User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Dec 2003, 13:39   #1
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Extremely picky grammatical people needed.

I should have noticed this sooner, but surely it is: "forever, I walk amongst the ignorent."?

Unread 9 Dec 2003, 13:43   #2
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I'm Not Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Extremely picky grammatical people needed.

There's nothing wrong with using among there*

Quote:
among, amongst (preps.)

These two prepositions are interchangeable in meaning, but among is far more frequent in American English; for some, amongst has a rather dusty-genteel quality. It occurs far more often in British English.

Plural objects of the preposition are of course very common: among the dozens of people

*I might be terribly wrong, but I don't really care
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 13:44   #3
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Extremely picky grammatical people needed.

I believe it is acceptable, but I would use amongst in that instance, so technically it's flawed and/or wrong.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 13:45   #4
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I believe it is acceptable, but I would use amongst in that instance, so technically it's flawed and/or wrong.
That's because you're a silly brit
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 13:47   #5
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

I would use 'among'
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 13:47   #6
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Extremely picky grammatical people needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Grimble
**** off, you barbarian Norseman.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 13:49   #7
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
**** off, you barbarian Norseman.
Yes Dear
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 13:50   #8
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
I would use 'among'
You're an idiot
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 13:56   #9
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

+1 for amongst
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 15:24   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

+st for great justice.
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 15:26   #11
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
You're an idiot
You are foreign
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 15:35   #12
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

either is fine, but ignorent should be ignorant
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 17:49   #13
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
either is fine, but ignorent should be ignorant
That was just me,
The T-shirt is fine.
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 20:13   #14
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Amongst is the 'proper' word to use, but nowadays no one cares about the difference between 'amongst' and 'among' or 'who' and 'whom'.
Unread 9 Dec 2003, 20:22   #15
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
haha... i believe MM is in England, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but his native language is English. And the subect of the matter is English right? Sooooo... Your insult doesn't go far, and is pretty flawed.
fo shizzle ma nizzle: a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother."
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote