User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Nov 2010, 14:58   #101
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Imperia and their mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
Very possibly fair JBG, but incredibly harsh.

While I understand your frustration, isn't it the case that you have a certain duty to "work around" the vast numbers of people that approach the game like DrunkenViking?

It's not like it should be a surprise to you after all these rounds, so to castigate someone so brutally seems a bit ott.

Easy for me to say I suppose as I've given up dealing with that particular problem.
In fairness I'm somewhat in your situation now where I've given up dealing with this sort of problem. The only reason my name is involved in this is because after I saw the initial post in this thread and found out it was real I went on and asked if anyone in ascendancy minded if I started a war in hilarious fashion
Unread 12 Nov 2010, 15:02   #102
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Even tho i'm Apprime's PR i'm willing to help the sad and frustrated people outside of Apprime also. You are able to find me in the public channel #Apprime and i will try helping making your day abit better when i have some time for it.

PR Department
Unread 12 Nov 2010, 15:02   #103
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Is this the really cool bit where Asc manage to convince Imp thant they should all attack App, in order to show some balls and fight back rar rar rar etc, and then App attack Imp because they are the closest rival, but don't grow as fast as other alliances because of Imp's pretty decent def, allowing Asc to come back into contention for #1? Or the bit where an alliance block tries to rape #1?

It's like one of those chose your own adenture books you read in primary school, where you read ahead before you chose which path you take, in order to avoid facing a gruesome death caused by an unwanted dip in the bad guys shark infested swimming pool, where you instead play a round of golf at the local politicians private club, and eventually face a gruesome death caused by an unwanted dip in his shark infested swimming pool.

The loop bit really sucks, it's like a bad acid trip, which as we all know, once you are in there, you cannot get out. It makes me wish I took up that offer from the two French blokes to head down to the naked steam rooms....

The PA political game is boring, next round, why not try a self imposed political handicap (of the non lithuanian variety) for added difficulty? Something like your political decisions are made by the player who manages to kill enemy value ending with the same last 2 digits as the current tick.....

Alternatively, Cleverbot is an option:
JM: Who should Asc attack?
CB: The garage.
JM: Who is the garage?
CB: Adam Brody.
JM: What are Adam Brody's coords?
CB: Why do you want to know?
JM: Because PA politics are boring as f*ck.
CB: Are we friends?
JM: Is that you Yoshika?
CB: No.
JM: Are you sure?
CB Yes.
JM: Who are you then?
CB: I am your god.
JM: Ok, who shall I attack my lord?
CB: Me.
JM: Coords plx?
CB: 72,42.

Apparantly God sounds an awefull lot lke Yoshika, and is hiding out in Cluster 72. If you want to attack him, go for it, don't worry about sending fakes though, he doesn't really need Inc scan.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2010, 15:31   #104
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No, this is the bit where Ascendancy crashes 2m value a day. But don't let facts slow you down in your insatiable quest for.. what, exactly?

On second thought, don't answer that.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2010, 15:59   #105
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

What is going to happen is that Imperia realises their mistake too late, at which point everyone else is too inactive to help them against Apprime.
Unread 12 Nov 2010, 17:07   #106
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Plus, let's be honest, not really all that willing any more.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 13 Nov 2010, 00:56   #107
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

JBG, I'm pretty much done with this thread, but will add this:
You do not know me, with the exception of the idle rounds i've spent in asc, nor the sacrifices i've made from an alliance point of view or from a planet point of view over the years. And let me add; I thought i were retarded, but man you really got the crown in the kingdom of retardation right now.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 13 Nov 2010 at 01:06.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2010, 01:10   #108
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Gogogadget!
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2010, 01:16   #109
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
Very possibly fair JBG, but incredibly harsh.

While I understand your frustration, isn't it the case that you have a certain duty to "work around" the vast numbers of people that approach the game like DrunkenViking?

It's not like it should be a surprise to you after all these rounds, so to castigate someone so brutally seems a bit ott.

Easy for me to say I suppose as I've given up dealing with that particular problem.
Because on an analysis of the general situation, there is no 'workaround'

Without a positive move from Imperia and a cessation of hostility towards ND and CT we can't possibly make the case for a NAP and even if we could, there's no guarantee either would take notice. On this count, there seems to be some kind of insistence that we do something beyond our power which is unreasonable. By persisting in this conflict, Imperia are locking out any kind of support for Ascendancy to effectively attack Apprime. Their actions are locking in politics, preventing choices for everyone and condemning everyone to defeat, themselves included.

Being able to cooperate here would have opened up the race for #1 and unpacked all kind of political choices later on (most likely ending up with what we have now but on a much more level playing field) but that time has probably passed now. Standing in Imperia's shoes, they've decided to drift to nothing: it's more than a bad choice, it's not even attempting to play the game. There's absolutely no concept in their camp of the consequences of their actions beyond the next 100 ticks. Which is why JBG is pointing to Chimpie's absurd analysis, because he doesn't know how the game works at metagame level, how momentum works and is consequently a cretin.

There is an element of frustration on our part, but that's not do with being politically unable to put Apprime under pressure, so I'll leave it there.
Unread 13 Nov 2010, 01:54   #110
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA
Relation Change 673 Imperia and Apprime have confirmed they are allied.
Unread 13 Nov 2010, 06:19   #111
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

The Apprime/Imperia NAP while disappointing was essentially inevitable once Ascendancy launched on Imperia, so lets not pretend we cant blame ourselves for this one. The real question is, would their NAP have happened had we not attacked them, the whole rationale behind Asc's attack on Imp was that we presumed this to be already the case, so was it?
We can never know.
I certainly hope we were not naive enough to attack them presuming we could prevent this; open assault in pa usually means coercion has failed already, as with hitting CT last round it is a doomed attempt to make them believe we can do more damage than the ally they are NAP-ing in order to avoid incs from.
Since they would have no measure of comparison failure is certain; if the attacker does a great deal of damage the victim is forced into the arms of the real opponent for fear it could be even worse, and if little damage is done the attackers have demonstrated they are not a credible force in taking on the top ally who is the real opponent and thus not worth allying to for that purpose. In either case once the coercive attack is launched the attacker has shown his hand to little effect.
There will rarely be a point where the attacking alliance looks stronger than the alliance they are attempting to force a coalition against and thus achieve the objective; for the obvious reason that if this was even vaguely likely then to attack the alliance that they want as a partner would seem an unnecessary risk, better to leave them on the sidelines until you are sure they have decided against you.
Of course the only thing likely to alter things would be some demonstration of perfidy from the alliance we are trying to get a coalition against, unfortunately such cannot be manufactured.
In sum the relation change is a formalisation of something we believed had already taken place thus why comment?
And so I destroy my own post.
Unread 13 Nov 2010, 07:36   #112
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
You do not know me, (...) nor the sacrifices i've made
The Maid of Orléans

You should use that r/p name next round.
Unread 13 Nov 2010, 11:05   #113
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
No, this is the bit where Ascendancy crashes 2m value a day. But don't let facts slow you down in your insatiable quest for.. what, exactly?

On second thought, don't answer that.
Membership.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote