User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Mar 2003, 10:20   #1
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it a bird, is it a plane?

No, it's a dead cat

Kitty lovers might not want to read this though.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 10:22   #2
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
fckin A

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 10:22   #3
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Heh.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 12:41   #4
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
omg.....I wish i would have seen that man. A flaming fireball lightning cat. How cool. That's something to talk about :P

May try it with a street katty

j/k
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 13:38   #5
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: Is it a bird, is it a plane?

Quote:
Originally posted by Zapman
[BIs it a bird, is it a plane?[/b]
Makes no difference to a patriot missile operator, they can't tell the difference anyway.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 16:50   #6
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Is it a bird, is it a plane?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Makes no difference to a patriot missile operator, they can't tell the difference anyway.
Your viewpoint is becoming tired and irritating.

Personally I believe that whilst we may not agree with decisions made taking us to war, we should support our troops whilst they're fighting. And blue-on-blue happens, it's not like their actively trying to shoot down their allies ffs. It's sad, but shut up and deal with it.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:08   #7
Anaximander

Anaximander is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Is it a bird, is it a plane?

Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
Your viewpoint is becoming tired and irritating.

Personally I believe that whilst we may not agree with decisions made taking us to war, we should support our troops whilst they're fighting. And blue-on-blue happens, it's not like their actively trying to shoot down their allies ffs. It's sad, but shut up and deal with it.
Why supporting the troops with keeping quiet if you're against this war?
Why not supporting them and their chance to get home unharmed by fighting AGAINST this war?

And yes, blue on blue happens. Even when you're at peace. It is like a car accident.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 17:12   #8
Anaximander

Anaximander is an unknown quantity at this point
Back to the original thread:

Poor (dumb) cat. I thought cats can "feel" electrical fields. Well, atleast she made it in the news. Not bad.
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 18:25   #9
IndiaSour

IndiaSour is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it a bird, is it a plane?

Quote:
Originally posted by Anaximander
Why supporting the troops with keeping quiet if you're against this war?
Why not supporting them and their chance to get home unharmed by fighting AGAINST this war?

And yes, blue on blue happens. Even when you're at peace. It is like a car accident.
No matter what is said of done, they're there. Even if everyone in your (Uk) and our (US) country opposed the war, they wont be coming back until the jobs done. Its a sad but simple fact of life. No Im neither Pro-War or Anti-War. I just see things from both sides.

So stage your "die-ins". So run around naked. Protest all you want. Just support the people that might die tomorrow. IMHO they shouldve been the ones to vote on the war. They have the most to lose, besides the Iraqi civilians.

Back on topic:

Poor cat
IndiaSour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 19:11   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it a bird, is it a plane?

Quote:
Originally posted by IndiaSour
No matter what is said of done, they're there. Even if everyone in your (Uk) and our (US) country opposed the war, they wont be coming back until the jobs done. Its a sad but simple fact of life. No Im neither Pro-War or Anti-War. I just see things from both sides.

So stage your "die-ins". So run around naked. Protest all you want. Just support the people that might die tomorrow. IMHO they shouldve been the ones to vote on the war. They have the most to lose, besides the Iraqi civilians.

Why support them? They are there, on the orders from their supperiors, but they could have refused! Why support people that kill for a living? You dont go around, cheering at the mafia, do you? They also kill for a living, and they might also die anytime!
Also, you can stop wars. Look at the vietnam war! And the est thing, is that the peace movement THIS time around is bigger than the vietnam one was, after 8 years of fighting!

Oh, poor cat!
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 23:34   #11
IndiaSour

If you refuse you will most likely go to jail. Possibly even be stretched out to treason and in some countries the highest penalty is death.

Most join for an education (in the US anyway). Also most of them dont kill others. Most are in supporting roles. Its luck of the draw I guess that you get sent to the war. Its what most accepted it as anyway.

On topic:

poor cat (again).
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 00:35   #12
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
IndiaSour: Probalbly true, but still, thats not a good reason for me to support them.
Luckily, Norway does not participate in the war, at least not to the pubick knowlendge.
But, our troops are/were in Afganisthan, and i did not support them there.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 01:07   #13
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
our troops are/were in Afganisthan, and i did not support them there.
Well they must be absolutely gutted by that?
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 01:49   #14
Snurx
Dirte

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Well they must be absolutely gutted by that?

Probably not.
That's not my point. I just hate the buggers that say "No, i must support the war, beacause of our troops".
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 02:26   #15
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain T'Bolt
Only GD could turn a thread about an electrocuted cat into a thread about the war
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 06:02   #16
Tron
GalCiv Enthuisiast

Tron is an unknown quantity at this point
That cat was really a suicide bomber strapped down with EMP bombs and it climbed a tower in an attempt to kill everyone with deadly electromagnetic pulses but it failed and then it got fried.

R3: {141:7:11} Joshua Calvert of Kiint (The Federation)
R4: {9:25:3} Not Without A Delusion of Grandeur (Unity)
R5: {I forget} Cirrhosis of The Liver
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 06:33   #17
IndiaSour

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Probably not.
That's not my point. I just hate the buggers that say "No, i must support the war, beacause of our troops".
Im not asking you to support any war (fck the war). Im just saying support the people that are there (your people). You can do both.
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 09:32   #18
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by IndiaSour
If you refuse you will most likely go to jail. Possibly even be stretched out to treason and in some countries the highest penalty is death.
I still think that could be legally challenged succesfully.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 22:59   #19
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
so they have electricity in norway?
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote