User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Aug 2004, 20:30   #1
Demonite

Demonite is an unknown quantity at this point
Please help, cant log in

Since getting homwe from work today i havnt been able to log into my planetarion account - well actually i cant even get on the website.
Everytime i go to it, it says "Page cannot be found" - this has been for about 4 hours now!
Some of the urls i cannot get to include
www.planetarion.com
http://jpaweb01.planetarion.com/login.pl

When i first had the problem i couldnt get to www.planetarion.com but could get to http://jpaweb01.planetarion.com/login.pl. The log in screens came up fast but as soon as it got to loading the overview page it slowed right down - couldnt even finish loading the html file.

Any help would be appreciated. I cant see any message on the forums saying anyone else is having these problems
Demonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 20:32   #2
Demonite

Re: Please help, cant log in

p.s. clock times are right and i could log in fine yesterday - to my knowledge no security settings on IE have changed since then either so i dont think it can be a cookie thing
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 20:38   #3
MagicLord

MagicLord is an unknown quantity at this point

me too. cant login. i get always the error page not found. and i thought i am the only one with that problem. but the problem exists since a few hours. i was able to login that morning. can someone help plz

btw: i cant even reach planetarion.com
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 20:43   #4
Busted
Not the band.

Busted is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it's the same for everyone. Something must be wrong with the servers I'm sure they're fixing it.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 20:45   #5
Demonite

If thats the case then why cant i see more messages saying the same problems as me - or an announcement on the announcements section?
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 21:18   #6
MagicLord

MagicLord is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree. it would be much more helpful if theyd say shortly that the server got problems...
lets see how long it takes!
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 00:40   #7
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

This is Why
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 07:52   #8
Purpleroselily

Purpleroselily is an unknown quantity at this point

Read announcements - servers are down - hope pa are going to give those who have paid for their accounts some form of reduction for next round!!!!!!!!!!! This is the 2nd time the ticker has gone down that I know of this round - its as bad as in the good old rounds. PA must be renowned for its inability to keep a server going for a whole game without interuption of some description, yet have the cheek to expect pps to pay to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Purpleroselily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 09:42   #9
suss

suss is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleroselily
Read announcements - servers are down - hope pa are going to give those who have paid for their accounts some form of reduction for next round!!!!!!!!!!!
You pay for a 3 month game, servers haven't been down 24 hours yet - how much compensation do you think you are entitled to? Nothing if you ask me.

Quote:
This is the 2nd time the ticker has gone down that I know of this round - its as bad as in the good old rounds.
Not even near to close to the downtimes in the earlier rounds.
Stop complaining I'm sure they are doing their best to fix the problem.

However - they should be able to write a short announcment earlier than they managed.
suss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 09:59   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

There have in fact been 2 minor issues previosuly this round - in each case the ticker did not stop, but in fact pause mid tick due to a minor bug in the way our admin tools do something - as long as we don;t do it near ticks its fine.

This time jolt has problems due to their providerer which resulted in a lack of network access which meant it was impossible to stop the ticker - luckily jolt had someone working on the speed game server trying to fix its odd problems as was able to reset the server hence stopping the ticker. Since then we have left both servers down while the situation can be further evaluated.

When deciding the end date of the round the downtime will be taken into account.

The reason for the late accouncement is that the main methood of announcement is via the portal which duplicates its announcement on the forums - with the portal down it made things rather difficult. People who were on irc in #planetarion and #support were kept fully informed as and when we received information.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 10:49   #11
Purpleroselily

Purpleroselily is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately I have not been able to access IRC either - which is a bit of a bind - not just for PA but for other things. Hopefully all will be back to normal soon, although the last round I played in the servers went down half way through and never came back up again, then PA went elsewhere for servers and management etc and game never got back on its feet or into action. Had hoped all these server problems had been resolved this time - its been a few rounds since I last played PA and I've missed it . I've been on the Jolt site and they seem to think that all is well with their servers and apologised for the minimum loss of service.
Purpleroselily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 11:44   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

yes the network problems have been resolved, but we can't just restart things where we left off need to make sure the maximum number of people can be online etc

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 12:15   #13
Demonite

Quote:
Read announcements - servers are down - hope pa are going to give those who have paid for their accounts some form of reduction for next round!!!!!!!!!!! This is the 2nd time the ticker has gone down that I know of this round - its as bad as in the good old rounds.

What are you talking about?
It is no where near as bad as the early rounds!
As for a reduction on the next round, i dont need one. So what it was 18 hours, Its not like the game carried on while people couldnt log in. It stopped.

Only down 2 times so far and your comparing it with the early rounds, are you sure you were there?