User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jan 2005, 11:16   #51
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So I smoke too much

Tar comes from the burning. more is added to the cigarette to make it burn easier and quicker.
Saying it grows containing tar is misleading, tar is just the name given to the byproducts of the burning process.
Quite a few chemicals are added in the manufacture of cigarettes though that aren't naturally found in tobacco.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 16:34   #52
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
what's in it for the tobacco producers ? you'll keep on smoking anyway
more people would smoke if there were no health risk.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 16:57   #53
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
more people would smoke if there were no health risk.
That seems like a mute point to me, nicotine in itself is a health risk. As that article I linked to earlier states, there is no such thing as a 'safe' ciggerette.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 16:59   #54
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
That seems like a mute point to me, nicotine in itself is a health risk. As that article I linked to earlier states, there is no such thing as a 'safe' ciggerette.
more people would smoke if you got rid of the cancer risk.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 17:03   #55
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
more people would smoke if you got rid of the cancer risk.
heh, what could a person possibly inhail that isn't in some way carcinogenic?

I could be wrong but I believe even normal wood smoke is capable of causing cancer (prolonged exposure that is).
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 17:06   #56
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
heh, what could a person possibly inhail that isn't in some way carcinogenic?

I could be wrong but I believe even normal wood smoke is capable of causing cancer (prolonged exposure that is).
something that they could exhale without depositing any tar on the lungs.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 17:18   #57
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
something that they could exhale without depositing any tar on the lungs.
You know, it's actually impossible to exhale every last bit of air from your lungs (go ahead and try though), there will always be a small percentage remaining. Throughout the entire duration of the cigarette (heh, I even spelt it right this time) your lungs will be in constant contact with this poluted air, plenty of time to absorb impurities within the smoke particles.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 17:24   #58
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
You know, it's actually impossible to exhale every last bit of air from your lungs (go ahead and try though), there will always be a small percentage remaining. Throughout the entire duration of the cigarette (heh, I even spelt it right this time) your lungs will be in constant contact with this poluted air, plenty of time to absorb impurities within the smoke particles.
if the smoke you inhale doesn't deposit any tar on the lungs then it doesn't matter whether the smoke comes out on the first exhale, the second or the hundreth
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 17:32   #59
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
if the smoke you inhale doesn't deposit any tar on the lungs then it doesn't matter whether the smoke comes out on the first exhale, the second or the hundreth
I think you missed my point. Tar while certainly one of the bigger offenders when it comes to the unhealthy effects of a cigarette is not the only one. If the tar doesn't kill you there are 101 other chemicals & compounds (even naturally occuring ones) that can give you cancer. A molecule of tar is probably too bug to be absorbed through the lining of the lungs to enter the bloodstream directly but clearly it does form deposits.

However some of the other offenders exist in particles that are small enough to be absorbed directly and frankly I'd be more concerned with them as they will have a more immediate effect on health.

So you remove tar altogether, whoopti-doo ...the health benifits are minimal as there are plenty of other nasty things in cigarettes willing to take its place as carcinogen of the day.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 17:34   #60
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
I think you missed my point. Tar while certainly one of the bigger offenders when it comes to the unhealthy effects of a cigarette is not the only one. If the tar doesn't kill you there are 101 other chemicals & compounds (even naturally occuring ones) that can give you cancer. A molecule of tar is probably too bug to be absorbed through the lining of the lungs to enter the bloodstream directly but clearly it does form deposits.

However some of the other offenders exist in particles that are small enough to be absorbed directly and frankly I'd be more concerned with them as they will have a more immediate effect on health.

So you remove tar altogether, whoopti-doo ...the health benifits are minimal as there are plenty of other nasty things in cigarettes willing to take its place as carcinogen of the day.
you listen to far too much anti smoking propaganda.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 17:52   #61
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
you listen to far too much anti smoking propaganda.
Actually I try to avoid it altogether. My science is sound, infact most of it is just basic biology. Part of respiration requires the body to absorb oxygen via the lungs, but there is no magical oxygen only filter in there other things if small enough can too. Look at carbon monoxide for example.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 19:11   #62
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For Yahwe:
" the practice of ingesting the smoke from a smoldering leaf generates an enormous number of active chemical compounds, loosely lumped together as 'tar', many of which are biologically reactive and potential health dangers. Nevertheless, the practice of chewing tobacco, which does not involve heat and therefore does not generate these compounds, is also carcinogenic. There are around 3000 chemicals found in tobacco smoke"
link.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 12:09   #63
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Drink loads of water. If that does not help, drink loads of water.

(just started again after four months of not smoking. I really suck. I never have difficulty stopping (Iīd do that week without problems) or not smoking when Iīm not allowed. Itīs just that I miss it so much I start smoking one a day, then up to five, on to 10 a day now. God I wish I lacked the money for it!)
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 12:12   #64
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn

(just started again after four months of not smoking. I really suck. I never have difficulty stopping (Iīd do that week without problems) or not smoking when Iīm not allowed. Itīs just that I miss it so much I start smoking one a day, then up to five, on to 10 a day now. God I wish I lacked the money for it!)

Exactly same for me, I've stopped 5 months and 10 weeks until I believed I can smoke one just for the taste of it during a piss up.
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 12:15   #65
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

EX-ACT-LY Silver!
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 12:23   #66
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

when i gave up at xmas (ive since started again, cuh) i smoked crappy 'legal high' things that didnt actually get you high, they were just a herbal mixture basically. But, the act of rolling a fag, putting it in my mouth, and smoking really kicked some of the craving in the teeth. Im sure it must take away at least some of the psychological addiction

also, i feel for you, i like to smoke too, but my family absolutely HATE it, the first thing they ever used to ask when they saw me was 'have you given up smoking'? in reply to which i lit up. now i just dont smoke when im living at home but start again when im in manchester, its a topsy turvy life.
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 12:46   #67
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

An update

I managed a week, i won the bet. Last night I lit my first fag it didnt taste great, however ive been up since 8am and ive had 2 which is bloody good, so the future is looking good.
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 15:03   #68
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
An update

I managed a week, i won the bet. Last night I lit my first fag it didnt taste great, however ive been up since 8am and ive had 2 which is bloody good, so the future is looking good.

I dont want to pour scorn on this achievement. But surely its all or nothing? Either you dont smoke, or you smoke as much as your lungs and brain can take. Why go to the half way house and torture yourself by only smoking a few, thinking about your next ciggie constantly?
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 15:15   #69
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
i wish.
i just don't understand why when we know exactly which bit of inhaling burned tobacco leaves is dangerous we don't just change the tobacco leaves

selective breeeding never tried. genetic manipulation again no one's tried.
why?
Tar is a name we give to all carbonic compounds that arenīt totally used in the reaction of combining a given substance with oxygen.
Inhaling smoke is inhaling compounds combined with oxigen, but HAVE FAILED to achieve the pure C and H2O combination they would want to be.
So to make smoking safe you would have to stop combining it with oxygen.

Combining with oxygen is a smart manīs name for burning. SO: you can manipulate all you want, but if you lite it, and smoke comes from it, itīs going to kill you if you inhale it non stop for a few years.

Henceforth I think the proposition to genetically manipulate the plants hints at utter ludicrous stupidity.

So thatīs why.
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 17:57   #70
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
I dont want to pour scorn on this achievement. But surely its all or nothing? Either you dont smoke, or you smoke as much as your lungs and brain can take. Why go to the half way house and torture yourself by only smoking a few, thinking about your next ciggie constantly?
aggreed, but I enjoy smoking, so ill keep this enjoyment and cut down atm
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 18:07   #71
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

good luck, you can always try buying patches and wearing em on the sly. No more cravingsThey cost about 20 yoyos or if ur in engerland you can get em on the nhs.

A few things also to remember. Craving last onlky 5 seconds, the rest is you brain fcukin with you.

I'm off em for 31 days now with the help of patches.

My problem is that I smoke dope, but have circumvented this now by smoking pipoes with no tobacoo mixed and also doing yogurts since it hurts my throat with the pipe more often than not

I used to smoke 20-40 a day so do try and give up but only give up when you want else you wont be able to

This week i dropped from 15mg patches to 10mg patches. So I'm still dealing with my addiction.

Hope this helps ya out a bit

Oh yeah keep your fingers busy helps out a lot and dont replace food craving for ciggie cravings.

tsm