User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 10:24   #1
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
When Archaelogical Digs go WRONG!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Experts called in to examine rocks unearthed during a garden makeover were convinced they had found a unique Viking settlement.

But they were left red-faced after months of excavation work found nothing more than an old garden patio.......

....Mr Speirs admitted that his team mistakenly ignored the finds of a World War II child's gas mask and old television remote in their hunt for Viking evidence.

I would of loved for it to of been Time Team there doing a live show. I'd pay to see Tony Robinson come a proper cropper on TV.

I am curious though if there's been any other monumental whoopsie's on the archaelogical scale(Comedy Dinosaurs never exsisted option).

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 10:38   #2
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Re: When Archaelogical Digs go WRONG!

Theres loads:

Piltdown man of course.
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/4841...reat_hoax.html
is the funneh.

Theres probs loads; google is your friend.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 10:42   #3
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Google used to be my friend.

Then they changed it's search criteria so many times it became wank.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 10:58   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

they have to change its search criteria every so often so that ppl cant googlebomb etc their way to the top