User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Sep 2005, 02:46   #1
Peirre

The Murder of Clair Burford

A shrill scream echo’s off of the grime covered walls.

There is a man in another room who is awaken, but ignores it and goes back to sleep.

Early the next morning the phone rings but there is no answer, so a message is left, “Dimmit Clair, if you don’t get you ass to work, your fired. This is your last []ing warning.”

This message is no different from the one’s left, almost on a daily basis on this machine. But Clair can’t go to work, she can’t eat, hear, sleep, taste. A corpse is on the ground, it was a clean kill, just a little dried blood in her dark red hair. She is wearing a mini-skirt and nothing on her chest. Even in death her body is beautiful but repelling .

Three day’s go by, each starting the same. A message is left by her pissed boss screaming about how she needs to find other work. Finally on the 4th day there is a knock on the door. “Room service” the only guests Clair ever got in life was room service, and customers. Her rich religious parent’s didn’t keep in contact anymore, they felt she was a disgrace to their family. Another knock, “room service.” Silence in the room, the only sound is a far of siren. Another knock, “ok, I’m coming in.” The door cracks open, a small Asian man sticks his head in the door, “M’am?” No response. The Asian man walks into the main part of the room, anticipating his job as the scent of the body reaches his nostrils. “HOLY SHIT!” The man sees the decaying body and runs back out to the hall, a tall black man is walking by. The Asian man cries, “There’s a dead girl in here, call 911!” At 1st the black man blows him off and continues to walk by, then he notices the room number, 907. He runs back to his room and calls the police. “Quick there’s been a murder at 1500 97th street room 907.”

Thirty minuets later a lone police officer show’s up, he is missing teeth and smells like cigarette’s and beef jerky. He walk’s towards the room, but before he steps in it a feminine yell comes from the other side of the hall. “Stop CSI” the police man stops as the lady walks up to him.

“Nice day m’am, my, your mighty pret-“but before he can finish she cut’s him off. “Save your pick up line’s for your cousins.” She say’s as she slips on white gloves. “feel free to go bust some kid’s for petty theft, I am taking over this murder case.” As she baffles the officer with her badge. The investigator has pretty, short dark brown hair, she is probably in her mid 30’s and in order to have a conversation with an average man, she has to look up.

She walks into the room and sees the body, pulls out her recorder and say’s into it. “Investigator Gross morning of January 15, 1997 9:05 a.m.” she hit’s the stop button, kneels down and takes a look at the body. She hit’s the record button again, “I was called to a murder scene and barley was able to stop the local police force from infesting it. External wound’s are small wound to the head, not lethal. Female mid 30’s probably, dark brown hair, Caucasian. Body was found partly naked with only a short skirt on, and no indications of murder other then word of mouth.”

She stand’s up and looks around the room for a sign of how she died. She notices the light flashing on the message machine, she hit’s the play button and listens to her angry boss yelling at her. Gross takes an evidence bag out of her pocket and puts the tape into it. She looks around lightly for another 20 minuets, only finding 3 ecstasy pills with lightning bolt’s on them, she puts these in an evidence bag as well. She walks out of the room and puts crime scene tape on the door. On her way out she sees the manager of the motel. “Sir, can I have a word with you?”

“Sure”

“There has been a murder up in room 907, please make sure no one goes in there, also if you will keep a record of everyone who goes in and out of your motel for the next few day’s.”

“Damn crime, it’s bad for business, I’ll do as you say.”