User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 Mar 2003, 07:34   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
A Chilling Discovery

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Bloodied U.S. battle fatigues believed to be those of some of an ambushed Army maintenance unit were found in a hospital in Nasiriya, Iraq, according to a Pentagon official.

The uniforms, found by U.S. troops who took over the hospital, appeared to have had their name tags and flag patches ripped off, perhaps to hide the identity of their owners, the official said.

The troops also discovered what appeared to be a torture device made of a metal cot and a car battery.

The uniforms appear to belong to some of the members of the Army's 507th Ordnance Maintenance Company, who were ambushed March 23 in Nasiriya. Two soldiers were known to have been killed. Eight others are missing, and five were taken as prisoners of war.
heh...gotta love them Iraqi's, how nice do you think the US will be to them now?

and on a side note...apparently a few accounts will be closed as soon as a mod gets on
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 07:42   #2
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

on another side note....

why the **** do you losers think it's funny to spam up a ****in internet forum?

oh, and could a mod please delete this post and all spam out of this thread when you see fit...I think we could get some interesting convo goin on this topic, thx
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 07:55   #3
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
If the enemy doesn't abide by the Geneva convention, do you have to?
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 07:59   #4
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman
If the enemy doesn't abide by the Geneva convention, do you have to?
uh....ya, unfortunately.....but, I think they should go by the ol 'eye for an eye' rule
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 08:02   #5
Zapman
Homesick

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
uh....ya, unfortunately.....but, I think they should go by the ol 'eye for an eye' rule
Common sense says so yes... but it's not very ehm... politically correct. I can imagine what the world would have to say about that.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 08:06   #6
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Common sense says so yes... but it's not very ehm... politically correct. I can imagine what the world would have to say about that.
heh, ya...it's too bad tho. torture, execution, suicide bombings....the iraqi army is a bunch of fags
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 08:08   #7
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont even wanna think of all the illegal **** the nato troops

doubt it can be as bad as the iraqis but ill bet there doin there fair share

hey look some civilians

whoops did we drop that bomb there?

hey look our allies

whoops did we drop a bomb there?
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 08:15   #8
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_G
hey look some civilians

whoops did we drop that bomb there?

hey look our allies

whoops did we drop a bomb there?
well, the iraqi's claim that the coalition is bombing civilians....it's not been proven yet tho.

as for the 'blue on blue' mishaps...well, it's war, **** happens....it's not like they do it on purpose
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 08:21   #9
Zapman
Homesick

As for the noble Iraqi forces, didn't they open fire with mortars and machineguns on a mob of civilians trying to flee Basra? That's blue on blue for you right there.

Good thing they bombed the building they were doing it from, those bastards don't deserve to live.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 08:25   #10
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
those bastards don't deserve to live.
couldn't have said it better myself
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 12:31   #11
Umbrall
Renaissance Person

Umbrall is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought the war was started because the Iraqi in charge were believed to be horrible?

Once again, people are stunned by the fact that in war, horrible things happen to both sides.

No wonder there was such an eagerness to start the Disney War.

-Li Quan, commentaries upon Sun Tzu, ca 900 AD.
Umbrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 12:38   #12
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah those damn Iraqis. Fancy making the USA invade their country without even laying down their arms for them. No gratitude.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 13:13   #13
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A Chilling Discovery

Quote:
Originally posted by Dilly_D
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- believed... according to a Pentagon official.

appeared... to perhaps... the official said.

what appeared to be...

The uniforms appear to belong to...
key words. Just like the apparent chemical weapons factory.
The apparent execution of captured POW's
The capture of Umm Qasr.
The Basra uprising.

All complete bollocks that the media hyped up. If they are still talking about it in a few days then I may be interested, otherwise it's just exaggerated propaganda that is there to support the war.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 17:09   #14
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally posted by Umbrall
I thought the war was started because the Iraqi in charge were believed to be horrible?

Once again, people are stunned by the fact that in war, horrible things happen to both sides.

No wonder there was such an eagerness to start the Disney War.
heh, I don't want a 'disney war', but well....when Iraq insisted that they'd adhere to the Geveva Conventions, then turn around and execute POW's, torture POW's, and kill their own citizens simply because they're fleeing cities to get away from the fighting...something's not right. At first I wasn't too keen on this war, but maybe Bush is right..Saddam has to go, now