User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Oct 2003, 21:09   #51
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: 100 Scariest Moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Quiet, MM. Adults are talking.
Actually, they just gave the show, not any direct episode, although they did use that particular episode as an example.

And why Buffy anyway?

Cheap tart and violence show in popularity shocker!

Ban it.

All the people I know who watch it are mentally deranged black-metal fans that still live with their parents.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 21:10   #52
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: 100 Scariest Moments

On a lighter note, why was Star Wars and Roswell on the list at all?
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 21:13   #53
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga
On a lighter note, why was Star Wars and Roswell on the list at all?
They were only in the 90's, thank god.
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 21:13   #54
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
All the people I know who watch it are mentally deranged black-metal fans that still live with their parents.
Giles and I like it so NYAH.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 21:17   #55
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Giles and I like it so NYAH.
I am sure that there has to be some things to recommend it to someone who is not in a persistent vegatitive state, but I can't think of them any at the moment. Perhaps you can tell me at the weekend.
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 22:06   #56
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's witty in places.

These places being series 2 and 3, and definitely not 4, 5, 6 and 7.

The Mayor is a good character.
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 22:12   #57
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle29uk
NOTHING HAPPENED!

It was mind numbingly dull!
Blame the hype from the US. As scary movies go it was very subtle in the way it did its scaring, there was no cats jumping out of cuboards, or axe waving maniacs, it was all about what you dont see, the sounds, the underlying stories and the small 'clues' that were shown. However what I found after talking with alot of people is that they were expecting something 'amazing' due to the hype and when confronted with the slow, fairly boring start they lost intrest. But without paying attention to this boring start you then dont understand things you see and hear when the movie gets going later on so the movie continues to be boring and not really make a whole deal of sense

Oh and as for Buffy they did choose perhaps the most scary episode that there was and with the other choices it did seem fitting it was there but it was a bit of a soft choice.

I still dont get why War of the worlds radio broadcast wasnt higher though, even listening today it can be pretty spooky let alone when it originally went out as it wasnt made clear that it was a drama peice and as such fooled a great deal of people into thinking it wa sreal and caused a fairly large panic. Then again with the age of the broadcast and the fact it was in the states I guess it did well to get as many votes as it did
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 22:29   #58
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
The Mayor is a good character.
Then all will be well.

I am still good for coming up, yah?
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 22:35   #59
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Yep. Pubbing on Saturday afternoon, then back here for the eve.
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 22:38   #60
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Goodo. I will be coming sometime on Saturday morning. I'm going to Whitby on Friday now.
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 23:27   #61
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

I knew from experience to avoid it. Hearing you talk about some of the choises has confirmed my suspicions.

THe big read is also going to be a big pile of po thanks to lord of the rings and harry potter (((((((((((((((((((((
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 23:37   #62
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson

I should start watching it I guess :\

My bf watches it because he fancies Spike :(((((

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 23:44   #63
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
My bf watches it because he fancies Spike ((((
I rest my case.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:00   #64
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
I knew from experience to avoid it. Hearing you talk about some of the choises has confirmed my suspicions.

THe big read is also going to be a big pile of po thanks to lord of the rings and harry potter (((((((((((((((((((((
The top 21 was screwed up in the first place from movies and childhood memories which has caused me to lose a lot of my interest in how the final votes turn out. Would bet money Harry Potter will win though, I mean all 4 books which were out when the votes started would have made the top 21, they aren't that good.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:13   #65
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Was anyone actually ever scared by Michael Jacksons Thriller?!

The one programme I can remember watching as a kid and being genuinly scared (though scared is the wrong word, it was more chilling) was V

And apparantly I used to hide behind the sofa when I watched The Incredible Hulk :\

Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:13   #66
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Would bet money Harry Potter will win though, I mean all 4 books which were out when the votes started would have made the top 21, they aren't that good.
I don't have a clue what you're talking about here.

What do you mean, 'would have made'?

They didn't make the cut, so why mention them?

(Only one did, Goblet of Fire)

The one that really really really doesn't deserve to be in there is 1984, which is NOT a good book.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:15   #67
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I was pleased to see that Brideshead got in, even if it was at a PITIFULLY LOW POSITION.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:19   #68
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Er.. I've just looked through the list again....

CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG

wtf?

Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:20   #69
Marilyn Manson
Gone

The Child Catcher.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:22   #70
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

You have yet to convince me.

Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:23   #71
Marilyn Manson
Gone

No, that's what was voted for. Not CCBB, The Child Catcher. If it says CCBB on the site, it's wrong.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:26   #72
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

It says Chitty chitty and then explains that the 'scary' part was the child catcher.

But still..

Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:29   #73
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

here's something that I found scary - did anyone else?

In Jurassic Park, when the dinosaur that spits venom confronts that fat nerd called Dennis.

I still hate that bit...
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 00:35   #74
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Jurassic Park, left off a list that contains Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and 'Train Coming into Station'
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 01:57   #75
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

The Child Catcher is terrifying. not just "Terror of the Autons" terrifying either, but full on "eric cartman hiding in a body" terrifying.
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 02:06   #76
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

What about Terror of the Zygons terrifying?

Dr Who episode titles formulaic? I THINK NOT!
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 02:51   #77
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The most scared that i can remember being was watching this when i was 5.

I saw it at the cinema with my dad.

I say i saw it i mean i saw most of it.

Towards the end the baddy is all machine like and trying to kill Howard.

I got so scared that i made my dad leave the cinema and take me home.

I've still not seen the end of the film.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 05:34   #78
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

one of the scariest things i saw was when i was a kid.. i don't know the movie so i'll describe the scene

a mother and her son were in their house.. and the kid opened the door and there's these aliens coming towards the house.. the mother freaks out and grabs teh kid.. they go hiding in a closet or something.. and the mom looks at the vent.. and the screws start coming undone

i dunno why that scared me.. i didn't look at my vents quite the same way for a while :\
(i think i was 12)
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 07:46   #79
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough

60 - Basement Jaxx's Where's Your Head At video (2002)

I found that amusing actually..
and why the fudge is Jaw's that high up

replace with Rose Red ta.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 16:31   #80
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Jurassic Park, left off a list that contains Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and 'Train Coming into Station'
tbh we cant really judge the train coming into the station today, we are so used to cinemas, tv ect that we know full well the image may seem to be heading towards us but isnt going to come shooting out of the screen, where as when this was shown in 1895 it was new and must have been pretty scary seeing it come towards us. The fact the ring succesfully uses the image comeing through the screen as a scare tactic shows that its something which if you belived it was about to happen would be scary. Although I have to wonder where they found enough people who were 107 years old + to vote for this

Oh as for thriller I do know people who found it scary (Although one of these did find Shere Khan from the cartoon version of The Jungle Book so scary he sat in the cinema aged 13 hiding behind the seat so I guess he doesnt really count - This same person a couple of year later ran out of the house screaming while watching Neverending story when the wold came on screen, although compared to some of the things in this list this was scary)

Oh and Aryn that scene you described sounds very familar, I want to say its from Close encounters of the 3rd kind but I ahve this nagging feeling that its not
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 16:37   #81
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
I should start watching it I guess :\

My bf watches it because he fancies Spike ((((
Oi ffs, do I have to add the words 'Please dont tell everyone you meet about this' to *everything* I say?
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 16:40   #82
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Mine, cos I feel like sharing:
28 days later, when the infected guy comes screaming through the patio door out of the darkness*.
same film, when one of the rookie soldiers looks out the window into the night and his fellow soldier jumps through to eat him

*Mainly cos someone who posted on this thread tried to enter high orbit when it happened.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 16:50   #83
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
tbh we cant really judge the train coming into the station today, we are so used to cinemas, tv ect that we know full well the image may seem to be heading towards us but isnt going to come shooting out of the screen, where as when this was shown in 1895 it was new and must have been pretty scary seeing it come towards us. The fact the ring succesfully uses the image comeing through the screen as a scare tactic shows that its something which if you belived it was about to happen would be scary. Although I have to wonder where they found enough people who were 107 years old + to vote for this

See, my theory is that they made a shortlist, and the reason that this came last was because no ****er voted for it.