User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jul 2004, 03:35   #1
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
Kev Smith fans

I see from the viewaskew site that a 10th anniversary edition of Clerks is getting released in the us start of september.
Since there are a few of Mr Smith's fans here, and lots of people who like to peruse film release dates and the like, does anyone know if this 10th anniversary edition will be released in the uk? I was about two clicks away from buying an original release from some obscure and dodgy looking dvd site till i noticed the spanking looking anniversary edition was on its way to the us shops.
I want it, last dvd to complete the collection.
Well, till Jersey girl comes out........
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 03:40   #2
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Re: Kev Smith fans

dunno...I'm not seeing any information on a region 2 release. Happen to have a region 1 DVD player lying about?
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 09:02   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've no solid information, but I would certainly imagine so. The other DVDs are out and it seems stupid not to release it here. Probably a rights issue - don't Artificial Eye own the video rights in the UK? They mainly do World CInema and I've not seen much of their stuff on DVD.

It's probably not going to do any harm buying the US version tbh (unless you've not got a region free player).

On a side note, has anyone actually seen Jersey Girl? I thought it was just one of those day-time TV movies you end up watching when you're unemployed/a student/incredibly bored and at home.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 14:40   #4
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Er. Rather than release a tenth aniversery thing of an existing film, wouldn''t it be prudent to release a brand new one?
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 17:45   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Er. Rather than release a tenth aniversery thing of an existing film, wouldn''t it be prudent to release a brand new one?
You mean like Jersey Girl (2004)?

Oh well done sir
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 19:51   #6
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

i hear old films never sell when re-released.
hence DVD only ever has brand new films.
No one wants an old film with lots of special features and behind the scenes info etc.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 21:09   #7
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You mean like Jersey Girl (2004)?

Oh well done sir
Arsebiscuits.

Should have done more* research there

*some
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 21:46   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I would imagine we will get a uk release, just if its like "Mallrats" and "Evening with Kevin Smith" it wont be for a LONG time after.

Oh and JBOY dont rush out and buy Jersey girl immediatly. As you may or may not know Miramax are rushing it out so theres going to be a bare bones release first followed up later by a decent release a few months down the line. And after all you wont be wanting to miss out on another excellent VA commentary track
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 22:54   #9
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
i hear old films never sell when re-released.
hence DVD only ever has brand new films.
No one wants an old film with lots of special features and behind the scenes info etc.
Interesting...I have several that almost pre-date VHS on DVD.
Unread 16 Jul 2004, 08:17   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
Interesting...I have several that almost pre-date VHS on DVD.
Sarcasm passed you by then?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2004, 14:07   #11
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Erm i pritty sure i was told that it will be having a UK release for the 10th anniversary when i was looking for it, not realising it hadnt been released on DVD.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote