User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:14   #1
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Is GD three years old?

The earliest reg dates are March/April 2000, so is GD three years old soon? The Planetarion-vBulletin-forums GD I mean. I am unsure if there was a Planetarion GD before that, or if it has had the same name from the beginning, but I think it's a reason to celebrate somehow.

If so, I sense a "post your favourite GD moment" thread will come soon.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:16   #2
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
yes...earliest late march though maybe? i seem to remember february, but maybe someone diddled with something...
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 05:31   #3
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
yes...earliest late march though maybe? i seem to remember february, but maybe someone diddled with something...
First UID is 10021, Fudge, 25 Mar 2000. Though first reg date is UID 11219, Messiah, 15 Mar 2000. Today is half way in between you see.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 08:27   #4
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
I want a googlistic thing now (you know they do artwork for every little thing)
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 12:45   #5
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
We need party hats, the bannana, and the bunny!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 13:24   #6
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain T'Bolt
The third anniversary of the October Revolution will be celebrated in none other than - October
WHOS CALENDER DO YOU USE HMMMMMMM????1111111
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 13:35   #7
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
I signed up to the forums just after I created my planet in Rd1.

I cant remember if the logins were transferred to Vbulletin from what I can only assume was a basic DB driven forum running off the same servers as PA at the time. The registration dates remained the same I think.

Last edited by CjC; 20 Mar 2003 at 13:47.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 13:39   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Yeh , i registered in August , but id been playing since Round 2 began.

Takes a while to get around to regging once you start playing. Especially now that theres so many forums that say nothing of value.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 13:41   #9
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
Yeh , i registered in August , but id been playing since Round 2 began.

Takes a while to get around to regging once you start playing. Especially now that theres so many forums that say nothing of value.
Everybody knows whose dicision that was, and why it was a good decision.

Except for me, so if you want to explain it to me, please do.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:23   #10
queball
Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
Everybody knows whose dicision that was, and why it was a good decision.

Except for me, so if you want to explain it to me, please do.
My understanding, very inaccurately:

Each was branched either as a reaction to a problem, or as someone's bright idea (though these generally fail).

Announcements/Suggestions/Strategy/GD have been arround forever.

OOC threads on GD were a problem, so RP was created.
Alliance discussions were direly in need of a refuge so got shunted to somewhere they could be modded strictly. AR got split after failure to deal with advertising adequately.
Technical threads on GD got spammed, and fell off the first page too fast. They need longer attention spans.
PD got created because there were many GD'ers uninterested in Planetarion, and there needed to be a more professional discussion area.
The debate forum was Mong's (and others') bright idea, though ostensibly as a reaction to low standards of GD threads. Doesn't seem to have been any decent ideas there yet.

I feel the divisons are fairly logical. Each forum has special needs and a particular atmosphere, with different guidelines and modding useful.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:57   #11
FatboySliM

FatboySliM is an unknown quantity at this point
si