User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 04:58   #51
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
well maybe not you personally :P
but GD in general has.. numerous times.
it's not suprising we haven't had any new posters in ages.. nobody seems to want to 'share the playground'
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 04:58   #52
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by eyehateeuros
Nope, I'm not Dilly, but I only posted here like 3 times when the last round first started, and I really didn't like the forums then - everyone was very rude to me just for posting "Hi, I'm a fist-time player here, anyone interested in showing me the ropes here?"

I was derided and made to feel unwanted, so I didn't post through the entire round, and I have been spending time on a Flash forum (that's a hobby of mine, making Flash animations). The only other forum I recently joined was DF3.net, and I noticed that PA joined Jolt, and that there was some irritation between the PA forum and DF3, so I decided to get a new account, as my old account is gone (or, maybe I just can't find it - it has been quite a while). and see what al the problems were about.

I'm seeing a few of the people here are able to be civil here yet not civil on the DF3 forums, which leads me to believe that they are just blowing-off stem there that they can't get away with here, which is cool. But there seem to be some seriously thick-skulled people on both sides.

Personally, I don't care either way. My free time is fairly precious, and I'll not waste it being petty and spiteful and hateful, but I'm ALWAYS up for a good debate or discussion.

Oh, and I will NEVER deny that I love my kids or that they make me cry, no matter how hard anyone tries to bash it or disbelieve it - that's just petty and pathetic.

Oh, sorry, my PA name was 0rbitalMastr
Hmmm no,I dont think so.

Your a migrant from the DF3 forums who's decided to 'treat us europeans to a taste of our own medicine'

By trolling these forums.

Personally,I dont go off trying to rise ppl on the DF3 forums by posting anti-american feelings,country bash or just generally piss them off.I think ppl could have something better to do.I dont think you should come here and try it.

Your more than welcome to stay.We'd be happy to have new ppl here but the story of you being derided for posting that your a newbie to PA is crap.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 04:58   #53
eyehateeuros

I would expect it if I went charging in there telling people to get screwed and all, I was just asking for help!

I did the same thing on DF3, because I had just started playing Land Warrior, and I needed some help. Those guys, on the whole, were very helpful and supportive.

Oh, and for those of you from Europe, my name is a joke, mainly between me and a couple of close friends. I don't really hate "Europeans", I hate "Euro's", you know the currency? It's a very long story having to do with some investments I lost during the conversion, it still rankles.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 04:59   #54
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
well maybe not you personally :P
but GD in general has.. numerous times.
it's not suprising we haven't had any new posters in ages.. nobody seems to want to 'share the playground'
Aryn,dont be taken in by the b.s.

I can smell it all the way over here.

You want to know if he's a gimmick troll from DF3?

Look at his nick,location and register date.Also his admisson to being a part of the DF3 forums too
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:00   #55
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by IncubusGod
Your more than welcome to stay.We'd be happy to have new ppl here but the story of you being derided for posting that your a newbie to PA is crap.
I think you're being a bit liberal with the truth; some elements of this community are less than accepting.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:01   #56
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
I would expect it if I went charging in there telling people to get screwed and all, I was just asking for help!

I did the same thing on DF3, because I had just started playing Land Warrior, and I needed some help. Those guys, on the whole, were very helpful and supportive.

Oh, and for those of you from Europe, my name is a joke, mainly between me and a couple of close friends. I don't really hate "Europeans", I hate "Euro's", you know the currency? It's a very long story having to do with some investments I lost during the conversion, it still rankles.
And yet the bull**** rages on
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:02   #57
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
OMFG IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE PART OF BOTH FORUMS!!!!

our own deffeh owns a copy of df3.. i wouldn't be suprised if some others did too.

i don't care if he is df3 or not, he's not breaking any rules, and it doesn't give you an excuse to be rude.
i bet the next 5 new players that come here are going to be treated like **** by you guys because 'OH NOES THEY MAY BE DF3 SPIES!!!'
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:03   #58
eyehateeuros

Quote:
Hmmm no,I dont think so.

Your a migrant from the DF3 forums who's decided to 'treat us europeans to a taste of our own medicine'

By trolling these forums.

Personally,I dont go off trying to rise ppl on the DF3 forums by posting anti-american feelings,country bash or just generally piss them off.I think ppl could have something better to do.I dont think you should come here and try it.

Interesting, how do you know what I experienced? I can see you are trying to tag me as some kind of troll, but why? What are you trying to prove? I would also like to know who I bashed? Please? Tell everyone where I bashed people and how you can possibly know what I experienced months ago on this forum?

Would someone other than this person tell me how I should handle this? I feel like I'm being abused all over again, and it is just wrong. I have done no harm to anyone.

Oh, and how are you in a position to tell me I am welcome to stay? Are you a moderator here? And, if you are, then why are you hounding me when I've done nothing to provoke it?
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:04   #59
NightSinner
Gimp Handler

NightSinner is an unknown quantity at this point
we wonder
<Blue|WORKING> they are all sitting on a LAN
<Blue|WORKING> DUH
<[RO]NightSinner> hehe
<[RO]NightSinner> my mistake
<TomKat> Lithuanian Area Network
NightSinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:06   #60
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
OMFG IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE PART OF BOTH FORUMS!!!!

our own deffeh owns a copy of df3.. i wouldn't be suprised if some others did too.

i don't care if he is df3 or not, he's not breaking any rules, and it doesn't give you an excuse to be rude.
i bet the next 5 new players that come here are going to be treated like **** by you guys because 'OH NOES THEY MAY BE DF3 SPIES!!!'
Aryn,one simple question. New players?Last time I checked PA was down.

His nick is deriding europeans.It in itself is racist and thereby breaks the rules.

I have every right ot be rude to someone who's clearly just here for a laugh at our expence (which you are giving him btw)

If I decieded to register a new forum account with IHATEAMERICANS as my name Id be banned instantly
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:14   #61
eyehateeuros

Quote:
And yet the bull**** rages on
You know, I have seen a very good picture over at that "other" forum. It's of a little boy with Down's Syndrome, running, and something about how arguing over the internet is a waste of time because even if you "win" you still look retarded.

This is exactly like that. You don't know anything about me, yet you have suspicions. I can only assume that you were one of the people continuously banned for your actions on DF3. I don't know, and I don't care. I do know, however, that a man (or woman) will reap what he sows. I think that I have been very polite and forthcoming, answering your bilious inquires and less than subtle innuendo's.

It's ok, I can't prove anything to you, just as you can't prove you didn't use bots up until they started using the Question Feature at login for the last round of PA.

You see, you really don't know anything about any of the people on the internet. So, all of your posturing and virtual "territorial urination" on this forum are a waste of time, as it is impressing no one.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:16   #62
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
His nick is deriding europeans.It in itself is racist and thereby breaks the rules.
When I first read it, I believed it was (and this was confirmed later) it was a statement about the currency. Which I don't have much care for either.

But, I guess I've been hanging around Giles, Nod and co for too long.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:20   #63
NightSinner
Gimp Handler

NightSinner is an unknown quantity at this point
a trolling we will go, a trolling we will go a hi ho a trolling we will go
<Blue|WORKING> they are all sitting on a LAN
<Blue|WORKING> DUH
<[RO]NightSinner> hehe
<[RO]NightSinner> my mistake
<TomKat> Lithuanian Area Network
NightSinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:21   #64
eyehateeuros

Quote:
Aryn,one simple question. New players?Last time I checked PA was down.

I have every right ot be rude to someone who's clearly just here for a laugh at our expence (which you are giving him btw)

If I decieded to register a new forum account with IHATEAMERICANS as my name Id be banned instantly
I explained about the nickname - you can take it as you will, goody for you.

However, what you fail to realize, is the last round I played in started around April or May, I believe, though I could be wrong, as I really didn't play it much because it was the most boring and horrid game I have played, ever. I would log in, send out some signals, find a few roids, start mining them, build some lame weak ships, see nothing happening of note in my galaxy, and I was gone - 3 minutes a day, tops.

I would love to see how I am getting a laugh out of any of this, seriously. I have tried to engage in some healthy intelligent discussion with someone over in another thread on some video tape from an AC130 Gunship about the war on terrorism, and all I got were droll one-liners and a refusal to discuss actual facts or to even consider the American point of view on the matter.

If you can honestly say that isn't close-minded and ignorant, I would believe that you can't say anything about DF3.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:22   #65
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I would love to see how I am getting a laugh out of any of this, seriously. I have tried to engage in some healthy intelligent discussion with someone over in another thread on some video tape from an AC130 Gunship about the war on terrorism, and all I got were droll one-liners and a refusal to discuss actual facts or to even consider the American point of view on the matter.

If that can honestly say that isn't close-minded and ignorant, I would believe that you can't say anything about DF3.
Read my posts, boyo.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:24   #66
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
You know, I have seen a very good picture over at that "other" forum. It's of a little boy with Down's Syndrome, running, and something about how arguing over the internet is a waste of time because even if you "win" you still look retarded.

This is exactly like that. You don't know anything about me, yet you have suspicions. I can only assume that you were one of the people continuously banned for your actions on DF3. I don't know, and I don't care. I do know, however, that a man (or woman) will reap what he sows. I think that I have been very polite and forthcoming, answering your bilious inquires and less than subtle innuendo's.

It's ok, I can't prove anything to you, just as you can't prove you didn't use bots up until they started using the Question Feature at login for the last round of PA.

You see, you really don't know anything about any of the people on the internet. So, all of your posturing and virtual "territorial urination" on this forum are a waste of time, as it is impressing no one.

Ohhh am I ever glad I decided to stay up tonight.

You've put a smile on my face,I must admit.For the sheer lunacy of the whole situation.

I've never posted even one message on the DF3 forums,it isnt my community and I could care less about its opinons.

Well I have to admit,you've been quite a polite troll,a different variety than you would normally get. Your politeness has lengthened your stay here by not getting you banned right off...however methinks that's about to change soon.

Er...subtle innuendos?I dont think I implyed any innundeos but if I did I definatly didnt intend them to be subtle.

So you were a newbie eh?Got flamed?Pissed off to the Shangrlia of net Forums df3 eh?How come you seem to know so much about PA's history?

How come you seem to delight in accusing me of being a multi.
How come the jolt user Witness dissapears for a while when you are posting and you dissapear when he posts?

I dont know anything about the ppl on the internet?I've seen through your somewhat entertaining but ultimatly doomed facade...

It's been a blast Witness/Eyehateeuros but you've been unearthed.

Hopefully if you decide to return you will try to become a proper part of the posting community and not a DF3 troll who is getting some revenge.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:27   #67
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
~whatever~
I'd like to jump in here with 'F*ck off, you're a twat. I hope you die.'

Ta.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:32   #68
Zapman
Homesick

Zapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by skiddy
I'd like to jump in here with 'F*ck off, you're a twat. I hope you die.'

Ta.
Finally.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:44   #69
eyehateeuros

Wow, that's very interesting! He doesn't have anything to do with DF3.Net, yet he seems to think, just because this guy wasn't on the other forums, it just HAS to be him!

Amusing, as there are, what, how many thousands of people who were not on at exactly the same moment I was on here, but I couldn't even be one of them?

Wow, it's getting kind of silly around here. It's obvious you are "staying-up" later than usual tonight, as you are starting to contradict yourself and your argument is getting thinner and thinner every post. I know a great deal about PA because I played it, or didn't you read that part? What really interests me is this infatuation you have with witness. What did that person do to you, if you don't mind me asking?

Why all of this strange talk about you never going to DF3 yet knowing he wasn't on there? Methinks doth protest too much. And, from the looks of some of the others who are obviously hanger's on of yours, the foul language has started to rear its ugly head. Isn't that what people have been accusing the DF3 regulars of doing?

I guess those jerks over at DF3 were absolutely correct about the PA people who have stepped over there. You're no different than they are, you just have an accent.

Seriously, you should seek help, or maybe just get some schlaft time. I challenge you to reread your posts in the morning and see how intensely paranoid you sound.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:46   #70
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I guess those jerks over at DF3 were absolutely correct about the PA people who have stepped over there. You're no different than they are, you just have an accent.
The argument over the DF3 forums is not the actions of the userbase, but the actions of the mods. Are you banned because you might be from DF3? No. The opposite, however, would be true.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:47   #71
eyehateeuros

An addendum to my previous post. Are you aware that you can be on DF3.Net in "invisible" mode? Did you know you can do the same here?

Thought not.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:49   #72
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
An addendum to my previous post. Are you aware that you can be on DF3.Net in "invisible" mode? Did you know you can do the same here?

Thought not.
Karmulian is working on making your invisible mode apply to your posts too.

He informs me the task is proceeding nicely.

Goodbye.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 05:54   #73
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Clearly the only proof I could get is if I hacked your PC,broke into your house right now and observed your posting habits from behing your pot-plant or use psychic powers to read your mind.

However,your flimsy cover story and general attitude about here has all but given you away.

You say we are as bad as DF3?If that was the case you'd have been banned right away.
It wasnt the userbase over there that was the problem it seems,more the mods.

Accusing me of paranoia might have been a valid tactic if I had been one of the users banned on the other jolt forums,however I think we all can clearly see your intentions.

So maybe you did play PA,good for you.Congratulations.You didnt seem to like it.You described it as crap. Yet you come on here complaining that you apparently were treated shabbily when you were a newbie.

If it was such a crap game why even bother?You evidently decided to go elsewhere.

As for the whole Witness thing,it was pointed out to me.I thought it was worth mentioning.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 07:10   #74
eyehateeuros

Quote:

Goodbye.
Interesting. Banning someone is a task? From what I understand, it is one click. You really should try these things on someone who doesn't know what he's doing.

By the way, is your name here a reflection of the marks on your underwear?
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 07:22   #75
eyehateeuros

Quote:
Clearly the only proof I could get is if I hacked your PC,broke into your house right now and observed your posting habits from behing your pot-plant or use psychic powers to read your mind.

However,your flimsy cover story and general attitude about here has all but given you away.

You say we are as bad as DF3?If that was the case you'd have been banned right away.
It wasnt the userbase over there that was the problem it seems,more the mods.

Accusing me of paranoia might have been a valid tactic if I had been one of the users banned on the other jolt forums,however I think we all can clearly see your intentions.

So maybe you did play PA,good for you.Congratulations.You didnt seem to like it.You described it as crap. Yet you come on here complaining that you apparently were treated shabbily when you were a newbie.

If it was such a crap game why even bother?You evidently decided to go elsewhere.

As for the whole Witness thing,it was pointed out to me.I thought it was worth mentioning.
Ahhhh, okay, so now you are saying that stuff about witness was just brought to your attention. Anything else you would like to correct? You sure made it sound like you were the one doing all the investigating.

It's okay, you can change whatever you want, you can say whatever you want, it's the internet, and I can choose to believe you, or choose to believe that you are paranoid, insecure, and just can't stand it that someone who is a non-european and hold his own without going off the deep en and yelling and screaming profanities.

I can also choose to stay here and be active and discuss things with people who just accept people for who they project themselves to be for your viewing pleasure, or maybe I can just ignore the rantings of obvious weirdo's like yourself and zapman and skidmarky.

Why is it that anyone from PA is free to go to the DF3 forums, but not vice versa? You say it's not the userbase, well, that's a lie, as you have proven here. Even if I was who you claim me to be, why should it matter, if it is, as you say, the Moderators?

Why would anyone from DF3 who wants to actively participate here, use their DF3 name with the way so many of your brethren marched into DF3 and showed your "arse" from day one?

I will be here until I am banned, and I will post when and where I desire. You see, I do have a life, and I enjoy it a great deal, so getting banned from here is not punishing me at all. It will just let this forum sink slowly into the same thing DF3 has become, an inbreeding ground for isolationist attitudes. You see, I can look at things from all sides, and I see here diametrically opposing views from DF3, and it is because there is very little attempt at integration, from either side.

Many europeans like to talk the "equality" talk, but it is painfully obvious that, when faced with a challenge, neither faction - progressive europeans OR the freedom-loving DF3'ers, could figure a way to make it work.

Truly a sad statement on everyone's committment to a truly integrated world.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 07:55   #76
Aryn
Happy

Quote:

Goodbye.
skiddy.. c'mon.. even you've got to admit that was lame :\ you could do better :P

you have to remember that he's new and doesn't know who karm is :P
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 08:03   #77
SomeOneYouKnow
Treepex

SomeOneYouKnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Can't recall, actually. Think it was a few months back, at the final scene of Saving Private Ryan.
"earn this.......earn this......"

the ending is great
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 10:13   #78
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
a . but ...
mate this isnt the real world this is the internet, and dont judge all ppl the same way pls, i do wish you a great stay on these forums, dont let yourself be fooled, you are more then welcome here, so are all ppl who are new and want to be part of this great community rock on

regards

Acid
Spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote