User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Nov 2003, 16:52   #1
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Hygiene discussion

OK here is the situation

I work with a guy who lives his life on the internet and he is quite a nice guy, but he has always had a bit of a hygiene problem. Anyway in the last few weeks he has been really stinky almost every day. Anyway lately the girls and I have complained about the lack of personal hygiene and how it makes it a unpleasant environment for everyone.

Anyway my boss ended up getting HR in and they have threatened him with disciplinary action if he doesn’t improve.

I agree with it and want it, but what grounds is it a disciplinary breach?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 17:03   #2
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hygiene discussion

yes, but i am not sure that poor hygiene qualifies as a disciplinary offence. It may be socially unacceptable, but for what grounds is it a disciplinary offence.

Could it also infringe is basic human rights as it could be construed as a form of discrimination...
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 17:04   #3
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

LIBERAL IDEALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

Shocker?
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 17:05   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Could it also infringe is basic human rights as it could be construed as a form of discrimination...

What?

Backing up quickly towards reality it's probably not conducive to a harmonious working atmosphere and you could get him under that. Probably easier to drop a few hints I would have thought though.
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 17:58   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That was harsh.

Someone should have had a word with him before they brought "disciplinary action" against him.

Sucks to be him etc.
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 20:38   #6
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

i have this problem with a few other people.

just tell them they have a b.o problem and hopefully theyll respect you for it (i hope)
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 21:14   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I ever become a capitalist pig-dog with my own firm, I shall have an anonymous e-mail address for my employees so people can be told (anonymously) that they smell/are shit/really should stop dressing like a 'tard.

[edit]But yeah, idi is right - most contracts of employment have something in them about being appropriately dressed for work, etc. If he has a genuine 'disability' then they probably couldn't fire him for it though[/edit]
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 12:38   #8
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

agreed
if somebody smells then u should have the right to fire them
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 14:32   #9
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpig #1
agreed
if somebody smells then u should have the right to fire them
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 14:42   #10
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know I worked with you Rumad. You should have said something more specific and I would have washed. I don't think I spell that bad. Sure, the 'juices' down below have kind of crusted up and are releasing an 'odour' but you know, I kind of like cheese.

Bully
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 15:04   #11
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Hang a few dozen airfresheners from each of your monitors; maybe he'll get the point.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 19:33   #12
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
If I ever become a capitalist pig-dog with my own firm, I shall have an anonymous e-mail address for my employees so people can be told (anonymously) that they smell/are shit/really should stop dressing like a 'tard.
sued for promoting sexual harassment in the workplace
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote