User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 2 Feb 2003, 19:27   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[linux] Wireless keyboards/mice

Today my mouse basicly gave out (it's constantly doubleclicking instead of singleclicking, regardless of how many times i poke little bits of wire and stuff in it to try and clean it - i think the switch is ****ed), and my keyboard is also on the way out.
So, I ordered an RF wireless keyboard/mouse set (can't be doing with IR) and suddenly had a thought - is this going to work in linux?
For those of you who don't know I have a dualboot XP/MDK 9.0 system, and I use XP most of the time. For this reason I didn't really think much about linux till after I ordered it.
The reciever plugs into the PS2 mouse/kb ports so I would imagine it should function as a standard PS2 kb/mouse right?

I hope so anyway...
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 19:41   #2
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: [linux] Wireless keyboards/mice

Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
<snip>
My tailless mouse works with linux and it's even a Microsoft one!

They should all work with no problems really, the interface is identical.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 19:45   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
\o/
It's so nice to know I didn't just waste £35.

Unread 2 Feb 2003, 20:29   #4
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Re: [linux] Wireless keyboards/mice

Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
Today my mouse basicly gave out (it's constantly doubleclicking instead of singleclicking, regardless of how many times i poke little bits of wire and stuff in it to try and clean it - i think the switch is ****ed), and my keyboard is also on the way out.
So, I ordered an RF wireless keyboard/mouse set (can't be doing with IR) and suddenly had a thought - is this going to work in linux?
For those of you who don't know I have a dualboot XP/MDK 9.0 system, and I use XP most of the time. For this reason I didn't really think much about linux till after I ordered it.
The reciever plugs into the PS2 mouse/kb ports so I would imagine it should function as a standard PS2 kb/mouse right?

I hope so anyway...
what make is it

have the same type of mouse and keyboard with receiver
Unread 2 Feb 2003, 20:36   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

BTC.
http://www.btceurope.nl/products_internet_wirels.html

Unread 6 Feb 2003, 17:27   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Got it.
No problems with linux, and the range seems to be somewhat greater than advertised. The mouse supposedly has a 1 meter range and the keyboard 2 meters.
I can move the mouse and type from the other side of my flatmates room (his is opposite mine, so that's about 6 or 7 meters), so typing on the bed isn't going to be a problem heh.
There's no noticable lag on the mouse either (which some people have reported with wireless kit), except for when it comes out of energy saving mode (you have to give it a bit of a push before it catches on and powers back up).