User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:46   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It's my (second) driving test tomorrow...

...and better still, I have it on good authority that my arch-nemesis (the chief examiner for the area, who failed me last time on some tiny technicality) has the week off.
On the downside, the weather forcast is for freezing fog and rain in the morning, thus making perfect conditions for my test at 15:27

Anyone wanna suggest some odds?
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:47   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: It's my (second) driving test tomorrow...

People always fail second time round.

ALWAYS

Sometimes they don't though
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:49   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't want to learn to drive.

When I first typed that out, I typed 'lurn'. My mind isn't working*.

*lolonever works
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:51   #4
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

got it the first time
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:54   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

no-one likes a smartass

My failure on the first one was basicly because I went the wrong way, which theoretically they're not allowed to fail you for, but he managed to construe it so I apparently did something else (can't quite remember what and I havn't got the report handy). In other words, he was every bit as much of an arsehole as you'd expect the chief examiner to be. His attitude wasn't much better either ("well I thought I told you to go that way..." etc).
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 20:59   #6
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Maybe you are just cack
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:01   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

lies!
lies and slander!*

*(probably true)
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:12   #8
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

i think he sounds like a tit, but they are under an obligation to fail as many people as possible to make more money! i failed the second time aswell for going througha red light hohohoh. i passed the third time so watch out if you're driving in Reading.

good luck! and btw at about that time in winter the sun is very low and very annoying, so maybe you should get some of those glasses which change into sunglasses!
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:14   #9
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Driving Examiners suck anyway,

Evil, nasty people who tend to pass the idiots and fail the people who can actually drive
Then again I failed my first mainly because i did my manouvers "too slow", just like my instructor always told me to... So I'm blaming him.

3rd March Ahoy
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:15   #10
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Well it's gonna be cloudy tomorrow so it doesn't really matter.
Also I've been told examiners hate shades with a passion cos then they can't see your eye movements and thus find it harder to see if you're checking your mirrors - especially the rearview before sharp braking etc, cos you don't tend to move your head for that one.

PS. yes he was a tit
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:17   #11
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

my first test i had a jamaican dude and i couldn't understand a word he said it was like:

"so what would you like to be called?"
"sorry what was that?"
"what would you like me to call you?"
".....yes."
"no, shall i call you richard?"
"oh, yes."

silly man
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:18   #12
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

My manouvers are no problem, I can do those til the cows come home (even Mr Chief Examiner couldn't find anything wrong with them).
If there's one thing I'm not looking forward to it's roundabouts.
There are only two on this test area route, and they're BOTH massive ones on the main ring-road into nottingham. The lanes don't go where you think they should, especially if you come at them from any entrance that isn't the ringroad itself - on one approach you have to be in the far right hand lane (out of 3) in order to go straight on.
Confusing or what?
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:21   #13
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

big roundabouts suck. i avoid them at all costs but i didn't go through any on my test, except one but that was just easy!
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:35   #14
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
(can't quite remember what and I havn't got the report handy).
You really SHOULD know why you didn't pass by tomorrow...
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 21:38   #15
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Not really, it's not important.
If it was a recurring fault like, say, repeatedly forgetting to indicate when changing lanes or something then yeah I should, but it wasn't. When all's said and done I went the wrong way and got screwed for a technicality - that's not something you can plan against in the future so why bother looking it up? I've got enough to worry about just making sure I keep on top of the stress and drive as I know I can do, without thinking about the git who failed me last time.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 22:12   #16
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People who don't pass their driving test first time are stupid.

I passed first time.

I went out on the first day of the new longer test (25 minutes instead of 20) and ended up being out for 45 minutes (driving all the time ... i made ZERO mistakes in the first half hour then in the last 15 minutes the pressure started to tell and i got a few* minors**) because of the bastard Examiner.

* 9 :shrug: SHUT UP

** minor mistakes not minors as in children
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 22:55   #17
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

25 bloody minutes? what?!
The current UK ones are 45.

Git.
Unread 18 Dec 2003, 23:05   #18
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo
got it the first time
so did I

we are superior

:Gandalf:
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 07:05   #19
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

I failed first time with only three minors (three 'majors' too, one was leaving indicater on after geting on duel-carrageway and one other equally as stupid, both of which shouldnt have been majors, but did sorta pull out infrount of a hgv (oops))

Passed second time but did just chat to the tester all the way through the test.

btw did you know the only qualification needed to be a tester is to have held a licence for 5 years, you never have to have taught people to drive and there isnt a large amount of training - this kinda surprised me.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 10:49   #20
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

I passed the second time. Heh, in my test I got stuck behind a slow (5-10mph) tractor on a very busy country lane, twice. and I had to overtake it despite never having overtaken anyone before. twas cool. The examiner was really nice about it though.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 10:54   #21
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

I failed my first time for going too slow (40mph on some country road where the limit was 60mph). Due to the fact it was wet weather, I thought I'd get points for driving safe. Asshole. Once I knew I'd failed I went to pieces, stopping at a green light and such : )
My passing test was much better. Seems the examiner knew my driving instructor from school £££. Not that I made many mistakes though, only 3 minors.

bbl, need to go buy a new headlight now...
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 12:21   #22
Work_Child
Banned

Work_Child is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a fellow male friend/relative to sit in the back. It unnerves the examiner and they wont fail you for fear of beating.
Work_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 12:27   #23
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Passed third time... 5 minors

My house mate passed first time with - ZERO faults!
bastard.

BTW - megla - you doing your test in nottingham? which centre?
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 14:03   #24
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Yep.
West Bridgeford
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 14:57   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I passed first time because I freakin' rock.

With weird Jersey rules and everything.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:11   #26
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

everyone should pass their driving tests first time, it is easy.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:25   #27
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When I passed my test, there weren't any roa...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:40   #28
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
When I passed my test, there weren't any roa...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've seen your car*, i believe that

*that you had like 3 years ago
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:44   #29
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

A sure way to pass first time is if you impress the examiner with your ability to hotwire the car.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 18:12   #30
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

unbeliveable - one bloody error
Some townie had rotated a speedlimit sign so i wasn't sure if it applied to the road I was on or not - I made the wrong call.

Quite unbeliveably annoying. I shall be shooting scallies tonight.

Unread 19 Dec 2003, 18:33   #31
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

what was the limit meant to be?
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 18:51   #32
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

30. I was doing 40.
There weren't any of the signs you can look at either such as limit signs on sideroads, cos there were no sideroads. It was a long 30mph approach to a residential area and you couldn't see the houses till you got round the corner.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 20:19   #33
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I believe the appropriate thing to do at that point, and the Highway Code may back me up on this is too:

"In the absence of any speed limit signs, assume that the limit is the lower of the two and not fail your test."

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 20:30   #34
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

OR, alternatively:

"In the absence of any speed limit signs, assume that the limit is the lower of the two and fail your test for undue hesitation and/or failure to drive at an appropriate speed."

I know it's been a while since you passed yours, but nowadays you are just as likely to fail for driving at 30 in a 40 zone as you are for driving at 40 in a 30 zone. You are expected to drive to the limit the conditions allow, which means that on a clear road in safe weather (which it was) if the limit is 40 you DO 40, or you are not maintaining correct progress. Failure to do so over any serious stretch of road will result in multiple minors and hence a major - I know it's not the instant failure of speeding, but the net effect is the same.

It was a 50/50 chance - I made the wrong call.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 20:35   #35
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

Noctu is on a distinguished road

I passed third time.

Same examiner on the first two tests.

Was fine until 50 (50!) minutes into my first test. When, after being stuck in traffic for an age, he told me to turn into a farm driveway, turn around, and then dart back into the traffic going the other direction. All of which, he told me, was off the test.

Then he emergency braked as I pulled out in front of a stationary lorry, said I hadn't looked to see if it was moving (When the driver had flashed his lights and waved me out), and by doing so failed me.

So, in the drive back to the test centre, I accrued five more majors and about twenty minors, just to spite the bastard. Taking a right angle corner at speed whilst there was a car there was the best part; poor sod didn't even have time to go for the brake.

And then I had him for my second test. Bastard.
Noctu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 17:16   #36
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Yep.
West Bridgeford
Do Gedling - it's easier.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote