemused at the whole thing as we were. She was dissapointed that she didnt get posted on the building tops like some of the cops, apparently they are busy sitting down and sunning themselves :P

The stink of aviation fuel outside is unbelievable. There are helicopters everywhere. I might throw a firecracker at the army post to see what happens hehe.
I like the firecraker idea, you should try it out and see what incoming you receive; patriot missiles, B52`s, cruise missiles etc, the works! Should liven things up a bit.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 14:24   #24
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
I like the firecraker idea, you should try it out and see what incoming you receive; patriot missiles, B52`s, cruise missiles etc, the works!
That'd be kinda hard seeing as how the entire 18 hours he was here has now expired.
He's been gone since Saturday and the cops,army,riot squad have all gone too.
This place is the ghost town it once was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
So, that's about £1.50 for every person in Ireland. In comparison, we apparently pay 61p per person to support our monarchy for an entire year.
:eek:

fs now THATS annoying.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 14:25   #25
evil one
banana

evil one is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
To be honest, I would have gladly spent the night in their makeshift jail if I could have only thrown something fairly blunt and heavy at Bush or his limo.

With the whole police operation, the army, the helicopters hovering overheard letting us know they are watching every move, the arrogant and provocative cops,the APCs, the tanks,the riot cops, the restritcions on travel, having to explain your every move, having to ask permisson to go to work...I've never felt so powerless and oppressed by 'the system'.
Sitting there everyone said it, we're powerless. Its a horrible feeling. Made me want to do something about it, but what...
I think that's how it feels to be a palestine
evil one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 14:38   #26
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil one
I think that's how it feels to be a palestine
Actually while walking along, there were ppl with Palestinian flags. They reminded me that this is what is must be like for the palestinans as you said, only 10 times worse for them.

I've never been so dissillusioned about the way the world is going as I am now. What pissed me off even more is the amount of people here who didnt bother their arse to protest even though they might hate the idea of that man coming here and his policies as much as I did.

People slag off some of the more marginalised, hippy-ish, alternative people who were around and protesting, who protest about environmental issues, about policy, about they way things are run. But at least these people have the guts to do it.
These people are pointing out the injustices of the world, are taking police and army beatings for the sake of freedom and all most people do is regard them with derision.
What sickens me more than the wankers who sit in the plush chairs of their old boys club and decide how our lives are run, are the people who dont bother to stand up to them even though they might hate their policies.

Everyone I knew was saying "screw that butcher" etc. When I called them to go protest they weren't interested.

Consider me one pissed off political acivist from now on.
If only more people went on the march, they might have experienced what this world has become.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 14:56   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Everyone I knew was saying "screw that butcher" etc. When I called them to go protest they weren't interested.
I have some sympathy for their apathy (woah, poetry). Most people know the current political system sucks. True, they don't know it, not like someone who has been assaulted by the police, or like someone who lives in the occupied territories, etc. But they are dimly aware. Why should they bother to march somewhere, stand about (sometimes it's raining, etc) when it won't achieve anything apart from being depressing? Obviously I don't support that sort of attitude, but it's understandable.

I'm pretty convinced the strongest political movements are made where you're not entirely depending on altruism (or whatever you wish to call it, compassion maybe). Workers struggles are strong because people are struggling directly for their conditions and the wages that sustain their family. Etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 15:28   #28
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm pretty convinced the strongest political movements are made where you're not entirely depending on altruism (or whatever you wish to call it, compassion maybe). Workers struggles are strong because people are struggling directly for their conditions and the wages that sustain their family. Etc.
That is true, however we expected a larger turnout from the loca area since this entire operation ment their day to day lives were disrupted beyond what is reasonable.
People I work with were not left leave the industrial estate to go home on Friday. They had to take a cab all the way back about 10 miles, take a backroad and then show their passes, submit to a search and wait in a queue to get home within sight of the industrial estate they had just been working in.
Others were not left leave the town. Everyone had to submit to searches, questions, passes to go and do anything. This is not reasonable yet most never bothered to join the protest.
Hundreds stood around on the roads in watching but would not march. Even with their livleyhood affected,their personal rights affected, their freedom of movement restricted and cut off in most cases they still didn't bother to protest.

If they wouldnt join in, then Im not supprised that pretty much no-one else from around the area & country showed up.

People are too apathetic in this country nowadays. This is the case in most EU countries. We've all become too fat and spoiled. I'm just wondering what kind of actions will bring people out to protest anymore.
The goverment here is as arrogant and blinkerd as can be. They ignore they public and treat people with contempt. The minister for finance didnt even bother to turn up to present a finance bill recently. He was too busy at the horse racing in Cheltenham.He even took the government jet over.
They passed a referendum to restrict the rights to citizenship, lied to the public, syphoned off money for their own causes. Paid for the construction of various projects for their 'buddies' in certain organistations. Cut spending and how now raked in 30% more tax than they expected,enough to cover the cuts yet they wont. They've ignored their promises on health reform. There are hundreds of people on trollys in hallways and even store rooms in hospitals yet nothing is being done.
And STILL people are apathetic.

It really gets under my skin.