User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 14:27   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
after going to cinema four times in one week

I thought maybe I should make some thread about what I saw (most of them are probably already out for weeks in wherever you live, I don’t care):

- Last Wednesday: Elizabethtown
My cinema has a 'sneak preview' every Wednesday. Here that means that you go to cinema, but don’t know what they are going to show, so I didn’t choose to watch this, but it was a positive surprise nonetheless.
I would say this is a typical 'watch-with-your-gf'-kind of movie, but there are lots of worse movies with an equal storyline. i gave it 7 out of 10. I went there with a friend of mine and this isn’t the kind of movie you usually want to watch with some other guy, BUT
[self-pity] maybe I only like it, because there was a girl sitting next to me who seemed to be attracted to me (and some friend of hers next to her). Body language, the smiling, everything indicated she was interested. How often do you meet someone like that in cinema? How about NEVER? Yet, what did I do? nothing. Anyways, after the movie we decided that a) I am stupid and b) that, for the remote chance of them being there again the next week, we should go again *[/self-pity]

- Last Friday The Legend of Zorro
First of all, I have an excuse: I went there with two friends, one friends girlfriend and some other girl. The girls wanted to watch this and there was nothing else to watch.
Now for the movie: in one word: don't.
I've seldom seen such a cheap, commercial crap as this movie. Oh, and the jokes, they were horrible and horrible not as in 'so bad that they become funny again', but as in painfully bad. Wine-drinking and smoking horses? WTF? There was more and there was worse, but I repressed the memory of that movie. It obviously has been made for 10-12-year-olds and even they shouldn’t watch it because of the danger of permanent brain damage. 2 / 10

- Tuesday Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Another positive surprise. We wanted to go to some pub, but the place seemed pretty much dead, so why not go to cinema? I didn’t expect too much, but the trailer doesn’t do it any justice. The trailer made me expect some cheap action-comedy, just like the dozens of others produced every year. It probably is, but it's way better than the average of these movies. (9 / 10, the story didn’t make too much sense, but I enjoyed it anyway)

- Yesterday The Descent
As expected, the girls didn’t show up, I am stupid, but at least the movie was ok. Usually I’m not a big fan of these movies, but this one had some scary / shocking moments in it. Towards the end they overdid it a little, thus 7/10.

* Hey, if everyone can load off their relationship / pulling problems here, so can I.