User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Sep 2014, 11:24   #1
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future
Roid change

I'll keep it short.
Pa is frustrating for new players, they get bashed to **** and they hardly make any impact since their value is low because of the bashing. Even people who don't want to play very active pa is hardly worth playing since they wont keep roids.

So what i want to suggest is making value less important by leveling the playing field.

Roids will NOT generate income anymore.

What roids will do is generate score and alliance points, so they will be very important to hold if you want to play for planetranking / allyrank. Another upside is most of the uni will have the same amount of income unless you skip refineries. This way even less active planets will be able to hit higher ranked planets all round.

PR out.
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 11:46   #2
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Roid change

I presume you are not proposing to eliminate value and income entirely so just to be sure I have this right roids would generate income but the income they generate would equal the score they generate (or rather perhaps the ship value they would once have been able to produce is now producing decoupled score). The score would keep accumulating regardless of losses to the stuff that the income builds (fleet/more roids/structures). Value would only have meaning for determining xp and in showing how many ships etc. someone has.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 11:58   #3
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

What i propose is income being restricted to your planet only. This means by research / refineries / finance centers (which might need some tweaks to increase the res you get).

Roids will only generate score towards your planet and alliance points every tick you hold them. How much score or alliance points is something to think about.
Unread 18 Sep 2014, 12:14   #4
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

OK that is a very big change and would necessitate other changes along side. A few: the planet income would have to be increased or everyone will have huge scores compared to their number of ships. Finance centres would need to change because adding 0.5% on top of refineries+core is not very much so not at all cost effective compared to building more refineries even quite late on.

And I think there would need to be a way to damage the income; SKs would need to be more viable.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote