User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Nov 2006, 00:26   #101
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough
Re: Official Angels Announcment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
hmmmmmmm, ace - can we be tinkiewinkie?
Sure Barrow
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 00:27   #102
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

oh and ace...stop being a **** eh?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 00:29   #103
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
oh and ace...stop being a **** eh?
Sure Mek if you cant do it with words just swear.
Real inteligent convo that way
#multihunters
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 00:31   #104
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
As far as I'm concerned, if ND don't win it's nothing to do with politics, it's because they aren't playing well enough - they need to play better and quickly. If we play better, we've got a good chance.
If by better u mean not suiciding entire fleets for xp....then yes i agree. The short sightedness (??) of some players is amazing.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 00:37   #105
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
you guys made your beds, just dont try and pin the blame on us for your NAP'ing of the impending #1 alliance
Heh, thats the fighting spirit alright! Correct me if i'm wrong (i'm not that up to date on who plays in which alliance), but your block should be perfectly capable of dealing with eXi themselves. Don't tell me 3 'top' alliances can't take down one alliance with 44 members. Its funny how everyone here spends all its time blaming eachother for not doing anything, instead of using that time to actually do something about the situation (if you feel so threatened by it). But i guess everyone already agreed that eXi will win, so let the fight for the oh so great #2 position begin!
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 00:40   #106
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

On a side note there have been NO wars this round.

Teaming up and targeting an allaince for one night is not a war.

Everyones just been sitting on their roids and gal raiding.

If you want to win the round angels/omen/ND then maybe you should actually start thinking about going about it the old fashion way and actually pwn your competion.

(Or you can continue to crash your little fleets for more xp cause we all know xp will win a war.. -_-)
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 00:42   #107
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
Heh, thats the fighting spirit alright! Correct me if i'm wrong (i'm not that up to date on who plays in which alliance), but your block should be perfectly capable of dealing with eXi themselves. Don't tell me 3 'top' alliances can't take down one alliance with 44 members. Its funny how everyone here spends all its time blaming eachother for not doing anything, instead of using that time to actually do something about the situation (if you feel so threatened by it). But i guess everyone already agreed that eXi will win, so let the fight for the oh so great #2 position begin!
oh nd and omen could, they simply refuse to because angels would render it unworkable and capitalise. Angels have had the firepower for some time anyway, they have a block, they just want to sit out the round and make it a non-event.

As for ChipZ: yes, that's exactly what i meant.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 01:15   #108
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The problem with Angels is the HC don't have enough respect and/or trust from their members.

Sure, they can say they do. But if it came down to it, and the HC told their members "right guys, we're going to take on eXi. Most of you WILL lose some roids and score in the battles, but in the end we'll hopefully end on top and come #1".

The members wouldn't like it. The majority wouldn't, anyway. They're all too selfish. They're happily sitting on quite a few roids, with a nice fleet and a nice score. They don't want some poxy HC telling them to go on a war and potentially lose some of that nice fleet or nice roids. If the HC told them to do it, then they know and the HC know that they have little to no control, and they can just ignore them and hit their own fat targets.

If Angels want to prove me (and the rest of the universe) wrong, then go for it. But most of the universe knows Angels is a joke of an alliance when it comes to wars or taking any kind of initiative, and as far as I can see it'll always say that way.

Someone made a very good point in a public channel I was in earlier. He questioned if any of the current BCs in Angels had ever BCed in a war. I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", although I could be wrong. I doubt it though.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 01:42   #109
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Wait...

could someone fill me in on how eXilition are supposed to win this round?
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 01:53   #110
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't play stupid, NitinA.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 01:59   #111
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
im starting to get very bored trying to drill the same point into your heads. you handed exilition the round with your actions. now unless you can explain to the boards how you plan to stop exilition when you have dispatched of the "uber evuhl" block of Angels/Vision/ToF to prevent them destroying potentially the ENTIRE internet [/scarcasm] then i wont be posting anymore on this shit thread

you guys made your beds, just dont try and pin the blame on us for your NAP'ing of the impending #1 alliance
you want explanations, ask Angels why they created the first block of the round (actually it wasn't the first attempt to block.....Angels/Omen/VSN was the first attempt to create a block with the intentions of hitting ND, and never got going for whatever reason) was the first they attempted to create, forcing everyone elses hand...and ask them why they sit back and expect everyone else to do their work for them?

if Angels is so scared of exi winning, why aren't they doing something about it? Instead of whining on AD about it

the round is barely half over, no one has handed anyone anything.....

"the "uber evuhl" block of Angels/Vision/ToF" isn't evil, it simply was created first, and it exists, and must be dealt with on the same level, as opposed to not doing anything and letting them roid whever they want at will with no response. If you don't see the logic in that your obviously braindead.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 02:23   #112
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

I think the 2 main points of the topic are that Angels knows about the block and want everyone else to know about it.Im not in the know of Politics but it seems to me, if exi has a chance to win the round, the everything has just fallen into place.
I think Angels HC are dissapointed that the other alliances blocked with exi. I dont think there would be as much of a fuss if exi werent involved.

Quote:
This is a classic Angels tactic. It has happened time and time again. When i read this I was not surprised, because they've done it many times before.
And blocking a smaller more powerful alliance only to watch the smaller alliance go on to victory is a never seen before ND tactic?

Thus far, from my point of view, no alliance has proven itself to be a master tactition and it seems many alliances are just wandering around in the dark. With the absence of 1up it seems there is only one master war machine left in the game, and in joining exi in the block, the alliances that did so gain from exis coordination and attack skills and large fleets. At the same time they may have cut off their nose to spite their face.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 02:23   #113
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

so...

whos winning?

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 02:57   #114
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Is that even a question Jonas? It's obvious who's winning. I'm winning.
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 03:00   #115
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Handing eXilition the win is so amusing.

I'm not fond of Angels but some NewDawn people shouldn't really laugh when their own alliance conducted their 'diplomacy' in such an insulting manner towards 1up for a couple of rounds.

Seems to me that everyone is at fault somewhere rather than one or two particular alliances (or blocks).

PS: Expecting Angels to cooperative is silly. Theyve got the attention span of a goldfish.

PSS: I correct my last part. A goldfish has better memory and consistency than Angels.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 04:12   #116
Apoam

Apoam is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
"the "uber evuhl" block of Angels/Vision/ToF" isn't evil, it simply was created first, and it exists, and must be dealt with on the same level, as opposed to not doing anything and letting them roid whever they want at will with no response. If you don't see the logic in that your obviously braindead.
After reading forums alot over 2 years whitout comments i would say that some in here got the iQ of a ball, and thats why they bounce back all the time and never listen or debate any issue really.
Its like the girls who are no good in bed, all moaning and no fun...
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 04:38   #117
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
im starting to get very bored trying to drill the same point into your heads. you handed exilition the round with your actions. now unless you can explain to the boards how you plan to stop exilition when you have dispatched of the "uber evuhl" block of Angels/Vision/ToF to prevent them destroying potentially the ENTIRE internet [/scarcasm] then i wont be posting anymore on this shit thread
The amusing thing here is that your point seems to largely consist of "how can you block against the first, fourth and fifth placed alliances when the sixth placed alliance looks so dangerous".
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 06:59   #118
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I do wonder if Angels will ever manage to finish a job before starting the next one.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 09:21   #119
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
No doubt Keizari, Kaifux and Nightsky all got together and plotted for ten days to come up with a plan to kill off Idler and save the round. There's no other possible explanation!

Bastards.
Yes, because that is exactly what I was saying. Spot on buddy!

That was sarcasm!
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 09:28   #120
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
generally by this stage of the round, any decent alliance's intel will be good enough to know what coordinates another alliance roughly occupies
I like how you're implying that Angels are a decent alliance, that made me chuckle.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 09:50   #121
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Go angels
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 10:25   #122
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek

Mek...are you expecting us to start hitting eXi when we have constant incomings from your block ? Sure ToF would propably have had fun passing us in the ranks after eXi hitting us back and you sitting aside, cause my bet is that Angels/ToF/Vision would've jumped out quite quick.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 10:32   #123
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
I got a 13 wav'er from Omen/Exil (3 last waves were xvx) earlier this round.

Care to comment ?
dobblebooked, remember i checked it
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 11:46   #124
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
... cause my bet is that Angels/ToF/Vision would've jumped out quite quick.
presumption is the mother of all ****ups

Unread 9 Nov 2006, 11:57   #125
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
A bit like Angels jumped off last time we tried to work with them, right?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 12:23   #126
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
The point is Rob, hitting ex and just having angels harassing you and taking free rocks is irritating. Angels have a block already. The point is Angels would not help for a sustained period, and would actually leave us exposed on enough occaisions to make the whole campaign counterproductive and infact, might lead to exilition being victorious anyway. What you have to appreciate is that Angels can't hold an agreement with any of their rivals, their credibility is nil and thus nothing with them workable if their current HC remain incumbent. Their strategy would be to prolong the war as long as possible and that any conflict with even their initial cooperation would become unworkable and end up as Angels as good as being on Exilition's side on some occaisions.

The mistake you've made is that you think Angels are rational and cooperative in actions of mutual interest: they are far from any of these adjectives. The scenario you highlight is actually worse for ND/Omen than the current one, because Angels won't cooperate, not by any stretch.
So instead of taking the path that might lead you to victory you, as in nd, once again chose to settle for a 2-5 finish. Exactly why cant ND, Omen and lch build a block that takes out exilition and then go for Angels?
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 12:32   #127
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
Wait...

could someone fill me in on how eXilition are supposed to win this round?
Like this?
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 13:11   #128
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
So instead of taking the path that might lead you to victory you, as in nd, once again chose to settle for a 2-5 finish. Exactly why cant ND, Omen and lch build a block that takes out exilition and then go for Angels?

How could we go after eXi when we had tone of Angels/ToF/Vision up our ass? They would've ran away with the victory so damned easy if we'd hit eXi.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 13:13   #129
Treveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
How could we go after eXi when we had tone of Angels/ToF/Vision up our ass?
Is this the same group of players that can only focus on one alliance for 2-3 days?
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 13:22   #130
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Simple.

Lets say Omen/ND/LCH began to be vaguely successful (which looking at their value will be very tough because all exilition will do is focus on their bigger players who they can't possibly get defence for). If that starts to be the case, Angels and their block would intervene (after gaining value meanwhile) to contain their progress. All in all, this makes it a futile effort.

If Exilition starts winning, the reverse happens.

And people wonder why Angels rant on about how they should target Exilition. I'd also be particularly suspicious of anyone with a mentality of 'anyone but exilition' because that to me seems to be someone who forgets that there are other threats out there.

So that solution simply leads to angels holding out a lead. What has been decided is that this would be the worst option because in that scenario, they definitely can't win. Instead what has been done is that the pressure has been put on Angels to do something about exilition if they are upset about it, and the round is now a bit of a lottery, where people can entertain the possibility of exilition winning. To me it seems as if ND and Omen have nothing to lose, so they are gambling rather heavily to give them any kind of possibility to win. If that involves using exilition as a threat to prod angels, I think their point of view is 'so be it'.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 13:25   #131
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Is this the same group of players that can only focus on one alliance for 2-3 days?
Actually no. Angels treat their lackies well.

The problem is they have no concept of cooperating with their rivals when necessary, because they panic too quickly, worry that the people they are working with are too successful, overreact and end up making the whole thing pointless in the first place. I can appreciate them wanting to win, but when you do something for no actual end product one wonders why you even bothered to start off.

It's nothing to do with concentration in my opinion.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 13:46   #132
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

I might be missing the obvious but why dont both blocks target exi!
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 13:46   #133
Treveler

Quote:
Simple.

Lets say Omen/ND/LCH began to be vaguely successful (which looking at their value will be very tough because all exilition will do is focus on their bigger players who they can't possibly get defence for). If that starts to be the case, Angels and their block would intervene (after gaining value meanwhile) to contain their progress. All in all, this makes it a futile effort.

If Exilition starts winning, the reverse happens.

And people wonder why Angels rant on about how they should target Exilition. I'd also be particularly suspicious of anyone with a mentality of 'anyone but exilition' because that to me seems to be someone who forgets that there are other threats out there.

So that solution simply leads to angels holding out a lead. What has been decided is that this would be the worst option because in that scenario, they definitely can't win. Instead what has been done is that the pressure has been put on Angels to do something about exilition if they are upset about it, and the round is now a bit of a lottery, where people can entertain the possibility of exilition winning. To me it seems as if ND and Omen have nothing to lose, so they are gambling rather heavily to give them any kind of possibility to win. If that involves using exilition as a threat to prod angels, I think their point of view is 'so be it'.
Your logic amuses me. 3 alliances are afraid of what 45 ppl can do to their combined effort?

So now we have 2 blocks who are afraid to hit the current winning alliance who has 45 members and their cunning plan is to wait it out in a wane attempt to let the other side deal with the problem. At top of this ND/Omen decides to actually nap Exilition in an attempt to force Angels + flak to attack Exil? Yeah that sounds reasonable...
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 13:54   #134
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki

Unread 9 Nov 2006, 13:57   #135
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Because that would be the obvious thing to do, and it is much, much better to bitch at Angels and hope we do it alone...

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 13:58   #136
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Your logic amuses me. 3 alliances are afraid of what 45 ppl can do to their combined effort?
No, ND and Omen are more afraid that Angels will take a short sighted advantage, and hit ND/Omen, while ND/Omen hit EXil. This is what happens when your alliance gets a reputation for shocking political moves.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:02   #137
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
No, ND and Omen are more afraid that Angels will take a short sighted advantage, and hit ND/Omen, while ND/Omen hit EXil. This is what happens when your alliance gets a reputation for shocking political moves.
ND/LCH/Omen/xVx NAP exil and target Angels/ToF/VisioN

thats a sure fire way to get us to go full out on exil when we have 4 other alliances to contend with who have vowed to attack us till the end.

yay for stagnation/boredom

Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:03   #138
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:

So instead of talking/working it out with Angels, they block with Exi. The logic here astounds me.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:04   #139
Treveler

Quote:
Then you nap/block with exil and make sure no Angel member finish the round with more then 50 roids and let Exil have their win. You cant ever win without at least trying.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:05   #140
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
I thought that was falling for the same thing twice.
Quote:
because angels has a reputation to backstab the alliance working with them to hit another alliance, surely you know this?
you were there.

Last edited by cura; 9 Nov 2006 at 14:12.
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:16   #141
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Just like New Dawn spent round 15 hitting Angels while we were trying to take on eXilition, is that what you are saying?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:19   #142
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
This is what happens when your alliance gets a completely justified reputation for shocking political moves.
FYP.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:22   #143
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura
I thought that was falling for the same thing twice.

because angels has a reputation to backstab the alliance working with them to hit another alliance, surely you know this?
you were there.
yeah but when I was HC r15, I actually made it a point to try and hit exi, even if noone else wanted to join in. We had help from 1up, but due to shit all communications from both sides it failed, then again in previous rounds i had no political say. And yet again ND try to take the higher ground, when you yourselves have made completely shit decisions
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:23   #144
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
And blocking a smaller more powerful alliance only to watch the smaller alliance go on to victory is a never seen before ND tactic?
I think a small portion of that instance has to be blamed on the outrageous LCH strategic moves of the round. ND had every intent of going for #1 and 1up had every intent of helping them.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:25   #145
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
yeah but when I was HC r15, I actually made it a point to hit exi, even if noone else wanted to join in, but then previous rounds i had no political say. And yet again ND try to take the higher ground, when you yourselves have made completely shit decisions
I'd have to agree here. ND were unbearably shit in R15 and ****ed the round up completely for everyone but eXilition.

Doesn't alter the fact that, R15 aside, Angels are a truly awful alliance in terms of being able to plan a course of action and stick to it.

Quote:
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:25   #146
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura

you were there.

I keep seeing these type of quotes. Could you give me some examples of how they built this reputation? I had been out of Angels for about 3 rounds and dont remember any incidents that could back up your arguement. But like I said, Ive been out for a few rounds so am not privy to what happened during that time.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:26   #147
Fyodor
Behe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I think a small portion of that instance has to be blamed on the outrageous LCH strategic moves of the round. ND had every intent of going for #1 and 1up had every intent of helping them.

I am sure they are going for the win this round too, but they havent seemed to learn from their last go at it.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:30   #148
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I'd have to agree here. ND were unbearably shit in R15 and ****ed the round up completely for everyone but eXilition.

Doesn't alter the fact that, R15 aside, Angels are a truly awful alliance in terms of being able to plan a course of action and stick to it.
I altered my previous post, there was lack of communication between our two sides, partly my own fault, and I didnt exactly get the cooperation I wanted from all members of the 'team'. As for sticking to a course of action, we attempted to go for exi 2 weeks straight, but they were obviously the more superior side in terms of fighting no dispute, i would often change target from exi on occasional nights though, only to boost moral though as roids were hard to come by from exi
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:46   #149
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Why do I see so many people claiming they cannot take on eXi because someone else MIGHT do something. Do you realise that almost every alliance involved has in the past shown examples of complete incompetence. If your going to think like that, none of you are trustworthy.

Get your heads of your asses and realise that to win a round you need to act. That involves actually doing something. Bitching on AD and worrying about what might happen is not going to get you anywhere.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 15:01   #150
rain

rain can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
Why do I see so many people claiming they cannot take on eXi because someone else MIGHT do something. Do you realise that almost every alliance involved has in the past shown examples of complete incompetence. If your going to think like that, none of you are trustworthy.

Get your heads of your asses and realise that to win a round you need to act. That involves actually doing something. Bitching on AD and worrying about what might happen is not going to get you anywhere.
Indeed, some HCs are to busy talking crap in here, or to busy with their own planets to care about eXi. No names, they know themselves best.