User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 29 Oct 2002, 13:30   #1
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Latest in the saga of my Linux router project...

It works \o/

Got everything working fine as a router/DHCP server but moving onto the next stage things have gone downhill again

I've installed Apache and the PHP4 module but every time I try to access a PHP page my browser (konqueror on the local system, IE on the remote) asks me if I want to download the file. Obviously I DON'T want to download it, I want Apache/PHP to pre-process it and send it to me as a webpage. The PHP app declarations are there in the httpd.conf file and the Apache test page shows the PHP4 module as present (as does rcapache start) yet it obviously isn't doing it's job.

Any suggestions gratefully received
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 13:48   #2
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
stop trying to do something you got no clue about,and go back to what you know..

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 13:56   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Allfather
stop trying to do something you got no clue about,and go back to what you know..
I've never set Apache up before, especially not with the PHP modules so I freely admit I know nothing about it. I would like to learn though
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 15:13   #4
MT
/dev/zero
Retired Mod

MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Go away you horrible little troll.

Gayle: have you set up apache to use the PHP module and/or added -DPHP4 to the apache startup command?

<idimmu> ok i was chained to a desk with this oriental dude
MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2002, 20:54   #5
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
MT, make the nasty troll go awah.

puwwweeeeezzzz
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 02:13   #6
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by MT

Go away you horrible little troll.

Gayle: have you set up apache to use the PHP module and/or added -DPHP4 to the apache startup command?
Okay...

On Slidey's advice I went to www.apachetoolkit.com and downloaded their install script. All the relevant source RPMs downloaded and installed fine, the make etc went fine, PHP 4 is installed as a module in apache. httpd -l | grep php shows the module is there and I've even tried starting it with -DPHP4 yet it still does the same thing, opens the file for download

.php is defined in httpd.config as the relevant mime type and I'm really fed up with this now

Anyone got a suggestion or a working php.config/httpd.config I can borrow? I'm almost certain it's a config error because the version I compiled earlier is totally different to the one with the distro and even installs itself in a different place.
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 10:16   #7
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
grab me on irc and ill give you a working one from an apachetoolbox setup i used..

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 13:12   #8
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Latest in the saga of my Linux router project...

just athought

go here

www.e-smith.org and grab their disto, php and apache come with it. I used it successfully for over a year as an adsl router. Total no brainer to use, and even allfather could install it once he has the cd the right way up

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 14:11   #9
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Well I got some help from a UV member who told me to create a file with <? phpinfi(); ?> in my wwwroot directory and waddya know it works.

When he tried to access the bcalc when I gave him the URL that worked too, just not for me.

So, I moved the bcalc into the wwwroot and now it works fine, I just can't have anything in a subdirectory.

Weird...
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 14:15   #10
Cocaine

Re: Re: Latest in the saga of my Linux router project...

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
just athought

go here

www.e-smith.org and grab their disto, php and apache come with it. I used it successfully for over a year as an adsl router. Total no brainer to use, and even allfather could install it once he has the cd the right way up

Vaio
You dont need to sign your name at the bottom of every post. We can see who made it.
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 16:24   #11
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
i am rebellious and use the cvs php for the sake of it
Unread 30 Oct 2002, 17:12   #12
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: Latest in the saga of my Linux router project...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cocaine

You dont need to sign your name at the bottom of every post. We can see who made it.
I do it to annoy people who tell me that

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote