User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Feb 2005, 20:27   #51
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough
Re: Internet Grammar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The mistake was deliberate.

Humour on the internet is a difficult thing

I realised it was deliberate, but humour on the internet is difficult

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2005, 21:28   #52
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
The subjunctive is dead and buried in the English language. We express possibilities and such in other mostly non-verbal ways. There's really little point in using it. Even in French it's being used less and less, and french is a subjunctive crazy language, and god knows the subjunctive makes the french language even crazier.
i see that you bothered hitting the shift keys on proper nouns and beginnings of every sentence on your post exept for god and french - i can actually understand why the word god wasn't capitalized because noone gives a shit about the word, but the word French?? c'mon now..

edit: unless its one of those jbg-type internet humor then i guess it was a waste of time posting this heh

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2005, 21:38   #53
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
The subjunctive is dead and buried in the English language.
I beg to differ, correct usage still dictates that the verb to be uses the subjunctive form in certain circumstances. 'Was' is the past tense of the verb to be and therefore becomes 'weren't' in the past subjunctive and usage of the subjunctive is indicated by the phrase "If my grammar ______ exemplary".

Just because the verb to be is the only one that differs from the simple past tense doesn't mean the entire mood is dead.

Here endeth today's lesson.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2005, 21:43   #54
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
YES THAT WAS ALSO DELIBERATE DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY JOKES YOU USELESS PACK OF NO-HOPERS.
I don't expect jokes on here to be that subtle, usually it's more along the lines of "You said knob, hehehehe."
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 15:18   #55
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle29uk
I beg to differ, correct usage still dictates that the verb to be uses the subjunctive form in certain circumstances. 'Was' is the past tense of the verb to be and therefore becomes 'weren't' in the past subjunctive and usage of the subjunctive is indicated by the phrase "If my grammar ______ exemplary".

Just because the verb to be is the only one that differs from the simple past tense doesn't mean the entire mood is dead.

Here endeth today's lesson.
In further aide my point I will outline my thought process on reading Jonny's post:

Quote:
If my grammar wasn't exemplary...

• Jesus H. Christ.
  • He hasn't conjugated the verb into it's subjunctive mood.
  • What could he mean?!
  • Is he talking about a possibility or a fact?
  • Shit.
  • Stop the world I want to get off!

Last edited by Weeks; 20 Feb 2005 at 16:04. Reason: T'internet went bye bye.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 18:24   #56
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

Thats more hip hop blackness... than internet grammar. They are typing like they would say it. Niggarish.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 20:38   #57
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
  • He hasn't conjugated the verb into it's subjunctive mood.
I don't mean to be anal, but if you're so whizzy with grammar then what's that rogue apostrophe doing there?
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 21:36   #58
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
Niggarish.
what the **** is wrong with you?!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 21:43   #59
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

He's clearly partial to the occasional skull-****ing.

Unless there's another explanation of course.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 23:07   #60
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

They are talking in nigga -rish

like english.. but its not english .... its niggarish. :-(

:begs for forgiveness:

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2005, 23:11   #61
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
what the **** is wrong with you?!
I know!

Everyone knows it's spelt with an E, not an A.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 00:24   #62
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
My posts are beautiful like pink snow, on a warm summer's morning.
Your posts can be beautiful, especially the longer ones. Sometimes you write without capitals though and that lets you down so I didn't include you. Sorry.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote