User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 1 Dec 2007, 11:39   #1
Perfection
Autonomous

Perfection will become famous soon enoughPerfection will become famous soon enough
Salvage

I have probably misread something somewhere but:

http://parser.lch-hq.org/index.php?s...25491196504992

I have just lost 11800 chimera in a battle report at my planet as a defender. The total resource cost of the destroyed ships was therefore 11, 832, 000 resources.

I am terran so I get a race bonus of 20%. The top 20 average score at the time was approximately 2.7M and my score is 2M.

The salvage I should have received is therefore 11, 832, 000 * 0.3 * 1.4 * 1.125 which gives a value of approximately 5.6M resources.

Yet I only received 2,348,658 resources.

Have I worked this out correctly, and has anyone got any idea why this is the case? I havent even included the resources from the 'killed' clippers in my calculations.
Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 11:45   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Salvage

The new salvage rules completely threw me off my balance, I have no idea what to expect any more. So even though they may (keyword, I really don't have an opinion on it) be better for the game, it's nullifying that by being too complex.

I vote for removing it again for next round.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 12:23   #3
Aragno
xVx techie

Aragno will become famous soon enoughAragno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
The new salvage rules completely threw me off my balance, I have no idea what to expect any more. So even though they may (keyword, I really don't have an opinion on it) be better for the game, it's nullifying that by being too complex.

I agree. You never know what you get any more.

[xVx]
Aragno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2007, 09:57   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection
I have probably misread something somewhere but:

http://parser.lch-hq.org/index.php?s...25491196504992

I have just lost 11800 chimera in a battle report at my planet as a defender. The total resource cost of the destroyed ships was therefore 11, 832, 000 resources.

I am terran so I get a race bonus of 20%. The top 20 average score at the time was approximately 2.7M and my score is 2M.

The salvage I should have received is therefore 11, 832, 000 * 0.3 * 1.4 * 1.125 which gives a value of approximately 5.6M resources.

Yet I only received 2,348,658 resources.

Have I worked this out correctly, and has anyone got any idea why this is the case? I havent even included the resources from the 'killed' clippers in my calculations.
The only resources you get are the resources from the killed Clippers.
You don't get salvage directly from stolen ships, but from the ships dying as they're stealing your ships - i.e. the Clippers. You can't get salvage from stolen ships as that'd really be creating resources and pretty illogical. It's part of the reason why steal ships dying was brought in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk

In all cases, the variables only give players more salvage. I didn't even know that players bothered to calculate their salvage - I'm a bit sad, because it means they don't trust that the combat engine works properly at calculating the salvage (though I guess that's not a completely unjustified view, all things considered).

If you're Cath or Terran, you get more salvage (partly to balance their poor defence).
If you're small, you get more salvage.
Those are the "ideas". Just because it might take longer to work out the numbers, I don't follow how that means that we shouldn't use it.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 2 Dec 2007 at 10:03.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2007, 11:36   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection
I think its the * 0.3 bit that you've got wrong. You're technically not losing your own ships, but the attackers (since those are the ones that actually died). For attacking ship's salvage, its 15%, not 30% as it is for defending ships.

Basically what Appoco said with my own spin on it.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2007, 11:38   #6
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I didn't even know that players bothered to calculate their salvage - I'm a bit sad, because it means they don't trust that the combat engine works properly at calculating the salvage (though I guess that's not a completely unjustified view, all things considered).
I don't usually calc my battles after they've happened, it sounds like the OP decided not to run because he thought he'd get more salvage, rather than checking to see if the salvage was correct.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote