User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Aug 2003, 00:26   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Sales commission from website? Someone give me a number

Short version: someone wants me to sell something of his on my website and offered to pay me a % of each sale, i agreed.

I've just finished adding a shop to the site. I've emailed him to let him know etc but i'm not sure what sort of figure i should start from when talking about the commission.

Without me doing this he'd have no customer base, no way to sell his product and so basically no money.

The price of the products will be around the 10-15 pounds mark, he's going to be making at the very least 5-10 pounds profit on these items.

What sort of number should i suggest?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 00:27   #2
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
15%

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 01:52   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
35%, but expect around 15-20%
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 01:56   #4
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Ask for more.
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 01:56   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
ta guys
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 11:22   #6
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
35%, but expect around 15-20%

once again, nod is there with the good advice
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 11:28   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
10%-15% is the most you'd feasibly get; Amazon's affiliate scheme pays out 15% at the most but that's books only with CD's, games etc paying out at 5%
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 18:14   #8
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
What's his GP?
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 18:20   #9
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
What's his GP?
if i knew what GP meant i'd answer

probably
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 18:26   #10
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
if i knew what GP meant i'd answer

probably
Gross Profit.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 18:32   #11
Ragnarak

Quote:
Gross Profit.
Make the assumption i'm stupid and we'll go from there

I stated above the estimated expected profit per item.
What is it that you are asking? Cos there's no way we could no the total profit because we don't know how many we'll sell...
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 18:50   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
Make the assumption i'm stupid and we'll go from there

I stated above the estimated expected profit per item.
What is it that you are asking? Cos there's no way we could no the total profit because we don't know how many we'll sell...
Bah, I should have read it again more carefully :/

Ok, GP% = ((retail-cost)/cost)*100

From the way you phrased it the cost is about a fiver yes?

So with a retail price of £10-15, call it £12.50 as that's in the middle of the range you gave...

((12.5-5)/5)*100 = 150% (approximately).

With such a high margin I'd be asking for 33% of the GP (which in this case is 20% of the gross or put another way, £2.50 for each one sold).

Assuming tax is not a part of this equation (were you planning to pay income tax on sales/commission?) of course, tax makes it change dramatically
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 19:48   #13
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
Go for 100%, but if he haggles refuse to go below 95% - you don't wanna get ripped off!
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 19:51   #14
Ragnarak

Quote:
(were you planning to pay income tax on sales/commission?)
i wasn't...

thanks a lot for that Gayle, i might have a few more questions once i hear back from him